Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Hercules is in the same boat. 90s kids like me remember in fondly but it was one the least successful films of the Renaissance era. That and hunchback I think which will never happen for obvious reasons . Though hunchback is one my favorite Disney films anyway.
    Never watched that, what are the obvious reasons? I think Hunchback and Atlantis are the only two I never watched. If I had to pick one they wouldn't do...maybe Pocohantas? I think it might be considered insensitive today.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Never watched that, what are the obvious reasons? I think Hunchback and Atlantis are the only two I never watched. If I had to pick one they wouldn't do...maybe Pocohantas? I think it might be considered insensitive today.
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame includes themes and topics related to racism, mental/verbal/emotional abuse, murder, genocide, torture, infanticide, sin, damnation, lust, and so much more. Listen and pay attention to the lyrics to "The Bells of Notre Dame" and "Hellfire" and you will get a good idea about why people don't think Disney would make a live-action version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, hell I think most are surprised they even made the animated version with everything they actually did keep in from the book. Although it was announced in January 2019 that a live-action version is in the works, don't know if it is still in the works or if it has been shelved.

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame includes themes and topics related to racism, mental/verbal/emotional abuse, murder, genocide, torture, infanticide, sin, damnation, lust, and so much more. Listen and pay attention to the lyrics to "The Bells of Notre Dame" and "Hellfire" and you will get a good idea about why people don't think Disney would make a live-action version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, hell I think most are surprised they even made the animated version with everything they actually did keep in from the book. Although it was announced in January 2019 that a live-action version is in the works, don't know if it is still in the works or if it has been shelved.
    You could include all those topics still - I mean let's be honest, some of those topics are as timely now as ever...

Spectacular Member

You could include all those topics still - I mean let's be honest, some of those topics are as timely now as ever...
    Yes, I know that those themes and topics can still be done in a movie, I was listing why certain people believe that Disney won't make a live-action movie of The Hunchback of Notre Dame since it has all of those themes, and that is not counting the things they didn't put in from the book. Like I said as of last year a live-action version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame is in the works and according to the article, it will be a mix of the animated movie and the original book. Here's the link. If you have Disney+ nows your chance to watch the animated movie or do the free trial and watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Atlantis: The Lost Empire, it can give you a pretty good idea of why many people actually want those movies to be made into live-action.

The opening Scene of the movies has a women's skull smashed on the steps of a church. There is a song where a dude is basically saying if you don't fuc* me , I am gonna burn you alive. And by the way its your fault I feel this way because your a witch but all of the dark **** aside Quasi makes for a cute Disney hero, you do that in live action and there will be nothing cute about it. I saw a love action version in school as a kid and **** was haunting.. It would be hard to Disneyfy Quasi in live action. Cartoon tells you he's ugly but he's actually kinda cute and he brings all the light and fun to the movie. Him and esmeredla, who by the way does a stripper routine on a spear like its a stripper pole..

Only thing wrong with Pocahontas is the name. The story actually only paints one white dude in a bad light. But the real life story of Pochahontas and John Smith is disgusting. So if the movie wasn't Pkchohontas and Smith. And instead a fictional Native American and White dude I don't see any issues. Everything else about the movie seems well done to me.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-16-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Only thing wrong with Pocahontas is the name. The story actually only paints one white dude in a bad light. But the real life story of Pochahontas and John Smith is disgusting. So if the movie wasn't Pkchohontas and Smith. And instead a fictional Native American and White dude I don't see any issues. Everything else about the movie seems well done to me.
    Well... I think there is more than just the names that is a problem; BUT it's not a lost cause. I think a second go at fixing their mistakes could be cool, esp. if they embrace a more sombre ending. With a more powerful (though less fairy tale) ending for her and her tribe.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Kind of what I meant - movie really glosses over the whole historical injustice of what went on against the Native Americans. Make that movie today and people would be upset. At least from my very vague memory I don't think it painted Native Americans in a racist light, which is an improvement over films earlier in time, it still sugarcoated the era and didn't address the injustices. And today's audience kind if demands that.

The opening Scene of the movies has a women's skull smashed on the steps of a church. There is a song where a dude is basically saying if you don't fuc* me , I am gonna burn you alive. And by the way its your fault I feel this way because your a witch but all of the dark **** aside Quasi makes for a cute Disney hero, you do that in live action and there will be nothing cute about it. I saw a love action version in school as a kid and **** was haunting.. It would be hard to Disneyfy Quasi in live action. Cartoon tells you he's ugly but he's actually kinda cute and he brings all the light and fun to the movie. Him and esmeredla, who by the way does a stripper routine on a spear like its a stripper pole.."
    Amazing it got rated "G," esp. since the '90s were a time when the "PG" rating actually meant something.

Well, if you strip out the characters, that kinda defeats the purpose of remaking the movie in the first place (and that era of history is going to be a sensitive subject no matter how you slice it). I think the original movie has beautiful animation and some really good voice work. Mel Gibson was the weak link for sure, but I don't think the late David Ogden Stires gets enough credit for how versatile he was (I mean, compare his work in M*A*S*H*, Beauty and the Beast, the English version of Spirited Away, and Lilo & Stitch). Still, the movie has not aged well at all and Disney would be best to leave it alone.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Kind of what I meant - movie really glosses over the whole historical injustice of what went on against the Native Americans. Make that movie today and people would be upset. At least from my very vague memory I don't think it painted Native Americans in a racist light, which is an improvement over films earlier in time, it still sugarcoated the era and didn't address the injustices. And today's audience kind if demands that.
    The movie defiantly goes out of its way to make the Europeans not look bad by blaming it all on one corrupt politician. A remake could show the bigotry and hate to be more wide spread then just one greedy politician. But you kinda have to have some europeans be good people for the story to work. But yea using John Smith and Pochahontas kinda doesn't work since the real story is disgustint and sad. I think every other problem the movie has is an easy fix but the real lift story of Pochahontas just doesn't have a happy ending in slightest. But so much about that movie was done so well, its a shame.

Also I know some people didn't like it but I'm also happy they are doing Aladdin 2. I enjoyed the cast alot, they made a few changes and I liked all of them except Jafar was lame. So I'm interested to see them get to do an original story for the sequel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    And if they toss in Guillermo del Toro to direct they can take my money now.
    mine too^^

Regarding the live action Hunchback I would be surprised if they do it and than only with a lot of changes. Frollo would need to be changed for sure. Even as the bad guy him lusting after someone would be problematic and would get a lot of opposition to put it mildley.

To say nothing about Esmeralda...

Perhaps there is a reason the last movie about the Hunchback of Notre Dame was made some time ago.

The movie defiantly goes out of its way to make the Europeans not look bad by blaming it all on one corrupt politician. A remake could show the bigotry and hate to be more wide spread then just one greedy politician. But you kinda have to have some europeans be good people for the story to work. But yea using John Smith and Pochahontas kinda doesn't work since the real story is disgustint and sad. I think every other problem the movie has is an easy fix but the real lift story of Pochahontas just doesn't have a happy ending in slightest. But so much about that movie was done so well, its a shame.
    I mean... it doesn't sound very Disney at this point. The only way to do it justice is basically say "f*ck you Europe" and "f*ck you pilgrims" and "f*ck you America" you all did the Native American people wrong. And... that's not really a movie Disney would make; nor is it a movie many will enjoy watching, if they went in expecting a fun remake.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Also I know some people didn't like it but I'm also happy they are doing Aladdin 2. I enjoyed the cast alot, they made a few changes and I liked all of them except Jafar was lame. So I'm interested to see them get to do an original story for the sequel.
    I liked it, too, so I want a sequel, as well.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Disney looking at ryan reynolds to play a role in atlantis.

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2020/09...tion-atlantis/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Disney looking at ryan reynolds to play a role in atlantis.

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2020/09...tion-atlantis/
    Michael J. Fox to Ryan Reynolds? I could see it .

Could see Reynolds doing well as one of the supporting characters, like Vinnie.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)