Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    wallys not shown in the image because barry and the justice league threw him back in prison to pay for his crimes.
    They’d have to throw Barry in the cell next to Wally since everything is his fault anyway

In all seriousness though Willamson has said more people will show up beyond who is on the cover.

Seeing so many of the Flash Family together again makes it seem like maybe we're getting closer to the Pre-Flashpoint version.
    I do hope they fix Wally soon too.

Yeah, looks like when all is over, we'll have the pre-Flashpoint Flash Family back, with the additions of Kid Flash Wallace and China Flash Avery from Rebirth.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, looks like when all is over, we'll have the pre-Flashpoint Flash Family back, with the additions of Kid Flash Wallace and China Flash Avery from Rebirth.
    Just wish it hadn't taken ten years for them to continue the Flash family reunion from Flash Rebirth LOL.
    Manapul's run was cool, but nothing makes up for all the times the others got sidelined.

So where's XS at? Is she even going to be in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I’m not sure how she would fit in given the current Legion of Superheroes series. But who knows, could just bring her in separate from the Legion or perhaps she remembers the previous legion or something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wonder what took them so long to bring Jesse back, she was popular in the show.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wonder what took them so long to bring Jesse back, she was popular in the show.
    They had XS on the show for an entire season and never brought her back.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I’d wager Bendis has control over her for right now.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...34124143177729

Comment 1: Is Xs/Jenni still around in this current continuity? Or just Bart?

Comment 2: They make too many references to her so i think so is

Williamson: she is still around, yes...

So:

Barry - Thawne

Max Mercury - Captain Cold

Kid Flash - Turtle

Avery - Trickster

Impulse - Inertia

Jesse Quick - Golden Glider

Jay Garrick - Grodd

Notable exceptions: Wally West, Zoom, Godspeed, XS, and...maybe Savitar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Damn it’s so nice to see the Flash Family together again. Guess this will be Willamson’s last arc? I’ve enjoyed his run overall, but I’m cool with getting new blood. Wonder where he will go and who will be replacing him on Flash?
    I don't think they'd call it "Finish Line" if it wasn't his final arc.

I just hope they scuttle those 5G plans for Boomerang Jr. becoming the next Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    haha I wasn't sure

you forgot WATER METAL focusing on the Aquaman family, and OLD METAL which focuses on the JSA characters, and METAL METAL focusing on the Metal Men
    I wouldn't rule these tie-in's out .
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I’d prefer Jesse as Liberty Belle along with Jay in the JSA but I’m not gonna look a gift like the Flash Family in the mouth. So I’m probably in just for the Flash family aspect alone.
    I'm not surprised they're bringing her back as Jesse Quick. I'm just beyond happy to see her back.

Astonishing Member

The end of Flash: Year One had a double page spread with the Flash family - Barry, Wally, Jay, Avery, Kid Flash, Impulse, XS, Max Mercury, Johnny Quick and Jesse Quick. In a podcast interview around the time, Williamson made sure to point out the three silhouettes in the background.

About XS, don't forget the Tornado Twins are about to show up. Aren't XS and Impulse their kids?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    About XS, don't forget the Tornado Twins are about to show up. Aren't XS and Impulse their kids?
    The Tornado Twins are a version of them that exist in the near future instead of far future. Not Bart and Jenni's parents, who were heroes in the future that inspired the LOSH.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    haha I wasn't sure

you forgot WATER METAL focusing on the Aquaman family, and OLD METAL which focuses on the JSA characters, and METAL METAL focusing on the Metal Men
    The naming convention is based on subcategories of Heavy Metal. Although obviously for obvious reasons they can't call it HEAVY METAL.

Speed Metal originated in the Early 80s. Like that Early Early Metallica, Megadeth, all about headbanging and plenty of bands still throw out a speed metal song to just get things going fast.

Water Metal had me laughing out loud. I'd have gone with HEAVY WATER. But real talk the most apropos sub-genre of metal for Aquaman is probably like, Viking Metal. Something that plays with mariners, seafarers, long haired blond dude warriors, and probably all that mythological content that the Nazis tried to pervert (Heinrich Himmler believed Aryans originated in Atlantis), thus necessitating the need to invent Aquaman and have a maritime blonde-haired blue-eyed guy punch U-Boats to death in his first appearance. Viking or Black Metal or maybe even Celtic Metal.

Cyborg's obviously got the Industrial bent. Swamp Thing the Sludge Metal. Batman Gothic Metal. You could really get into it.

Superman's a country boy and we all know it.

Bet money BLACK FLASH is the Speed Metal villain. I'm sure there'll be other things in there too that are thematic and funny. Girder! Some Dark Multiverse version of Barry! But Black Flash is definitely the most metal Flash villain.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com