Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^you'd make a fortune if you could figure out a way, though.

Also, someone should have told that trick to Bale and Affleck when they played Batman, Hugh Jackman when he played Wolverine, Brad Pitt when he played Tyler Durden and Achilles, Paul Rudd when he played Ant Man, Jake Gyllenhaal when he played Billy Hope, and Ed Norton, when he played Derek Vinyard.
    How about Ed Norton when he played the Hulk? Man, in some scenes he was RIPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    I don't know enough about the situation to have an opinion, but in an era where an entire class of people are vilified daily for working three jobs but still needing welfare, I'd say that a joke about being hired to do something and not doing it, but being paid tons for it regardless, isn't very funny. I don't know if he was hired on any expectation of physical condition, and I don't know if he's in less than excellent shape.

But I do know that if it's a joke, it is (to put it in context) piss-poor.

That that's coming from an American with a lack of sense of humor I guess
    This seems like a really weird thing to latch on to. People have had shitty things happen to for a long time. A child dies from poverty every three seconds. Children die from cancer. There’s Trump. But now irreverent, wacky humor is off the table?

If people don’t like Robert Pattinson they should just come out and say so.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    How about Ed Norton when he played the Hulk? Man, in some scenes he was RIPPED!
    Yeah!
    He looked pretty good for a mild mannered scientist...

...even -before- he filled out those pants!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    This seems like a really weird thing to latch on to. People have had shitty things happen to for a long time. A child dies from poverty every three seconds. Children die from cancer. There’s Trump. But now irreverent, wacky humor is off the table?

If people don’t like Robert Pattinson they should just come out and say so.
    Speaking only for myself, children dying of poverty, cancer, or because of Donald Trump aren’t on my table either.

BANNED

Speaking only for myself, children dying of poverty, cancer, or because of Donald Trump aren’t on my table either.
    You totally missed the point.

Astonishing Member

People thought Gal Gadot was going to be too small to play Wonder Woman. But she pulled it off.

It's not like there's no time. I know a lot of people who can bulk up really quickly, like in 2-3 months, especially if he's got Hollywood dieticians.

Also there's a handful of Marvel Movie actors who bulked up for their first movie as a superhero and then let themselves go for each subsequent appearance. Isn't that worse?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I don't think the issue is "can the film cover it up", for me the issue is: why should HE decide that the editors, and costume designers, and make-up artists and cinematographer have to worker harder (WHEN PAID LESS) to compensate for his laziness? It's pure ego. Requiring others to worker harder because your giant paycheck and personal trainer didn't 'motivate you enough' in isolation to work for two hours. He has nothing else to do right now, it's not a big ask (esp. when taking into account how much he's being paid to look a certain way).

By the same logic: you don't hire a personal trainer for someone because you don't care what Batman looks like

I don't think it's to do with a power fantasy, if the studio doesn't care to have a Batman in shape, cool. Love it! Embrace the new normal, take a different approach, etc. The fact they paid for a personal trainer, to me, implies that is not the case. For me the issue is about privilege. A black actress is having to train hard because the studio won't tolerate anything less from her (there are so many stories of producers telling actresses they are 'fat' because they aren't a rake). Meanwhile the str8 white guy... brags in an interview about how, when he has nothing to do, he doesn't even train despite being asked to. It just doesn't come from a very informed place. Or a place of understanding about his privilege.

I’m not gonna read all that man it’s just a stupid Batman movie this dude has every right to do what he wants with his body

And we definitely have the right to call him on it.

BANNED

but you're literally not gonna notice regardless....lol

BANNED

Right to call out on what? What he does with his own body? Far out dude.

Thanks for agreeing.

Extraordinary Member

But won't it look funny if he's all skinny in regular clothes and bulked up in a batman suit? People are gonna notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    But won't it look funny if he's all skinny in regular clothes and bulked up in a batman suit? People are gonna notice that.
    Even tho I would prefer he work out.

It never bothered me that keaton over b89 and br didnt train at all. He also kept his shirt on... pretty hard to determine a physic with clothes on...

Bale was to big and puffy in BB

Bale was very lean in the follow up films...

Really only Affleck of any of the Film Batmans truely bulked and looked good in the suit

Bale is far from a muslced beast
    024-the-dark-knight-theredlist.jpg
    Last edited by Menacer; 05-14-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

It never bothered me that keaton over b89 and br didnt train at all. He also kept his shirt on... pretty hard to determine a physic with clothes on...

Really only Affleck of any of the Film Batmans truely bulked and looked good in the suit

The only thing is those guys were a different class of actor than Pattison. I mean Keaton was a legit psycho and experienced character actor. The others had more experience building up to the role. I do feel like Affleck was the best but in the most hated movies.

But who knows maybe he'll surprise everybody gotta wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

I think there's a difference between looking bulky and looking athletic though. I don't necessarily think Batman should look like the former, but I DO think he should look like the later. He doesn't necessarily need to look like a body builder... but he should look like a guy in really good shape, because obviously Batman needs to be in good shape. It's not like Iron Man where the suit is doing all the work... Batman should be an athlete. It just makes sense that he should look that way.

Obviously you can't tell how athletic a person necessarily looks unless he takes his short off or whatever... nonetheless,I think that's a fair expectation to have for Batman.

Which isn't to say Robert doesn't that that sort of build now, or at least can't get it by the time the movie comes out.