Mighty Member

Default LOOSE ENDS in Movies, Tv, Books, comics etc. that drive you NUTS?

There's a new Predator video game that features the return of Dutch featuring the voice of Arnie himself. Many fans have wondered what became of that character after the events of the film.

Other loose ends :

Father Callahan from Salem's Lot - later shows up in a Dark Tower novel

The ending of Watchmen - I kinda like using my OWN imagination on this.

Static (Milestone/DC) - supporting character shot in the final issue, the assailant never revealed..

Punisher - early 90's issue. Frank goes to Baltimore and deals with a trashy drug dealing family. The matriach plays the innocent victim and pins the blame on her wimpy husband whom Frank kills. She is probably still active to this day...

and YOUR loose ends?

Watchmen? How is the ending of Watchmen a loose end?

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

I have read the Watchmen. It had a satisfying conclusion without any loose ends unlesss I missed any in the Watchmen.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Watchmen? How is the ending of Watchmen a loose end?
    Rorchach's journal maybe?

Incredible Member

The ending to the TV show Modern Family, so at the start of the series it was treated as a family day in the life mockumentary style with characters talking to someone on camera, I guess we're to assume its for a future relative to see this years down the road while the whole series was on.

But then comes the series finale and nothing came of it, the TV audience is left wondering who the characters were addressing their problems to all these years.

How do Nikkia Bell and her father, Lawrence, move on?

I liked Terminator Genisys. I wish we had a sequel to explain who sent back the Papa Arnold Terminator.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

How in the hell that orange creature i can't remember the name had Luke's lightsaber in her unholy possession in Force Awakens?

THE BIRDS didn’t really end. The characters got in their car and drove away, but the birds were still a problem.

THE THING was open ended. Was one guy an alien? Which guy?

The TV show BENSON ends w. the election results never being revealed.

Actually, SOAP, the show Benson spun off from, ended w. several cliffhangers since the show was never renewed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    How in the hell that orange creature i can't remember the name had Luke's lightsaber in her unholy possession in Force Awakens?
    You mean Maz Kanatta? I think it was told in one of the recent Marvel comic but I don't consider those canon unless its live action.

Really bugs me that we don't see what happened to Lee in Death Proof. Makes you imagine the worst, and makes her friends seem like psychopaths.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    THE BIRDS didn’t really end. The characters got in their car and drove away, but the birds were still a problem.

THE THING was open ended. Was one guy an alien? Which guy?
    Yeah. That was the point. They were both eyeballing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    The TV show BENSON ends w. the election results never being revealed.

Actually, SOAP, the show Benson spun off from, ended w. several cliffhangers since the show was never renewed.
    Going back to the same era, Mork & Mindy ended with Mork and Mindy (and Merth) on the run with a time machine from an alien madman. They were in prehistoric times.

Quantum Leap's ending saddens me for a minute, and then really pisses me off. The feelings are still there, because recently, CometTV has been airing it. Ruined my day seeing it again.

TV has so so so many bad endings...
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Yeah. That was the point. They were both eyeballing each other.

Going back to the same era, Mork & Mindy ended with Mork and Mindy (and Merth) on the run with a time machine from an alien madman. They were in prehistoric times.

Quantum Leap's ending saddens me for a minute, and then really pisses me off. The feelings are still there, because recently, CometTV has been airing it. Ruined my day seeing it again.

TV has so so so many bad endings...
    Yeah, didn't the text on the screen for Quantum Leap's final episode at the end say "he never leapt home" or something like that? I never watched the show on a regular basis or anything, but even back then, I still thought that was extremely messed up.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I still don't know if Fox Mulder's sister was kidnapped and killed by a child killer or taken by aliens.