Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Man the amnesia plot point hasn't aged well. By the way, does Norman still is unaware that Peter is Spider-Man or the spell is still working on him.
    Now that I think about it, neither does Connors' Lizard plot or Rhino going straight. It's sad.

All-New Member

The Gwen Stacy is the worse offender.

It would have made more sense for her and Harry to get together since that time he was all kinds of screwed up and she would have felt sorry for him and of course she cared about him. Norman came out of left field.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Now that I think about it, neither does Connors' Lizard plot or Rhino going straight. It's sad.
    Indeed, because as good a person as Connors is most of the time, "realistically" speaking, he should've been locked up if he was gonna keep turning into the Lizard, at least to keep himself from being a danger to others.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, because as good a person as Connors is most of the time, "realistically" speaking, he should've been locked up if he was gonna keep turning into the Lizard, at least to keep himself from being a danger to others.
    It should have stopped after his first story under Romita and keep the Connors as supporting characthers, everything after that wasn't very good, Lizard might have a cool design, but as a villain, he is kind of dull, althought the image of him building his army of gators in Dikto's run is pretty funny.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Ehh, he’d just get forced back into the role like with Rhino. Status quo trumps all.

A valid (and logical) point given Conner's character.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ehh, he’d just get forced back into the role like with Rhino. Status quo trumps all.
    Indeed, oh, well.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It should have stopped after his first story under Romita and keep the Connors as supporting characthers, everything after that wasn't very good, Lizard might have a cool design, but as a villain, he is kind of dull, althought the image of him building his army of gators in Dikto's run is pretty funny.
    The army of gators is exactly what I want in a Lizard story. The character works best crazy and megolomaniacal.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The army of gators is exactly what I want in a Lizard story. The character works best crazy and megolomaniacal.
    Not when they use it as a crutch.

I found that my favorite Connors stories don't necessarily require him to turn into the Lizard all the time. I liked him better when he was Spider-Man's Tech advisor.

The same goes for GG and a lot of other Spider-Man villains. Sins Past only "works" because GG is Peter's archenemy. If he wasn't, no one would even think of doing a storyline where Gwen secretly had children by someone other than Peter.

OMD is the worst.

I started reading Spider-Man with JMS run (616) and Bendis Ultimate Spider-Man, however, I knew Spidey lore from some comics that were printed in Poland through the 90's (and from the 90's cartoon). As I was catching up, I've read both OMD and Sins Past and.... well. Both stories are bad, but in Sins Past, Peter just feels like Peter. Is the plot with Gwen stupid? Yes. Is Norman's O-face scary and hilarious at the same time? Yes it is. But at least Peter is acting like Peter in the story (I can't say the same about MJ, keeping such a big secret from him is out of character IMO). Everytime I recall Sins Past, I remember Spider-Man at Gwen's grave, with that metal pipe. For me it was a really powerfull moment.

As for OMD... hate almost everything about it. No one is acting like a sane person, and Spider-Man literally makes deal with the devil.

All-New Member

Osborn and Gwen actually made me quit the book.