Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

I suppose its possible that this is all an illusion and they're still fighting in the Otherworld. That's probably the case, now that I think about it. Feels like a waste.

I like the cast. BUT I am intrigued by the Apocalypse/Exodus partnership.

Also I like the trifecta of Rogue/Betsy/Gambit.

Wish it would focus on those 5.

Adding Brian and Meggan whenever possible.

Also I love this version of the uniform:

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 12.41.46 PM.jpg
    Last edited by CGAR; 05-19-2020 at 12:42 PM.

The cast is not the problem, the problem is the writer, she is simply not good enough for the job.

The cast is part of the problem with the writing. They've never felt like a team and really have nothing to keep them together and honestly don't deserve to call themselves Excalibur. The scattered cast is endemic of the bad writing from Tini. Hearing that X of Swords is going to be partly on her makes me even less interested in it. Apocalypse has been a black hole villain sue, and getting even more focus is just irksome.

The way Tini Howard exists in yalls heads rent-free

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The cast is part of the problem with the writing. They've never felt like a team and really have nothing to keep them together and honestly don't deserve to call themselves Excalibur. The scattered cast is endemic of the bad writing from Tini. Hearing that X of Swords is going to be partly on her makes me even less interested in it. Apocalypse has been a black hole villain sue, and getting even more focus is just irksome.
    I agree that Excalibur does not feel like a team. At all. The team synergy basically boils down to this. "Grrrr I HATE you Apocalypse, but I'm gonna do whatever you want." Its just bad writing..

Some complaints I have....
    Gambit and Rogue having zero reason for sticking around.
    Jubilee's constant worry/concern for kid even though she always puts him in harms way.
    I prefer Psylocke over Captain Britain.
    Betsy as Cap Brit has done nothing interesting with her powers.
    Morgan Le fay went out like a wimp.
    Constant fetch missions Apocalypse gives Excalibur as if this was RPG....
    Magic not being a major plot element in the series.
    etc, etc.

Its just bad no matter how you look at it.

Best case scenario the series get relaunched with a proper cast and writer. Like Bunn, or Carey, or whoever.
    Worst case scenario X of swords sucks like Excalibur..
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    May 27: Marauders #10
    June 10: Excalibur #10, New Mutants #10
    July 4: X-Force #10, GLMK Extended #1

That's all the X-books releasing over the next two months.
    Why are they not giving a preview of Marauder 10 first?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The way Tini Howard exists in yalls heads rent-free
    Lol I know right
    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I agree that Excalibur does not feel like a team. At all. The team synergy basically boils down to this. "Grrrr I HATE you Apocalypse, but I'm gonna do whatever you want." Its just bad writing..

Some complaints I have....
    Gambit and Rogue having zero reason for sticking around.
    Jubilee's constant worry/concern for kid even though she always puts him in harms way.
    I prefer Psylocke over Captain Britain.
    Betsy as Cap Brit has done nothing interesting with her powers.
    Morgan Le fay went out like a wimp.
    Constant fetch missions Apocalypse gives Excalibur as if this was RPG....
    Magic not being a major plot element in the series.
    etc, etc.

Its just bad no matter how you look at it.

Best case scenario the series get relaunched with a proper cast and writer. Like Bunn, or Carey, or whoever.
    Worst case scenario X of swords sucks like Excalibur..
    This is the 2nd best Excalibur series by far sure the team lineup seems wonky and we've been given no explanation why they're stick around but that seems like an editorial mandate
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol I know right

This is the 2nd best Excalibur series by far sure the team lineup seems wonky and we've been given no explanation why they're stick around but that seems like an editorial mandate
    Perhaps true. Though if true it speaks more about the quality of the other Excalibur series then this one.

I would prefer if we raise the standards instead of giving comics a pass because we know how bad it has been&could be.

Why wouldnt we mention Tini Howard? It's her series. It's her writing. It's her interpretation of Excalibur.

You act like talking about her is so out of left field. When she' the basis for most of the issues with this run.

People can like or dislike the run. And explain why they don't like it. (Or like it.) What else are we supposed to do when 3 of our favorite characters are stuck with this one writer. Have some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke and Jubilee were all in the same team in X-men blue and it worked out great.
    It's the writer job to explain the reasons the team exists and justify the presence of each member of the team.
    For example, I would never have expected to see Black Tom as a member of a X-Force book but Percy explained clearly why he is there.
    If Percy can successfully justify the presence of Black Tom in his book then it shouldn't be a problem for Howard to do the same with the characters in Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke and Jubilee were all in the same team in X-men blue and it worked out great.
    It's the writer job to explain the reasons the team exists and justify the presence of each member of the team.
    For example, I would never have expected to see Black Tom as a member of a X-Force book but Percy explained clearly why he is there.
    If Percy can successfully justify the presence of Black Tom in his book then it shouldn't be a problem for Howard to do the same with the characters in Excalibur.
    Good point. I meant it more in the sense that these guys have no real reason to be on the Excalibur team. They can (and have) absolutely worked together in other contexts.

Its sad because Jubilee was always a pretty great mom in other series. I like seeing superhero parents. But come on, using your toddler as a literal mount when flying into combat? Is she insane?

Betsy's tenure as Captain Britain has just been sad. She's literally spent her entire time as Captain Britain being manipulated by other people while really not caring all that much. To say nothing about actively working against the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol I know right

Stop trolling! It's 3rd best and it only wins that spot by default. I think people need to just accept the fact that the team only works when a Human is leading it!

Wait are you just upset that Brian isnt Captain Britain anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wait are you just upset that Brian isnt Captain Britain anymore?
    Not really, I don't believe anyone is really entitled to anything. It's just a simple observation that all the good iterations of the team had a human as the lead.