Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Robert P not working out during Quarantine according to Insider.com

"The Batman" star Robert Pattinson told GQ magazine that he's not exercising at all while quarantined. The actor said that the trainer hired by Warner Bros. gave him a Bosu ball and a weight, but he's "just barely doing anything," especially compared to costar Zoë Kravitz who's been working out five days per week.

As Keaton is my favourite film Batman working out to me is a small component of pulling off Batman.

Ben Affleck is my second favorite Batman who was cast in subpar films. His physic was awesome. Very DKR.

Bale in Batman Begins was not good, or atleast the suit was poorly designed. Bale is my least favorite Batman but TDK is an awesome film because of Heath.

Does it matter to you that Robert isn't training? His suit looks pretty bulky... so does it matter?

unnamed.jpg

No one knows wean fliming is going to start again so no real point in working out unless he is going to work out for the next 6 months to 3 years if they even finish this movie at all.
    Last edited by choptop; 05-13-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

It doesn’t matter to me.

My favorite Batman was Keaton and he wasn’t ripped at all.

Given the suit creates the illusion of muscles anyways, I suppose it doesn't matter.

That said, if he's supposed to put on muscle mass for the role and just isn't bothering too then that could be lazy unless he feels he has enough time to do it before filming begins. I guess it depends on whether the studio requires him to add muscle or not. If they don't care, then I guess I don't.

The Batman Who Lounges.

BANNED

If you read the whole article then you can see Pattinson is taking the absolute piss. He doesn’t play the media’s bullshit games and I for one and on board with it. Take his maniacal pasta concoction!

And if he isn’t getting ripped then great! When did acting become about muscles and six packs? Movies aren’t stuck in the Xtreme 90s surely? This also goes for the ridiculous standards we place on actresses too!

I guess I’m in the minority, as my opinion is, why take a role that demands at least a modicum of physical fitness and then straight up refuse to be physically fit?

That artitude used to piss me the **** off when I was in the Army. How kids would bitch about running in the mornings, or God forbid, deploying.

This is what -you- chose to do.
    This is what you’re being -paid- for.

I would straight up run this Pattinson guy until he **** a lung.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I guess I’m in the minority, as my opinion is, why take a role that demands at least a modicum of physical fitness and then straight up refuse to be physically fit?

That artitude used to piss me the **** off when I was in the Army. How kids would bitch about running in the mornings, or God forbid, deploying.

In the army you can't just draw on abs with a pen or CGI.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Do you know he’s physically unfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    In the army you can't just draw on abs with a pen or CGI.
    ^^^you'd make a fortune if you could figure out a way, though.

Also, someone should have told that trick to Bale and Affleck when they played Batman, Hugh Jackman when he played Wolverine, Brad Pitt when he played Tyler Durden and Achilles, Paul Rudd when he played Ant Man, Jake Gyllenhaal when he played Billy Hope, and Ed Norton, when he played Derek Vinyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    "The Batman" star Robert Pattinson told GQ magazine that he's not exercising at all while quarantined. The actor said that the trainer hired by Warner Bros. gave him a Bosu ball and a weight, but he's "just barely doing anything," especially compared to costar Zoë Kravitz who's been working out five days per week.
    A male actor isn't having to put in half as much work as a female actor? WHAAAAAAAAAAT? Who would have believed it? In Hollywood, of all places???

The reality is: it's lazy. You're in isolation, you have nothing but free time, work out. You're literally being paid to do it. The studio didn't hire a trainer for a laugh. This kind of self-entitled attitude really rubs me the wrong way. It's show utter contempt for his colossal privilege. Then again I don't think he's a very good actor, so... shocker, his attitude sucks and he has no discipline in his craft.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

To me this is a story you circle back to on the back end after watching the performance. Batman on the big screen should be an example of a human in top physical form. Master of many martial arts, peak trained physical condition as well as the "worlds top detective". That's who the character is if he ends up looking sloppy, lazy, regular joe and it takes people out of the performance then we circle back to this in his preparation and dedication to the role.

Like others have said I wouldn't tar and feather the guy now even though many will. Shooting schedules are all over the place right now , that said if his co stars are reportedly hard at work it is valid to have the side by side comparison of effort if the studio is paying for the trainer like they usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    If you read the whole article then you can see Pattinson is taking the absolute piss. He doesn’t play the media’s bullshit games and I for one and on board with it. Take his maniacal pasta concoction!

And if he isn’t getting ripped then great! When did acting become about muscles and six packs? Movies aren’t stuck in the Xtreme 90s surely? This also goes for the ridiculous standards we place on actresses too!
    While I agree not all acting should be about muscles and six packs, certain roles may require that. It's not necessarily unfair to require the actor to physically look like the character they are trying to potray. And that may require them to gain or lose muscle or fat depending on the role. That can be a part of an actors job. If they're not willing to do that, they don't have to take the role.

In Batmans case, I'm not entirely sure if the studio is require that. And it's possible even if they do, Pattinson believes he has enough time to get in whatever shape he needs to for the role. So this might not necessarily be an issue. We'll see.

It’d be pretty hilarious though if he turned up on set as big as Marlon Brando did for Apocalypse Now! and was constantly eating chicken wings from takeaway trays. They’d have to cast someone as Robin to do all the running around after King Tut, or whoever the villain is this time.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    While I agree not all acting should be about muscles and six packs, certain roles may require that. It's not necessarily unfair to require the actor to physically look like the character they are trying to potray. And that may require them to gain or lose muscle or fat depending on the role. That can be a part of an actors job. If they're not willing to do that, they don't have to take the role.
    THIS! It's perfectly fine to not take a role if you don't want to lose weight/gain weight/put on muscle. If acting isn't about that, to you, then I respect that. But it feels like a 'cake and eat it' scenario; he wants the fame and accolade of Batman but he doesn't want to work for it. Nicholas Cage's TERRIBLE CGI six-pack springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In Batmans case, I'm not entirely sure if the studio is require that. And it's possible even if they do, Pattinson believes he has enough time to get in whatever shape he needs to for the role. So this might not necessarily be an issue. We'll see.
    Well if they paid for Pattison to have a trainer... I think it's fair to assume they don't expect Pattison to show up to set looking like Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It’d be pretty hilarious though if he turned up on set as big as Marlon Brando did for Apocalypse Now! and was constantly eating chicken wings from takeaway trays. They’d have to cast someone as Robin to do all the running around after King Tut, or whoever the villain is this time.
    No, in that scenario they should just fire Pattison. If he doesn't want to do the work, he shouldn't keep the role.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."