Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Conner as the personification of a Superman with less "limits"?

Hello,

I personally ALWAYS thought that it would be cool for Conner to be aged up (20) and him being in some ways like Clark (Superhero), BUT (I dont know how to describe) with less limits...and other views.

For example Clark never trained, but I like the Idea that Conner trains in martial arts.

Clark isnt the guy who would use a yellow,red etc. lantern ring, but I like the Idea that Conner sees them only as kind of "vehicle" to fullfill his missions.

I also like the Idea of Conner enjoying flirting, being together with women etc. (not cheating if he has a girlfriend, but spending time together also with 2 women etc.).
    I also like the Idea that this are women who could mean trouble like Knockout, Artemis of Bana, Huntress (Helena)...
    Also flirting etc. with female members of the JL like Black Canary,Zatanna...(with a kind of Charlie Harper,James Bond...charme) probably also Diana...

I like the black/red as his colors, so his look a mix of Brutaal of Earth 2 and Black Zero...

So I like the Idea of him as Superhero much like Clark, but with other views etc. and also like during his time in Hawaii enjoying his superpowers..not only using them for helping people, but also to enjoy his life..

Well when Geoff Johns wrote the teen titans story titans if tomorrow the adult Conner could block magic, like freddys fist. He created TK fields that kept his fist from even touching him.

The new 52 superboy wasn't a solar battery, and wasn't effected by red sun energy.

I'm not for sure, but I think a version of kon was either able to block kryptonite or it was hinted thst he might be able too.

I mean I personally think that with Jon now a teenager, though just in general, that Conner along with the Young Justice team should be in their early 20’s (I’m talking like 21-23). I personally wanna see older Uncle Conner to a young teen Jon.

As for how different he should be, I’m not sure. Genuinely I think to some extent that he’d try to be similar to Clark but I would assume he’d try to learn some different fighting styles. Maybe he’d think because he’s a teenager that he has a less bulky build compared to Superman and has to learn to fight for his smaller frame. I’m talking the difference between a teen and a grown adult of course.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I personally think that with Jon now a teenager, though just in general, that Conner along with the Young Justice team should be in their early 20’s (I’m talking like 21-23). I personally wanna see older Uncle Conner to a young teen Jon.

As for how different he should be, I’m not sure. Genuinely I think to some extent that he’d try to be similar to Clark but I would assume he’d try to learn some different fighting styles. Maybe he’d think because he’s a teenager that he has a less bulky build compared to Superman and has to learn to fight for his smaller frame. I’m talking the difference between a teen and a grown adult of course.
    I think he should be different because he has experienced:
    -the death of Tana Moon
    -his own death
    -he is a clone of Lex and Clark

etc. etc.

and it would be AWESOME to finally see a Super-Character learning how to fight properly...
    I liked the NEW52 Superman Fighting Style...which wasnt based only a punching, but also strikes with knees etc.

If you think of the times, then Conner should definitely have new ways to protect himself and over come adversaries. Now there are tons of super-powered beings who are in or close enough to a kryptonians power level, so he can't just rely on being the strongest, like Clark has. He needs to train to fight, use tech, and have built in "extras" (TTK), to stay on top.

Trained by Tim and Cassie to fight
    Tech from Cadmus,or kryptonian, maybe creating his own, lex is his other dad, genius level intellect should come with the cloning.
    Tactile telekinesis is his best chance of staying on top of a more crowded mountain now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    If you think of the times, then Conner should definitely have new ways to protect himself and over come adversaries. Now there are tons of super-powered beings who are in or close enough to a kryptonians power level, so he can't just rely on being the strongest, like Clark has. He needs to train to fight, use tech, and have built in "extras" (TTK), to stay on top.

Trained by Tim and Cassie to fight
    Tech from Cadmus,or kryptonian, maybe creating his own, lex is his other dad, genius level intellect should come with the cloning.
    Tactile telekinesis is his best chance of staying on top of a more crowded mountain now.
    Cassie and Tim arent good enough, but I for example often thought that Artemis of Bana could be an interesting choice for a short term relationship...
    She has trained Cassie,Supergirl etc. and with her Amazon strenght she could also be difficult for Conner...

I also wish that Cassie would take more training, but she already lost her origin (Zeus as father) so I think she will even fall more behind...

Astonishing Member

This thread reminds me of three years ago, when one of the theories to resolve the 'two Supermen' situation on these boards was that the New 52 Superman was in fact Connor brainwashed into thinking he's Clark by Mr. Oz...

Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    This thread reminds me of three years ago, when one of the theories to resolve the 'two Supermen' situation on these boards was that the New 52 Superman was in fact Connor brainwashed into thinking he's Clark by Mr. Oz...

Good times!

You know thst was totally what happened lol

BANNED

Why the hell would any girl worth their salt in agency would want to date a uncool bitch like conner and not see him cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Why the hell would any girl worth their salt in agency would want to date a uncool bitch like conner and not see him cringeworthy.

Because he is the personification of the cool guy in any time period, 90s or 00s, it doesnt matter. Any girl,would want him, even your girl lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    He is just the cooler version of Nightwing and/or Bruce...

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

Good times!
    That would have been a great solution, but unfortunately Conner seems to remain a teenager for longer time..

Because he is the personification of the cool guy in any time period, 90s or 00s, it doesnt matter. Any girl,would want him, even your girl lol.
    LMAO! He was the personification of cool in the 90's.
    Now he just looks dated and too try hard.

new 52 Clark [jeans and tee]/YJ Conner that's the personification of effortless cool in any decade.

Each to their own i guess.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-15-2020 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    LMAO! He was the personification of cool in the 90's.
    Now he just looks dated and too try hard.

new 52 Clark [jeans and tee]/YJ Conner that's the personification of effortless cool in any decade.

Each to their own i guess.

Let me rephrase that. In the 90s he was the coolest kid, in the 2000s he was the coolest kid, NOW he actually is a Lil to try hard, with the spikes and all the patches, it's pretty obvious, but he is "supposed" to be the coolest kid in any generation,he changes with the times, while superman doesn't.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Let me rephrase that. In the 90s he was the coolest kid, in the 2000s he was the coolest kid, NOW he actually is a Lil to try hard, with the spikes and all the patches, it's pretty obvious, but he is "supposed" to be the coolest kid in any generation,he changes with the times, while superman doesn't.
    Actually, superman changes hard. Just because his costume largely didn't. Doesn't mean superman is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Actually, superman changes hard. Just because his costume largely didn't. Doesn't mean superman is the same.

He doesn't change, he still is a good man who cares about others, and tries his best to do what's right.