Mighty Member

Default CURRENT!!! Status of Martha Kent and Jonathan Kent

Hello,

I DONT!!! understand the CURRENT Status of Martha and Jonathan Kent.

1. are they both dead?
    2. are they both alive?
    3. did Jonathan (Clarks father) JUST!! died?

I really DONT UNDERSTAND...

At the beginning they were dead, but then in the last month a picture was shown in which JON,CONNER,CLARK and Brainiac 5 meet Martha and Jonathan Kent at the farm.
    Now I saw a preview of Action Comics 1022 and YJ and if I didnt understand it wrong then it says that Jonathan Kent JUST died?

I assume it said Clark's father died, without naming him? Because if so, that's Jor-El, his birth father. Jonathan and Martha are alive now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume it said Clark's father died, without naming him? Because if so, that's Jor-El, his birth father. Jonathan and Martha are alive now.
    Ok thank you...
    I forgot Jor-El...

The Preview Page said that Superman is currently busy with many things as his son is in the future, he came out with his secret identity and his father has passed....

So right it should be Jor-El....

This whole Martha and Jonathan alive, only Jonathan dead, both dead....confused me...

In New52 continuity both of the Kents died in a car crash when Clark was in high school. It was caused by a 5th dimensional imp (not Myx).

In Doomsday Clock, Johns said that the Kents died in a car crash caused by Dr. Manhattan, who was curious about how killing them would influence Superman's life.

At the end of Clock, Manhattan stopped the car crash from happening and the Kents are both alive again.

They'll be part of a upcoming arc in one of the books, I think it's Action.

So, as of Clock #12, they're alive and have been all this time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    In New52 continuity both of the Kents died in a car crash when Clark was in high school. It was caused by a 5th dimensional imp (not Myx).

In Doomsday Clock, Johns said that the Kents died in a car crash caused by Dr. Manhattan, who was curious about how killing them would influence Superman's life.

At the end of Clock, Manhattan stopped the car crash from happening and the Kents are both alive again.

They'll be part of a upcoming arc in one of the books, I think it's Action.

So, as of Clock #12, they're alive and have been all this time.
    Ok thank you..

I knew these facts, BUT in one preview of the Action Comics with Conner it was stated that Clarks father just passed...
    So I thought this would refer to JONATHAN, but it was obviously Jor-El who currently died...

So this was the thing which I didnt understand...because I knew that they are alive again and I thought that Jonathan might have died again, so short after reappearing..

Ah okay, yeah they were indeed talking about Jor-El. He was sentenced for his various crimes and, being a temporal anomaly pulled out of the timestream by Manhattan (or Myx or whoever the hell ended up taking responsibility for that), was sent back where he belongs. Which of course was Krypton moments before it blew up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.