Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    So, just how decorated a journalist should Krypto be, anyway?
    I think it's fine if he's just a "good boy," I don't see any need for him to be Best in Show. Not every dog has to be Best in Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think it's fine if he's just a "good boy," I don't see any need for him to be Best in Show. Not every dog has to be Best in Show.
    He was doing OK in the dog show, but when Superboy told him to stay, Krypto decided to take a big bite out of Mongul's neck. It wasn't pretty.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    So, just how decorated a journalist should Krypto be, anyway?
    Well since he has been the K9 lead of the Superman fanchise, the only way you would not make him as highly decorated as Lois is if you have an inherent speciesist agenda

He was inspired by Lassie, Rin Tin Tin and Snoopy.

And of course it goes without saying he is a better reporter than Clark. He really needs to be established as being a successful hero before he meets Superman and one of the top canine correspondents for the Doggy Planet while Clark is just a rookie reporter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Well since he has been the K9 lead of the Superman fanchise, the only way you would not make him as highly decorated as Lois is if you have an inherent speciesist agenda

He was inspired by Lassie, Rin Tin Tin and Snoopy.

And of course it goes without saying he is a better reporter than Clark. He really needs to be established as being a successful hero before he meets Superman and one of the top canine correspondents for the Doggy Planet while Clark is just a rookie reporter.
    Lol! I see what you did there. Poor Clark, no respect for being a hard working reporter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Kara is such a non-factor in Clark's story I often forget she exists (which might just be me, I hate the "cousin from Krypton" concept). The idea that she's more important than Lois is objectively wrong.
    Kara has more apperances in non comicbook spinoffs than lois. Shes literay the star of her own tv show and one of the main leads in the dc hero girls spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Kara has more apperances in non comicbook spinoffs than lois. Shes literay the star of her own tv show and one of the main leads in the dc hero girls spinoff
    This is ignoring the context of “in relation to Superman”. Kara isn’t anywhere near as important to Clark’s story. It is objectively wrong that Kara is more important to Superman than Lois.

Lois has Likely appeared in more outside media as well. And has CO-stared in more movies and television series than Kara.

Pulitzer prize winning reporter with an established reputation before Clark even walked through the front door. I thought fandom was on the same page regarding this. Someone whom the people in the field are very familiar with in the beginning and eventually she could achieve national and later world wide level fame. Also she should be older than Clark but that feels like a discussion for another thread.

And I disagree with the poster who said Superman's cast shouldn't be exceptional. I disagree, they should be exceptional. Lois, Perry and Jimmy should embody what's humanely achievable. It's a matter of not overly exaggerating it, I don't need Lois sparring with Shiva or Perry White beating Deathstroke or Jimmy suplexing King Shark but they should be very good within their parameters.

Considering that Lois has been in every single Superman adaptation ever made, from radio to film to cartoons to novels, and that goes back to before Kara even existed, I'm not sure if that's actually true.

But like Yoda said, this is in relation to Clark and his narrative. Kara barely shows up in Clark's story. The idea that she is more important to the Super mythos than Lois is objectively wrong.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Kara has been lifted right out of Clark's story for long stretches, something that has never happened to Lois.

Now I think it's really dumb how she was exiled from canon post-COIE, but the fact still remains that it happened. At the same time Lois and Clark got married and had a tv show with their names in the title.