Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You know what I would agree on the Black Flash being a good villain for every flash to be involved. If not him then I’d even argue for the Black Racer.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

YES!!!!!! FINALLY my favorite speedsters return! This better not be another stupid tease.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It feels weird having members of Wally's Flash family be in a story without Wally. Barry has never really had much of a connection to Max, Bart or Jesse. I guess Williamson might address this disconnect in the story.

Also, to speculate, Willamson might have wanted to include Wally but he was hamstrung by what happened in Flash Forward.
    Last edited by KC; 05-14-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    The naming convention is based on subcategories of Heavy Metal. Although obviously for obvious reasons they can't call it HEAVY METAL.

Speed Metal originated in the Early 80s. Like that Early Early Metallica, Megadeth, all about headbanging and plenty of bands still throw out a speed metal song to just get things going fast.

Water Metal had me laughing out loud. I'd have gone with HEAVY WATER. But real talk the most apropos sub-genre of metal for Aquaman is probably like, Viking Metal. Something that plays with mariners, seafarers, long haired blond dude warriors, and probably all that mythological content that the Nazis tried to pervert (Heinrich Himmler believed Aryans originated in Atlantis), thus necessitating the need to invent Aquaman and have a maritime blonde-haired blue-eyed guy punch U-Boats to death in his first appearance. Viking or Black Metal or maybe even Celtic Metal.

Cyborg's obviously got the Industrial bent. Swamp Thing the Sludge Metal. Batman Gothic Metal. You could really get into it.

Superman's a country boy and we all know it.

Bet money BLACK FLASH is the Speed Metal villain. I'm sure there'll be other things in there too that are thematic and funny. Girder! Some Dark Multiverse version of Barry! But Black Flash is definitely the most metal Flash villain.
    Heh would it surprise you to know Clark is not in fact a country fan?

Supes being a Metal fan and Batman hating Metal was one of the funniest things I learned.
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    It feels weird having members of Wally's Flash family be in a story without Wally. Barry has never really had much of a connection to Max, Bart or Jesse. I guess Williamson might address this disconnect in the story.

Also, to speculate, Willamson might have wanted to include Wally but he was hamstrung by what happened in Flash Forward.
    Well we know Jay, Barry, and Wally are getting a DM spin off called Speed Metal, and Wally is going to be in Death Metal, so I’m going to just hope that even though he’s not on the cover, he and Zoloman will be in The Finish Line.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-14-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heh would it surprise you to know Clark is not in fact a country fan?

Well we know Jay, Barry, and Wally are getting a DM spin off called Speed Metal, and Wally is going to be in Death Metal, so I’m going to just hope that even though he’s not on the cover, he and Zoloman will be in The Finish Line.
    Actually that seems not to be true anymore, since in All-Star Batman (the one where he was with Two-Face) at the end he seemed to like the metal music played by Duke Thomas...

For the pic:

1. the guy on the hero side (the first one) is that Max Mercury?
    (he looks different to the Pre-Flashpoint one)

2. The female between Kid Flash (Wallace) and Bart is the Flash of China or?

3. Who is the female villain looking at Jesse?
    Last edited by Masterff; 05-14-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Is it just me, or does that Flash logo look like Wally's 'S' bolt not Barry's regular??

For the record, this makes me squeal like a little school girl. I hope Williamson sticks the landing.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Actually that seems not to be true anymore, since in All-Star Batman (the one where he was with Two-Face) at the end he seemed to like the metal music played by Duke Thomas...

For the pic:

1. the guy on the hero side (the first one) is that Max Mercury?
    (he looks different to the Pre-Flashpoint one)

2. The female between Kid Flash (Wallace) and Bart is the Flash of China or?

3. Who is the female villain looking at Jesse?
    That’s Avery the female Flash of China and the female villain opposing Jesse is Golden Glider I think.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Williamson confirms this is his final arc on Twitter https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...05663726088194

He also says this won't be the last time he writes the flash family though..what could that mean? Possibly Wally or Jay Garrick solo book?

A Character nobody is considering for Speed Metal: We know Superboy-Prime is in Death Metal, we just don't know where he fits in, and we also know he certainly has an Axe to grind with speedsters
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Williamson confirms this is his final arc on Twitter https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...05663726088194

He also says this won't be the last time he writes the flash family though..what could that mean? Possibly Wally or Jay Garrick solo book?
    Hallelujah. Let's hope they replace him on the main Flash book with someone who writes Barry like they actually like the character.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

He could be writing Speed Metal, the Jay/Barry/Wally team up book.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    A Character nobody is considering for Speed Metal: We know Superboy-Prime is in Death Metal, we just don't know where he fits in, and we also know he certainly has an Axe to grind with speedsters
    Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if we see the Flashes fight Prime at some point.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He could be writing Speed Metal, the Jay/Barry/Wally team up book.
    That makes a lot of sense, especially since Snyder keeps mentioning him and Tynion during interviews about planning death metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if we see the Flashes fight Prime at some point.
    I kinda want to see Prime fight the Batman Who Laughs
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Also: Damn, if this is his last arc then Batman Beyond finally becomes the Last Rebirth Title to keep going with it's original writer
    Pull List: