Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's cool that New Mutants has a rotating cast (or the opportunity for that) but there's just so many characters, maybe they could reboot the New X-men title and feature characters introduced from Morrison to present more often. I wanna see Hellion and Wind Dancer , idk if they count as forgotten (at least not by the fanbase) , I wanna see Icarus outside a cameo .. Rubbermaid, DJ, Scanner, Indra, Gentle, Graymalkin, Cypher, No-Girl, Nature Girl, Sprite, Iara...list goes on forever

I know Hepzibah's with the Starjammers but I wanna see more of her always, and Vertigo may not count as a mutant but she should and I'll fight the x-office if necessary. Throw them in with Tempo, Dragoness, Strobe, Frenzy, Stinger , Rhapsody , Feral, Thornn, The Hell's Belles ... perfect girl gang book 10/10 would buy . Call it Fallen Angels maybe ?
    My dream X-Corp was like a smorgasbord of more obscure/forgotten characters w/ heroic roots like Firestar, Skids, Rusty, Ariel, Frenzy when she's not with the girl gang, Lila Cheney, Strong Guy, Siryn, ... probably more to list of but basically how adjectiveless had the 50 character lineup except B-Listers and below

After their cameo in New Mutants I've been craving more trailer-trash MLF content. A totally irreverent and ridiculous mini would be everything. even a one-shot

oh and where the hell are x-statix?? I should quit while I'm ahead

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I had one, but I can't remember it.
    okay .. you get a slow clap for that one because I might have chuckled

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    EXiles:
    I dig the hell out of this concept and I love how you mixed "deep cut" characters with people lots of fans want to see like . NYX kids need some love and so does Avalanche..we deserve a world where we get both <3

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

The Dark Riders are like the mutant Thunderbolts, but instead of villains posing as heroes we have mutants posing as 'mutates', cyborgs, magic-users, and humans to secretly help rescue fellow mutants and provide intel to Krakoa. However, living amongst humans while Krakoa thrives begins to complicate their views, potentially compromising their mission.
    this is the coolest idea, great opportunity to show interactions between x-characters and the larger MU in a more positive light than usual . naming them after a group of inhumans is a fun lil wink

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Have Lila as Dr. Who and the others as her companions, bouncing across the universe having rock & roll adventures.
    all I've ever wanted. The fringes of the x-mythos deserve this kind of moment. Kind of like Greg Pak's X-Treme
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-13-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Madrox and Layla Miller's team of spies and informers:

Shortpack
    Forget-Me-Not
    Peepers
    Teleplex
    Tag

-Pav, who forgot what we were talking about...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

EXiles: A group of young mutants that don't want to live on Krakoa for different reasons. Some don't like the Council, some have too tight bonds with their families to leave. The issue is that with their mutant heroes away from the country, they are left extremely vulnerable to dangerous foes of mutantkind. After the death of one of them, the Quiet Council decides to send one of their own to build a team of mutants that don't want to live on Krakoa but are willing to protect their own anyway. Some of them accept reluctantly, mostly to gain protection for their families, while others decide to
    (...)
    Interesting premise. Sounds a bit like what Fallen Angels was claimed to be (about mutants uneasy or unwilling to stay on Krakoa) but actualy making it a core concept to be explored. More diverse viewpoints by mutants on the whole Krakoa situation are a good thing in my opinion.
    Also sounds a bit like the team would be destined to have constant run ins with X-factor.

I wouldn't be suprised if they allready had an "Exiles" series planned down the line, the name seems too tempting not use eventualy.

For Marrow's motivation one could also see her past on The Hill as reason to distrust Krakoa.
    Consider the following.
    The Hill was primarily reached via a glowing gate like portal only the person in charge could controll. - Sounds familiar.

Mikhail thought of himself as the Morlocks' "Savior" and wanted to make them stronger. - Xavier has on occasion been accused of having a savior complex (Moira even thinks he has a god complex in Powers of X) and he somewhat acts like that on Krakoa.

Mikhail's rule on The Hill was based on the idea that the mutants there had to show their "worth" by proving to be strong enough to reach the top while fighting each other. - A mentality like that of Apocalypse. The same Apocalypse who Xavier welcomed to Krakoa and made part of the ruling coucil.

Those not "strong enough" to reach the top were encouraged to produce stronger children who could. - One of the laws of Krakoa is "Make more mutants" and some allready dream of upgrading themself via the revival system.

Said children were also raised in a quasi-tribal society revolving around hating normal humans as their enemy and thinking of themself as their replacement. - Exodus' lessons to the children of Krakoa could be seen as softer version of that teaching.

The air on The Hill had the super natural effect of healing even deep wounds extremely quickly making unnatural deaths less likely to happen and causing the mutants to have a higher disregard for their own safety. - Krakoa has a system which they say make you virtualy immortal meaning you don't have to worry about dying.

On the Hill grew strange techno-organic plants which the mutants could turn into all kinds of advanced devices. - Some of that even has some visual similarity to the tech of Krakoa (see the bombs which involved red spheres between organic looking growths).

Now mind you, i don't want to accuse Krakoa of being like The Hill. Or Xavier in Dawn of X being like Mikhail Rasputin back then. But for someone like Marrow the two places might appear too eeriely similar. Like Krakoa being just The Hill with a nicer paint job.
    Not enough to try and ruin everyone's joy over it (hence hanging out with Maggot or sitting at the Tiki Bar) but perhaps enough that she isn't planning on staying there forever.

Of course there is still the possibility that during Dawn of X, Marrow might end up being portrayed as full hearted supporter of Krakoa like so many others. Which would be in line with her general presentation as being a pro mutant radical.
    However in the past it has also been shown that she is internaly actualy quite divided on that mentality (her desire to just be part of the normal world and her hatred for her violent upbringing) and it wouldn't be too impossible for her to be actualy critical of it.

Not my idea, but artist Declan Shalvey once pitched a Banshee led X-team project to Marvel.

Besides Banshee, the team would have consisted of Siryn, Chamber, Marrow, Artie and Leech, as well as some new characters, w. the HQ being Banshee’s ancestral home, Cassidy Keep.

https://www.newsarama.com/44398-decl...-happened.html

There was -some- interest, but it never got off the ground which is unfortunate, as it seemed interesting.

Last edited by Riv86672; 05-13-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Incredible Member

I would have added Puck to Banshee’s team, and bought 10 copies each month.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Glob Herman is forgotten? I can barely find an X-Book without him showing up.
    I dream of a world in which Glob is forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I dream of a world in which Glob is forgotten.
    He’s got a great face for background group shots.

If I had to write a team of forgotten X-Men, it would be a one-shot suicide mission so more time and resources could better utilized on characters that actually matter.

Can I say I love your graphics for the team making stuff? I saw the other one you posted in pitch your book thread, and I forgot to comment there.
    Thanks so much! I had fun making these!

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    this is the coolest idea, great opportunity to show interactions between x-characters and the larger MU in a more positive light than usual . naming them after a group of inhumans is a fun lil wink
    Thanks! Yeah, I think it'd be cool to actually see what happens when the public starts to adore a group of nobodies and how that could really change not only by the betrayal of identity, but the irrational distinction between mutant/'gamma irradiated brute'.

oh and where the hell are x-statix??
    Agree about X-Statix, along with their predecessors:

Now that bringing back the dead has become easily attainable, I'd love to see the return of these celebrity-mutant superheroes.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-14-2020 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Interesting premise. Sounds a bit like what Fallen Angels was claimed to be (about mutants uneasy or unwilling to stay on Krakoa) but actualy making it a core concept to be explored. More diverse viewpoints by mutants on the whole Krakoa situation are a good thing in my opinion.
    Also sounds a bit like the team would be destined to have constant run ins with X-factor.

I wouldn't be suprised if they allready had an "Exiles" series planned down the line, the name seems too tempting not use eventualy.

For Marrow's motivation one could also see her past on The Hill as reason to distrust Krakoa.
    Consider the following.
    The Hill was primarily reached via a glowing gate like portal only the person in charge could controll. - Sounds familiar.

Mikhail thought of himself as the Morlocks' "Savior" and wanted to make them stronger. - Xavier has on occasion been accused of having a savior complex (Moira even thinks he has a god complex in Powers of X) and he somewhat acts like that on Krakoa.

Mikhail's rule on The Hill was based on the idea that the mutants there had to show their "worth" by proving to be strong enough to reach the top while fighting each other. - A mentality like that of Apocalypse. The same Apocalypse who Xavier welcomed to Krakoa and made part of the ruling coucil.

Those not "strong enough" to reach the top were encouraged to produce stronger children who could. - One of the laws of Krakoa is "Make more mutants" and some allready dream of upgrading themself via the revival system.

Said children were also raised in a quasi-tribal society revolving around hating normal humans as their enemy and thinking of themself as their replacement. - Exodus' lessons to the children of Krakoa could be seen as softer version of that teaching.

The air on The Hill had the super natural effect of healing even deep wounds extremely quickly making unnatural deaths less likely to happen and causing the mutants to have a higher disregard for their own safety. - Krakoa has a system which they say make you virtualy immortal meaning you don't have to worry about dying.

On the Hill grew strange techno-organic plants which the mutants could turn into all kinds of advanced devices. - Some of that even has some visual similarity to the tech of Krakoa (see the bombs which involved red spheres between organic looking growths).

Now mind you, i don't want to accuse Krakoa of being like The Hill. Or Xavier in Dawn of X being like Mikhail Rasputin back then. But for someone like Marrow the two places might appear too eeriely similar. Like Krakoa being just The Hill with a nicer paint job.
    Not enough to try and ruin everyone's joy over it (hence hanging out with Maggot or sitting at the Tiki Bar) but perhaps enough that she isn't planning on staying there forever.

Of course there is still the possibility that during Dawn of X, Marrow might end up being portrayed as full hearted supporter of Krakoa like so many others. Which would be in line with her general presentation as being a pro mutant radical.
    However in the past it has also been shown that she is internaly actualy quite divided on that mentality (her desire to just be part of the normal world and her hatred for her violent upbringing) and it wouldn't be too impossible for her to be actualy critical of it.
    Ooooh this sounds cool. It could be a great storyline for Marrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Not my idea, but artist Declan Shalvey once pitched a Banshee led X-team project to Marvel.

Besides Banshee, the team would have consisted of Siryn, Chamber, Marrow, Artie and Leech, as well as some new characters, w. the HQ being Banshee’s ancestral home, Cassidy Keep.

https://www.newsarama.com/44398-decl...-happened.html

There was -some- interest, but it never got off the ground which is unfortunate, as it seemed interesting.

This is very very interesting. I would have brought this fast.

I dig the hell out of this concept and I love how you mixed "deep cut" characters with people lots of fans want to see like . NYX kids need some love and so does Avalanche..we deserve a world where we get both <3

Incredible Member

I do like Sean's weathered look.