Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
Are there other artists, contemporary or all time you feel a kinship with? Do you say to yourself, "That's the kind of stuff I would do!" "Their stuff on this book reminds me of me!"
Not really -- probably because I see my stuff from the inside and their stuff from the outside.

Thee are writers who I'm strongly influenced by, from Steve Englehart to Archie Goodwin to Lawrence Block to Jo Duffy and more, but while I can see their influence in my work, I don't read their work and think it's what I do. And there are writers I consider part of the same creative crowd, like Mark Waid and Karl Kesel and Fabian Nicieza, but again, I don't look at their work and think, "That's me!"

I'm more likely to read their work (or others' work) and think, "Hey, I could do something like that technique someday" or "I wish I could do scenes like that one."

I forgot that you did the book Arrowsmith and the Autmnlands! I was getting Autumnlands at the LCS but missed issues on the run. The main character was great.
Thanks. Working on more ARROWSMITH now, and hope to be working on more AUTUMNLANDS soon.

There was a book you did way back where a character got his powers by being popular, getting fans made him more powerful,,, that was another book where I got the first couple of issues and then missed a few.
That was SUPERSTAR, and there was only one issue.

But I'd like to do more with him someday.

kdb