Mighty Member

Default Howabout : Tobey Maguire cameo in Sam Raimi's Doctor Strange 2?

The next DS film will feature (dark) multiverses so how about we have Strange play around with windows to various multiverses ? One could be an almost identical New York featuring an un-named plain clothes Tobey, Kirstin Dunst and their daughter, another with Andrew Garfield and Sally Field...

YOUR thoughts and ideas on this?

BANNED

-- It's supremely doubtful, given this situation, if and when Raimi's Doctor Strange will be made.
    -- I also think that Raimi would want his Doctor Strange to be distinct and stand apart from Spider-Man.
    -- Sony is the one who has final say on how their versions of Spider-Man are used, and how Spider-Man can be handled in the MCU.

It feels far more likely we'll get a Maguire cameo in Into The Spider-Verse 2, which is coming out the same year. (It was gonna happen in the first movie but Sony didn't want to do it yet). Him and Dunst showing up, without it being explicitly said who they are, that could be a possibility, but that's on if Raimi considers self-referencing himself in that way, which I'm not a hundred percent sure about. Now Bruce Campbell and the Necronomicon showing up? You bet your ass he's gonna try and fit those in there lol.

Mighty Member

Thanks. Would love to see THAT book in Strange's library plus THAT car Raimi uses.

BANNED

I am curious about what story Raimi would end up doing. The best Doctor Strange story, by far, is The Eternity Saga. And I am not sure if that plays to Raimi's strengths (Alex Garland, especially after Annihilation, would be better).

Scott Derrickson was keen on Nightmare, and that would fit Raimi's strengths. Another possibility is "The Montessi Formula" by Roger Stern which has a blend of horror to it (and Dracula is the bad guy there) and Blade shows up there too.

Of course eventuallythey are going to have to do Triumph and Torment, which I think would also play to Raimi's strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It feels far more likely we'll get a Maguire cameo in Into The Spider-Verse 2, which is coming out the same year. (It was gonna happen in the first movie but Sony didn't want to do it yet). Him and Dunst showing up, without it being explicitly said who they are, that could be a possibility, but that's on if Raimi considers self-referencing himself in that way, which I'm not a hundred percent sure about. Now Bruce Campbell and the Necronomicon showing up? You bet your ass he's gonna try and fit those in there lol.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they try and work in cameos for all the live-action Spidey's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I am curious about what story Raimi would end up doing. The best Doctor Strange story, by far, is The Eternity Saga. And I am not sure if that plays to Raimi's strengths (Alex Garland, especially after Annihilation, would be better).

Scott Derrickson was keen on Nightmare, and that would fit Raimi's strengths. Another possibility is "The Montessi Formula" by Roger Stern which has a blend of horror to it (and Dracula is the bad guy there) and Blade shows up there too.

Of course eventuallythey are going to have to do Triumph and Torment, which I think would also play to Raimi's strengths.
    I'm expecting them to introduce Clea and Umar...I don't know about Nightmare without Derrickson gone.

I think it's more likely we get a cameo from Ted Raimi.

Mixing Spider-Man and Dr. Strange is tricky. And I wouldn't want Tobey to come back as anything but a spider-related character, so voting no on this. But I'd love for Tobey to be Uncle Ben in MCU Spder-Man.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Mixing Spider-Man and Dr. Strange is tricky. And I wouldn't want Tobey to come back as anything but a spider-related character, so voting no on this. But I'd love for Tobey to be Uncle Ben in MCU Spder-Man.
    Don't know if Tobey'd make sense as Uncle Ben next to Marisa Tomei's Aunt May, he's 11 years younger than her.

Astonishing Member

It could be cool if it is done like a Bruce Campbell cameo.