Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Some more classic Kent Nelson Dr Fate...

I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Swamp Thing #50 was great and was amusing to see the Spectre and Dr Fate get their asses handed to them... that's what omnipotence and confidence does to you : )
    On the other hand, it is kind of badass how he utterly smoked one of the Demons Three, classic magical foes who have taken on the entire Justice League in the past!

Glorious. Love the rich use of colors. The magic looks *magical,* and not just the kind of boring 'telekinesis as magic' we see on TV shows.

Kind of clever how his cape folds itself into an ankh-like shape in the second panel down.

Here's some help for your Eric and Linda Strauss Dr Fate (s)

Essential Reading

Doctor Fate v1 #1 (Jul 1987) - Eric/Nabu as Dr. Fate - The Kali Yuga begins
    Doctor Fate v1 #2-3 (Aug - Sep 1987)
    Doctor Fate v1 #4 (Oct 1987) - A new Dr Fate is born with Eric & Linda
    Doctor Fate v2 #1-24 (winter 1988/1989 - Jan 1991) - Ongoing series of the New Dr Fate

Additional Reading

Fate #20-22 (Jun - Aug 1996) - Eugene, Nabu, Kent & Raina as Dr. Fate
    Invasion #1 (holiday 1988)
    Justice League America #31-32 (Oct - Nov 1989) - Linda as Dr. Fate
    Justice League America #40 (Jul 1990)
    Justice League Europe #7-8 (Oct - Nov 1989) - Linda as Dr. Fate
    Justice League International v1 #10 (Feb 1988) - Eric and Linda as Dr. Fate
    Millennium #3 (Jan 1988)
    Millennium #5-7 (Feb 1988)
    Spectre v2 #11 (Feb 1988)
    Spectre v2 #23 (winter 1989)
    Thanks, man. I really appreciate your help on this.

I was wondering where you were.

I have to second Sutekh here. The art is beautiful here and the magic is rendered perfectly as well.

Which comic is this from?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Thanks, man. I really appreciate your help on this.

I was wondering where you were.

I have to second Sutekh here. The art is beautiful here and the magic is rendered perfectly as well.

Which comic is this from?
    It was from the Dr Fate backup in The Flash. Recollected in The Immortal Doctor Fate but unfortunately I don't know which issue of either. I don't have access to my collection at the moment. From the following panel, issue 3 of The Immortal Doctor Fate I believe because it was the first time that Fate was Kent, Nabu and Inza.

Good stuff

I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    On the other hand, it is kind of badass how he utterly smoked one of the Demons Three, classic magical foes who have taken on the entire Justice League in the past.

Yeah! Back then Dr Fate was like a soldier of order, he didn't question or have angst for what needed to be done, he done what needed to be done without question. Like you said badass

Inza was an important part of the fate mythos... It's a shame that the powers that be at DC have flushed this with the new 52

Btw, I just realized that the artist for the scans posted in the first post of this page is by Walt Simonson.

My fantasy casting for Dr. Fate/Kent Nelson is Julian Sands. He played Jor-El on Smallville and the minute I heard his voice, I thought 'Man, this guy would make for a perfect Dr. Fate'.

Give it a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhuv3ZKX5CY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsreDnpg3y8

I would be fine with him doing voice over work for Dr. Fate since he does more tv stuff than movies these days and well, my wish to see David McCallum play Alfred came true so I cross my fingers and hope this comes true as well. Though even if it doesn't happen the next time Fate appears on screen, I am not so into it that I would be disappointed because I didn't get what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Btw, I just realized that the artist for the scans posted in the first post of this page is by Walt Simonson.

My fantasy casting for Dr. Fate/Kent Nelson is Julian Sands. He played Jor-El on Smallville and the minute I heard his voice, I thought 'Man, this guy would make for a perfect Dr. Fate'.
    For an older Kent Nelson, he could definitely work. He also played a cool Jor-El on Smallville too... a little different than Russell Crowe

For an older Kent Nelson, he could definitely work. He also played a cool Jor-El on Smallville too... a little different than Russell Crowe
    I always imagined Kent as being around 45-55 so I don't mind him being played by an older actor.

Julian Sands role as Jor-El in Smallville is what convinced me that he was perfect for Dr. Fate. Dat voice.

BANNED

BANNED

After seeing all these pics, I have to admit that while Hector Hall is my Dr. Fate, Kent Nelson is definitely the most bad ass version.