Default Alan Scott vs Monica Rambeau

Alan Scott vs Monica Rambeau

Haven't kept up with the latest from Monica. Is she still FTL in reaction speed? If so....
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Haven't kept up with the latest from Monica. Is she still FTL in reaction speed? If so....
    She ain't FTL. She's exactly light speed, turning into, you know, light.

That said, that makes her incredibly dangerous. Most super speed bricks don't have the ability to hurt her in light form, and most energy manipulators don't have the speed to handle her blitz.

Last I saw Alan though he was throwing down with Darkseid and channeling the power of multiple planets into his blows. So he could potentially be in the too durable to hurt bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

That said, that makes her incredibly dangerous. Most super speed bricks don't have the ability to hurt her in light form, and most energy manipulators don't have the speed to handle her blitz.

Last I saw Alan though he was throwing down with Darkseid and channeling the power of multiple planets into his blows. So he could potentially be in the too durable to hurt bracket.
    Would going into Alan's mind work? During Civil War II, Monica blamed herself for an earlier failure for not thinking about/being ruthless enough into using her light form to enter Thanos' mind through his eyes, and frying his brain from the inside, which she believes would have saved Rhodey.

Some time and many issues later, she decides to do just that, but it turns out that Thanos' mind was so existentially toxic that it she couldn't handle it (and he ended up shooting her energy form back at Blue Marvel).

But then again, that's Thanos and not Alan.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Would going into Alan's mind work? During Civil War II, Monica blamed herself for an earlier failure for not thinking about/being ruthless enough into using her light form to enter Thanos' mind through his eyes, and frying his brain from the inside, which she believes would have saved Rhodey.

Some time and many issues later, she decides to do just that, but it turns out that Thanos' mind was so existentially toxic that it she couldn't handle it (and he ended up shooting her energy form back at Blue Marvel).

But then again, that's Thanos and not Alan.
    No idea. I will say, there are versions of Alan that are essentially energy beings themselves, and damn powerful ones at that, and I don't think it would be smart to jump inside those.

Monica should be able to take down versions that operate more as a normal Green Lantern though, probably with or without that particular trick.

Edit:. I should add I know a lot less about Scott than I do about the Corp Lanterns. I do know he's had various power ups and power downs over the years and his peaks are pretty beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Okay then. I was misremembering a feat from old Avengers book. I thought I remembered her completing the whole thing in a nano second. That's not what happened.

https://imgur.com/a/MgRPc8L

Was that more to do with actual durability or shields? I haven't read anything Alan Scott related in....a while.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Spectacular Member

Well after current/rebirth Alan Scott is featless I think? Doctor Manhattan basically wiped him out from the timeline then restored him but we don't know what sort of effect that that's had on his history and powerset so by board rules this defaults to Monica since we lack knowledge of the most current version of the character. Beyond that it's a matter of picking from the half dozen or so distinct iterations of Alan Scott. some are toast, some stomp...