Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Even if they win they lose, as Nid invasions irreversibly screw up a planet's ecosystem. Know what the Imperium calls planets with failed Nid invasions? Catachan.
    but really, who would want to invade catachan?

  2. #32
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Slightly related topic: How would Space Marines fare on the MHA world?

  3. #33
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Slightly related topic: How would Space Marines fare on the MHA world?
    depends on the size, the chapter, and what are we spotting them in terms of gear.

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member T51R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    depends on the size, the chapter, and what are we spotting them in terms of gear.
    MHAverse VS a battle barge full of Angry Marines.

  5. #35
    Fantastic Member Gotham citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Oof, yeah sounds like they're in for a bad time regardless of how this goes.
    We can say the Tyranids merge the more nasty characteristics of the Xenomorphs and the Borgs…



    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Slightly related topic: How would Space Marines fare on the MHA world?
    Even if the situation is without remedy, they can always order the Exterminatus; so I think they would do well.

  6. #36
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    but really, who would want to invade catachan?
    I would. Catachan women are hot. And muscular. And aggressive. Sounds like a great time.

  7. #37
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    I would. Catachan women are hot. And muscular. And aggressive. Sounds like a great time.
    true but considering that about 99% of everything on catachan can kill you, is hot muscular catachan booty worth it? :P

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    but really, who would want to invade catachan?
    I meant that Catachan is widely thought to be a planet where a Nid invasion failed for one reason or another and is thus responsible for it being a Death World via Nid terraforming, some animals like the Catchan Devil are thought to be Nid bio weapons that went feral for instance

    though humorously Chaos did try invading it during the Indomitus Crusade, by the time the Crusade reinforcements reached Catachan there wasn't a single deamon to be found on the surface and the Crusade actually departed with more forces than it came with as the Catachans ended up reinforcing it instead. Catachan doesn't have a PDF to defend the planet. Because they don't need one.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-17-2020 at 09:12 PM.

  9. #39
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Just realized that Catachan and Krieg are two sides of the same coin.

    Catachans are stupidly good at surviving harsh environments, meanwhile, Kriegers are so determined to die that their commissars' main goal is to actually find ways to keep them alive.

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Or the space dust formerly known as a planet after an Exterminatus.
    honestly the fact that the Imperium's most effective tactic is to either glass entire habitable planets in an effort to starve them out or to trick them into attacking other species should tell you everything you need to know about the Tyranids.

  11. #41
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I meant that Catachan is widely thought to be a planet where a Nid invasion failed for one reason or another and is thus responsible for it being a Death World via Nid terraforming, some animals like the Catchan Devil are thought to be Nid bio weapons that went feral for instance

    though humorously Chaos did try invading it during the Indomitus Crusade, by the time the Crusade reinforcements reached Catachan there wasn't a single deamon to be found on the surface and the Crusade actually departed with more forces than it came with as the Catachans ended up reinforcing it instead. Catachan doesn't have a PDF to defend the planet. Because they don't need one.


    also, sly marbo.

    it's my head cannon anytime anyone tried to invade, they wake up marbo and he screams at them until they leave and/or explode.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •