Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Alright, this thread doesn't exactly make up for the fact that I won't get to watch this movie as soon as originally planned thanks to the pandemic - but I still enjoyed the chuckles. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    Hmm. I'll take Bale's voice over Affleck's mechanical voice any day. His voice sounded more appropriate for Cyborg
    Personally I liked the mechanical voice changer - makes more sense for a guy who can afford the tech, needs to hide his voice, and doesn't want to go hoarse from talking like the Cookie Monster. Although even Cookie Monster is better than the takes that didn't bother to change their Batman voice sufficiently from their Bruce Wayne voice.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    The joke didn’t land for you, by gum. That doesn’t mean it’s not funny. Dave Chapelle’s jokes aren’t for everyone either.
    The joke (if it was a joke) didn’t land for a lot of other ppl, pls don’t discount their excellent taste in humor.

And I never said you were castigating Pattinson, by golly. Do keep up.
    Actually, by throwing around generalizations, and making up and rebutting things ppl didn’t actually say in this thread, you did imply just that.
    And well, no sidewindin' bushwackin' hornswogglin' cracker croaker is gonna rowll my bishen cutter.

This was fun.
    It’s clear what you’ve been -trying- to accomplish here, and how you’ve been trying to accomplish it, but, well, nothing you did landed.

And on that note, I’m out of here.
    I’m not going to troll.

Okay folks, enough with the passive-aggressive "humor" digs at each other. Discuss the thread topic or go away.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Okay folks, enough with the passive-aggressive "humor" digs at each other. Discuss the thread topic or go away.
    Yah exactly.

Reality is he will likely be in much better shape then Keaton was. Tho much smaller then Affleck.

And if he never goes shirtless then his conditioning will come in handy for the few stunts he does ... tho likely most will be done by stunt doubles. Which is the same as keaton

Keaton wouldnt even walk as most his walking was done by ballerinas who could glide - walk ... reality is Keaton did the speaking and eye work and the rest of batman was by trained doubles.

My guess is similar stuff will happen during The Batman and Rob P will play one component of the Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Bale sounded a little drunk to me at one time, but I'm of the opinion Dark Knight should have been a little shorter.
    I prefer Batman when he says nothing; when he is silent and listens and then disappears before you realise he's gone. That said, Bale's bat voice never bothered me. The only part that bothered me was the stupid monologue at the end. It was cringe. I think the Dark Knight was so long because they made an active choice to include of of Ledger's work, and to make that work in the narrative, the film had to be longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Alright, this thread doesn't exactly make up for the fact that I won't get to watch this movie as soon as originally planned thanks to the pandemic - but I still enjoyed the chuckles. Thanks guys!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

For those who have been paying attention, Robert Pattinson has been toying with the media and fans from the absolute beginning he was cast. He's just either a) having fun messing with the interviewers, or b) legitimately doesn't care.

He's a very serious actor who is even more serious about his craft post-Twilight, so I'm going to assume "b" is less likely.
    Furthermore, Matt Reeves will ensure anyone on that set is up to par for him, it's that simple. I'm going to trust in Matt Reeves and whatever he cooks up.

Batman doesn't always have to be ripped and buff, there's room for different interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    For those who have been paying attention, Robert Pattinson has been toying with the media and fans from the absolute beginning he was cast. He's just either a) having fun messing with the interviewers, or b) legitimately doesn't care.

He's a very serious actor who is even more serious about his craft post-Twilight, so I'm going to assume "b" is less likely.
    Furthermore, Matt Reeves will ensure anyone on that set is up to par for him, it's that simple. I'm going to trust in Matt Reeves and whatever he cooks up.

Batman doesn't always have to be ripped and buff, there's room for different interpretations.
    Personally Matt Reeves has done absolutely nothing to indicate to me he's good for Batman... or that he even knows how to make a good movie ...

Matt Reeves

Director (13)

The Batman

(2021)

War for the Planet of the Apes

(2017)

(directed by)

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

(2014)

Let Me In

(2010/I)

Cloverfield

(2008)

Conviction

(TV Series 2006)

(1 episode)

Miracles

(TV Series 2003)

(1 episode)

Felicity

(TV Series 1998-2001)

(5 episodes)

Gideon's Crossing

(TV Series 2000)

(1 episode)

Homicide: Life on the Street

(TV Series 1997)

(1 episode)

Relativity

(TV Series 1997)

(1 episode)

The Pallbearer

(1996)

Future Shock

(1994)

(segment "Mr. Petrified Forrest")

Having said that I still have hope for the project, simply because I'm hopeful for any batman project

He's a very serious actor...
    Not sure those two thoughts go hand-in-hand He's so 'serious' he doesn't take interviews seriously when he's PAID to do them. Seems like a mixed message?

I'm not sure Matt Reeve will have any control over Pattison unless Pattison chooses to listen. Reeve will have no power to fire Pattison, for example, as it's a franchise; so his ability to lay down the law is... very limited.

No-one's saying he has to be.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

He's a very serious actor who is even more serious about his craft post-Twilight
    He really is. Maybe the most competent actor to play Batman to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Maybe the most competent actor to play Batman to date.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Eh, he's taking the piss. This is the same dude who said The Hand that Rocks the Cradle was his sexual awakening and talked about "garden" burgers during his commentary of Twilight because he didn't give a **** about that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Really? I haven't seen The Lighthouse. But I think those guys had a more serious reputation than Pattison by the time they took on the role.
    The Lighthouse was great and the main reason I'm not worried about Pattinson at all on the acting front.

One of the best movies I saw last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Being in The Lighthouse doesn’t mean anything, except that Pattinson had the good fortune to be cast opposite William DaFoe.
    DeFoe wouldn't have had much to work with if his screen partner was a dud. Yeah he's the more experienced performer, but they were both fucking awesome in that movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Not sure those two thoughts go hand-in-hand He's so 'serious' he doesn't take interviews seriously when he's PAID to do them. Seems like a mixed message?
    There’s a difference between doing media publicity and actual acting.

That’s like saying every actor that ever appeared on Letterman should’ve been 100% serious and only be discussing the role of the movie they are in.

There’s a difference between doing media publicity and actual acting.

That’s like saying every actor that ever appeared on Letterman should’ve been 100% serious and only be discussing the role of the movie they are in.
    Was my only complaint about Letterman. Just couldn't keep actors on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Eh, he's taking the piss. This is the same dude who said The Hand that Rocks the Cradle was his sexual awakening and talked about "garden" burgers during his commentary of Twilight because he didn't give a **** about that movie.
    Not sure this adds to the arguement he's a great professional. He was paid to do those interviews...

The Lighthouse was great and the main reason I'm not worried about Pattinson at all on the acting front.
    One of the best movies I saw last year.
    Still need to see it. Is it on Netflix?

DeFoe wouldn't have had much to work with if his screen partner was a dud. Yeah he's the more experienced performer, but they were both fucking awesome in that movie.
    Well DeFoe would have been awesome regardless. It's Dafoe!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Still need to see it. Is it on Netflix?
    Not sure, I ended up getting it on BluRay. it might be on Prime.

Did you see the Witch? It's by the same guy

Well DeFoe would have been awesome regardless. It's Dafoe!
    Lol yeah, DeFoe would have killed it anyway. But the film is highly enjoyable due to both of them. Pattinson holds his own against him very well.