Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swarm vs Wolverine

Swarm vs Wolverine

I would put my money on Swarm. Wolverine can easily kill individual bees comprising Swarm, but doesn't have any effective way to do an area attack in Khazan Arena. Swarm may be able to suffocate Wolverine by blasting him in the face with a swarm of bees, clogging Wolverine's windpipe with bees. The windpipe will also likely constrict somewhat due to all the stinging. Alternatively, Swarm might be able to just get a 10-count by covering Wolverine from head-to-toe with bees, with all that stinging causing enough pain to overwhelm Wolverine for 10-seconds. Yeah, Wolverine regenerates like crazy, but he still feels the pain, and several hundred near-simultaneous bee stings might deliver overwhelming pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I would put my money on Swarm. Wolverine can easily kill individual bees comprising Swarm, but doesn't have any effective way to do an area attack in Khazan Arena. Swarm may be able to suffocate Wolverine by blasting him in the face with a swarm of bees, clogging Wolverine's windpipe with bees. The windpipe will also likely constrict somewhat due to all the stinging. Alternatively, Swarm might be able to just get a 10-count by covering Wolverine from head-to-toe with bees, with all that stinging causing enough pain to overwhelm Wolverine for 10-seconds. Yeah, Wolverine regenerates like crazy, but he still feels the pain, and several hundred near-simultaneous bee stings might deliver overwhelming pain.

Would Wolverine end up...

COVERED WITH SCORPIONS???

I mean unless they're those Giant Japanese Hornets, naw.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean unless they're those Giant Japanese Hornets, naw.
    I feel like Wolverine, being stung on every space of his body by bees at functionally the same time, could get a ten count.

But really it's going to be the suffocation that would get him. And also the bees in the windpipe thing.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-13-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I feel like Wolverine, being stung on every space of his body by bees at functionally the same time, could get a ten count.

But really it's going to be the suffocation that would get him. And also the bees in the windpipe thing.
    Oh yea, I was mainly disagreeing with the stinging. I feel like he'd be fine since they're only stinging him the once collectively. He's certainly liable to choking to death on bees.

Though the image of Wolverine flailing his arms and screaming while covered in bees is... great.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

There was a time when we might be able to rationalize that Wolverine might have a lighter and some cigarettes or cigars as standard equipment, which might be handy for repelling a bee swarm aimed at his mouth. But thanks to Joe Quesada, it's been a long time since Wolverine has been shown smoking. Even Disney has an anti-smoking policy for the MCU, so when they eventually do an X-Men reboot, movie Wolverine won't be smoking either.

There was a time when we might be able to rationalize that Wolverine might have a lighter and some cigarettes or cigars as standard equipment, which might be handy for repelling a bee swarm aimed at his mouth. But thanks to Joe Quesada, it's been a long time since Wolverine has been shown smoking. Even Disney has an anti-smoking policy for the MCU, so when they eventually do an X-Men reboot, movie Wolverine won't be smoking either.
    Smokings **** anyway so its no real loss.

Swarm needs to be used more though, he's a NAZI MADE OF BEES ffs! Thats comic book gold

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Smokings **** anyway so its no real loss.

Swarm needs to be used more though, he's a NAZI MADE OF BEES ffs! Thats comic book gold
    So true. He should team up with Tyrannosaurus Reich.

I wonder if YellowJacket or Wasp could control the swarm en mass or the Queen that resides in Swarm, thus controlling Swarm/the swarm??

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

ISTR seeing that Logan still carries around at least one cigar and lighter, he just never uses it. I think that he might have been chomping on his unlit stogie at the time, or something.

That said, he could easily avoid choking on bees by just keeping his mouth shut and a hand over his nose. Its not like the bees are going to be ripping through his teeth or flesh to get into his his mouth. Of course, that does mean that at least one of his ears and possibly his eyes are probably still open for stinging (even with his eyelids shut, that's still going to mean that he's fighting blind, and with his ears/nose at least somewhat blocked or stung), unless whatever costume he's currently wearing is sufficiently protective on that front.

Also, has Wolverine ever fought while being on fire or constantly electrocuted? I think that that might be comparable to having his entire body being constantly stung by bees, especially since Logan can easily heal from that damage pretty much as fast as it is happening, though it is going to take forever and a day for him to kill enough bees that Swarm wouldn't be able to just keep attacking.

Actually, what percent of an attacking Swarm would be at risk anytime Logan tried to stop, drop, and roll at Comic Book Peak Human speeds?

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Its not like the bees are going to be ripping through his teeth or flesh to get into his his mouth. Of course, that does mean that at least one of his ears and possibly his eyes are probably still open for stinging (even with his eyelids shut, that's still going to mean that he's fighting blind, and with his ears/nose at least somewhat blocked or stung), unless whatever costume he's currently wearing is sufficiently protective on that front.
    Yeah, I feel like this is an important point. Don't most of Logan's costumes cover his ears? I'm not familiar with the Swarm, are they super-strong bees (that could tear through cloth)? I mean, if he doesn't have to protect his ears, then he just has to keep his eyes shut and keep one hand over his mouth and nose.

Then it just becomes an endurance challenge, whether he can stand the pain from all of those bee stings long enough for his body to regenerate from the damage or whether it would wear him down. Next question, are these bees the kind that die once they've stung someone?
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Also, how long can the bees last without food and water? Because Wolverine can last a pretty long time on that front, and I don't know how well bees can eat/drink his flesh and blood.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Creative Fight. Leaning towards Swarm but I'm not too sure

There isn't much Wolverine can do to harm Swarm. Swarm can go for the eyes and internal organs. Swarm is either going to take Wolverine out or would Wolverine be able to heal from the attacks and Swarm eventually gets drained?

The problem of Wolverine having to fight with one usable arm while covering his face and closing his eyes is that he's essentially helping Swarm suffocate him that way. Bees in the nose and windpipe would certainly make it easier, but he can basically just cover Wolverine in a big ol mass of bees. Being that he is, a big ol mass of bees.

That he's being stung from head to toe is not going to help matters.