Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

good job

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    My grandfather had a saying. You can jump in the water, call yourself a fish, grow gills and breathe through them, swim around to the deepest depths and make yourself a home there. But no matter what you do, you will never become one with the water.

To me that is what the "One True Phoenix" means. After all of the various iterations, side stories, retcons, flashbacks, future projections, what ifs and what-abouts are done, after every conceivable character has wielded its power, even after they show us the face of the entity itself, only two people in all existence since the dawn of the cosmos can ever say that their life essence and the essence of the Phoenix is indistinguishable. If the Creator were to one day express a longing to see the Phoenix and summon it to appear in the presence of the Almighty, Jean, Rachel or the Phoenix Force could appear -- whether one of the three, or all of the three -- and the Creator would be content.
    That's more of a definition, that what I've been getting. To say its a host who shares the same essence as the Phoenix, makes pretty good sense of that term.

I'm trying to work with a fan collab Marvel Anime writer, and I wanted to make sure that, her new definitions of "One True Phoenix" doesn't stray too far from canon.

In this animated series, the title One True Phoenix belongs to two individuals and has two different definitions, due to how her story plays out. One True Phoenix in relation to Jean Grey, has to do with the fact the Phoenix had lost a part of itself, and after being able to perfectly expand all its powers within her, she became recognized as the "One True Phoenix".

The other revolves around another X-Man, and he becomes the "One True Phoenix" for a very different reason. He winds up bonding with a new Cosmic Entity, and... because he is somehow connected this mysterious Cosmic Origin, he is the one and only host that is the... genetic human incarnation or avatar, for said Cosmic Being. Like... the animator said a lot of metaphysical stuff with the singularity science and mathematics- she's awesome and very intelligent, but I can't recite what she said about him being the One True Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Rachel was called the one true Phoenix because she was a host longer than anyone else. But is that even an official term by any means, or just fans talking about their favorite Phoenix hosts?
    It is an official canon term, but it's never been defined with any depth. Even the Marvel Wiki and Marvel's official site, doesn't define what "One True Phoenix" means, in a dictionary style, full definition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    It is an official canon term, but it's never been defined with any depth. Even the Marvel Wiki and Marvel's official site, doesn't define what "One True Phoenix" means, in a dictionary style, full definition.
    I just told you how it was used. I’m almost positive it’s never been used outside the one time in Excalibur

didn't Jean said something like Screw you, Phoenix I'm out or something???

I doubt they are connected like they were in the past, that whole I AM the Phoenix regardless if I have the force inside me.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Attachment 96740
    Thanos Phoenix
    Was that a thing, or is this a work of yours? I mean that's fantastic! If this is a work of your own, you may wanna talk to the animator of the Marvel Anime Universe

I just told you how it was used. I’m almost positive it’s never been used outside the one time in Excalibur
    Hey I'm not sure of anything comic related (very little comic book experience, mind you), and I'm only asking cuz I'm friends with the... "executive producer" of this Marvel Anime Universe, and she's proposing a lotta crazy, but also creative, ideas around and... I just wanna know based on canon, since the animator is coming up with ideas of her own, due to "lack of solidity and development" in the Phoenix's overall story.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    didn't Jean said something like Screw you, Phoenix I'm out or something???

I doubt they are connected like they were in the past, that whole I AM the Phoenix regardless if I have the force inside me.
    That's the problem I have with these comics... there's been so many interpretations, retconns, and ****... and yea, Jean in recent comics basically said screw you, to the Phoenix Force so... in essence, I don't see how she is the "One True Phoenix" as, she wouldn't say something like that, if they were all so connected and ****. But hey, that's my logic.

BANNED

Hey I'm not sure of anything comic related (very little comic book experience, mind you), and I'm only asking cuz I'm friends with the... "executive producer" of this Marvel Anime Universe, and she's proposing a lotta crazy, but also creative, ideas around and... I just wanna know based on canon, since the animator is coming up with ideas of her own, due to "lack of solidity and development" in the Phoenix's overall story.
    you guys should just do your own thing. whenever i did fan fiction as a kid and didn't know a piece of lore, i just made it up. nobody will fault you for not directly adapting the intricate lore of the x universe

you guys should just do your own thing. whenever i did fan fiction as a kid and didn't know a piece of lore, i just made it up. nobody will fault you for not directly adapting the intricate lore of the x universe
    I know... but this IS making the statement of being "created by fans, FOR fans" as the slogan is. And... while it can be considered fanfiction... it's being done as an animated series, WITH fan collaboration to come in with plot contributions. This could still have more discriminating eyes than fanfics, since fanfics mostly exist in the world of internet literature. Basically, I just want the story to be good, and still... do some justice to the original.

OK, I am the One True Phoenix....'cause I have the Power and I ain't afraid to keep it and to use it!

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Has Doctor Doom possessed the Phoenix Force yet?
    Nah but mostly cause overall its quarantined to x books
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

Yeeeeah, but what does that actually mean by definition, is what I'm asking. What does it mean to be a "one true phoenix", or "true phoenix"?
    Phoenix was just a concept until Jean 'died' and was reborn. I don't care what contemporary twist is put on it -- such as the prehistoric Phoenix -- Jean was the one who took this cosmic force and shaped it into the Phoenix. Without her, it wouldn't exist as we know it. Anyone else who hosts the force is just a pretender.
    Last edited by kcekada; 05-16-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Jean Grey is one of many Phoenix Force hosts but she is regarded as the Phoenix Forces most compatible host. Jean has entered the M'Kraan Crystals White Hot Room and became the White Phoenix, the ultimate version of the Phoenix Force.
    Hope this helps.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    OK, I am the One True Phoenix....'cause I have the Power and I ain't afraid to keep it and to use it!
    LOL okay... I'll take that I guess XD

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Phoenix was just a concept until Jean 'died' and was reborn. I don't care what contemporary twist is put on it -- such as the prehistoric Phoenix -- Jean was the one who took this cosmic force and shaped it into the Phoenix. Without her, it wouldn't exist as we know it. Anyone else who hosts the force is just a pretender.
    I'm sorry but... I don't think that's true. Feron the Magician was actually the one who influenced the cosmic entity to take on the firebird form, and he existed long before Jean Grey. I believe he was the first human host, and used the Phoenix to build cosmic beacons throughout the multiverse (that's a story I'd love to see!). However, him being first was retconned when the cavewoman was introduced as the first human host.