Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, a handful of people, on a comic book message board, think that.

A few folks, even in this thread, have pointed out that it is largely a non-issue.
    And like I have said, do they know he is not in shape?

I await a new website called ShapeTracker, which will monitor the physical shape and athleticism of all actors who have a superhero role.

Astonishing Member

Batman says a joke and patrons lose their minds at each other, and him?

I for one think some incarnation of Joker would dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    No, of course not.
    Cool. So... what's your point? The conclusion is neither of us know; giving no more validity to either arguement. An obvious stalemate issue. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Exactly.
    And really, if he IS joking, then, as someone who in RL always goes for the joke, i can say that, sometimes jokes dont land.
    He's being PAID to joke, remember. If it is a joke, he got paid for it (in one form or another).

Of course, i dont have a bunch of ppl defending my bad jokes to the bitter end against those who didnt find them funny, that must me nice.
    I've never had that...privilege.
    HA! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    In the end, we’re all pretty privileged to be able to...erm...discuss such a trivial topic on our fancy computer devices.
    The existence of one privilege doesn't dissolve the reality of discrimination. For example a gay white male still has male privilege and white privilege, in all facets of his life. Doesn't mean he is immune from brutal discrimination because of his sexuality.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

Oh what rubbish. Sorry to be blunt, but what utter rubbish! They don't "owe" their job to Robert Pattison, that's hugely insulting to their craft and skill. They got hired on their own merit, and it's belittling to imply they should have "gratitude" to Pattison (on any level). Batman was happening regardless of him, this is not some indie movie that only got finance because of the star name attached to it (at which point you would have, on some level, a point). And the fact on top of earning that job for themselves, they have to pick up the slack of the guy paid vastly more... you need to have more respect for the crew. They are artists, just like actors.

Yes. They got a job on a film that probably does not exist without the director or the "Batman" lead being in play.

As for "Picking Up The Slack...", let's be honest about rubbish.

That is the assertion of someone that doesn't really have any insight into what is going on in a production that is currently on hold. It's the assertion of someone who probably doesn't have much insight into what the artistic vision is to start with. The idea that the correct "Batman" in the adaptation of the source material they are going to attempt to put on the screen(funny how that source material has not really come up...) is a bulked up, muscular "Batman" is just odd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Bale is a fantastic actor...

He was easily one of my least favorite Batman. His animalistic, shouting voice was so misguided
    Hmm. I'll take Bale's voice over Affleck's mechanical voice any day. His voice sounded more appropriate for Cyborg

Just because you think the joke didn’t land or you don’t think it’s funny doesn’t mean that it’s not funny. That’s not how comedy works, dude.
    Thats whats meant by jokes not landing, by gum.

And it’s interesting how people are castigating someone so much about an actor in a film they are literally not intending to watch.
    I never said that by golly.

Anyway, you go on defending his joke-not joke-physique-or lack there of, imma go hit the gym, the one i have in my garage so i can stay in shape while in isolation, as theres literally almost nothing else to do.

I'll check back in later, see if we broke 100 posts.

Anyway, you go on defending his joke-not joke-physique-or lack there of, imma go hit the gym, the one i have in my garage so i can stay in shape while in isolation, as theres literally almost nothing else to do.

A person could read/reread Batman: The Long Halloween...

BANNED

The joke didn’t land for you, by gum. That doesn’t mean it’s not funny. Dave Chapelle’s jokes aren’t for everyone either.

And I never said you were castigating Pattinson, by golly. Do keep up.

Yes. They got a job on a film that probably does not exist without the director or the "Batman" lead being in play.
    Rubbish! Batman was happening anyway, it has nothing, NOTHING to do with Robert Pattison. If Pattison died tomorrow, this film would still go ahead. It's not based around, built around, or on any level linked to him as a necessary cog in the wheel. It's Batman! It sells itself. The crew don't owe Robert Pattison anything, and they esp. shouldn't have to pick up his slack, when he's paid more than them.

That is the assertion of someone that doesn't really have any insight into what is going on in a production that is currently on hold. It's the assertion of someone who probably doesn't have much insight into what the artistic vision is to start with.
    Before we go any further, I'll caution you: I've been a professional actor for ten years (it's literally my job). Unless you can trump that, I worry any debate on "insight" to the actual reality of a film set, is one you might lose.

The idea that the correct "Batman" in the adaptation of the source material they are going to attempt to put on the screen(funny how that source material has not really come up...) is a bulked up, muscular "Batman" is just odd.
    Find me anywhere where I have claimed this; I've never said Batman has to be bulked up or muscular.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-16-2020 at 03:21 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    Hmm. I'll take Bale's voice over Affleck's mechanical voice any day. His voice sounded more appropriate for Cyborg
    Bale sounded a little drunk to me at one time, but I'm of the opinion Dark Knight should have been a little shorter.

I appreciated at least that they intended something different for Batffleck, faking and modulating his voice entirely as if not intended to sound human. Superstitious criminals and all that.

Before we go any further, I'll caution you: I've been a professional actor for ten years; and full time for five (it's literally my job). Unless you can trump that, I guarantee you any debate on "insight" to the ACTUAL REALITY of a film set, you will lose.
    Who probably has very little(if not "No...") insight into what the specific artistic direction or the way they intend on getting to there is. It is not any sort of slight to point that obvious reality out.

Find me anywhere where I have claimed this; I've never said Batman has to be bulked up or muscular.
    Then, you do get that this is essentially a non-issue in the adaptation of the source material in question? That is has almost zero bearing on what a successful version of that source material would actually look like?

BANNED

Cool. So... what's your point? The conclusion is neither of us know; giving no more validity to either arguement. An obvious stalemate issue. Well done.
    Because, like I said, I’m not the one making accusations and questioning his professionalism because of a joke he made, a joke you agree exists.

Because, like I said, I’m not the one making accusations and questioning his professionalism because of a joke he made, a joke you agree exists.
    Never mind that the idea that adapting the source material in question doesn't really hinge on any sort of a particularly huge "Batman"...

Who probably has very little(if not "No...") insight into what the specific artistic direction or the way they intend on getting to there is. It is not any sort of slight to point that obvious reality out.
    I've said a lot on these threads that while everyone is entitled to an opinion, there are many forms of an opinion (and each one has a different weight to it). An opinion > an informed opinion > a professional opinion > an expert opinion. I am not an expert, let's be clear But I do know they didn't hire a trainer for nothing. You'd be amazed what they happily throw money at, and what they get really annoyed at wasting money on. They would have paid for all his food too (esp. if requiring any form of bulking). I also don't see any evidence they are going into this art-house, surreal Batman. It's a major movie franchise, they don't like gambling with those. The more money involved, the more hoops you jump through, the more brutal you are whipped into shape.

Then, you do get that this is essentially a non-issue in the adaptation of the source material in question? That is has almost zero bearing on what a successful version of that source material would actually look like?
    Firstly there are tons of different body types between bulky muscle god and Jabba the Hutt. This is not an either/or choice. Secondly, the issue is NOT what the companies vision is, the issue is him (supposedly) not trying to meet said vision. Now we don't know he isn't, he likes to be paid to speak jibberish, apparently. But IF a personal trainer was hired (which I believe that is true; even jokes are grounded in truth) it wasn't to let him do as he wants and show up as he sees fit... you hire a dietitian if you want a rake thin Batman. You get a yoga instructor if you want a thin, agile Batman (RE: Andrew Garfield's Spiderman, for example). You get a PT for muscle. That's just how it goes.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-15-2020 at 05:11 PM.

BANNED

I've said a lot on these threads that while everyone is entitled to an opinion, there are many forms of an opinion (and each one has a different weight to it). And opinion > an informed opinion > a professional opinion > an expert opinion. I am not an expert, let's be clear But I do know they didn't hire a trainer for nothing. You'd be amazed what they happily throw money at, and what they get really annoyed at wasting money on. They would have paid for all his food too (esp. if requiring any form of bulking). I also don't see any evidence they are going into this art-house, surreal Batman. It's a major movie franchise, they don't like gambling with those. The more money involved, the more hoops you jump through, the more brutal you are whipped into shape.

Firstly there are tons of different body types between bulky muscle god and Jabba the Hutt. This is not an either/or choice. Secondly, the issue is NOT what the companies vision is, the issue is him (supposedly) not trying to meet said vision. Now we don't know he isn't, he likes to be paid to speak jibberish, apparently. But IF a personal trainer was hired (which I believe that is true; even jokes are grounded in truth) it wasn't to let him do as he wants and show up as he sees fit... you hire a dietitian if you want a rake thin Batman. You get a yoga instructor if you want a thin, agile Batman (RE: Andrew Garfield's Spiderman, for example). You get a PT for muscle. That's just how it goes.
    Oh I do now apologize most sincerely Kieran Frost, I didn’t know you were the font of all wisdom on humor, magazine profiles, personal training and ROBERT PATTINSON’S LIFESTYLE.

I will take my humble pleb opinion and withdraw. Please don’t hit me.
    Last edited by sammy_hansen; 05-15-2020 at 05:16 PM.