Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Jean Grey is one of many Phoenix Force hosts but she is regarded as the Phoenix Forces most compatible host. Jean has entered the M'Kraan Crystals White Hot Room and became the White Phoenix, the ultimate version of the Phoenix Force.
    Hope this helps.
    While I do know of her being the most compatible host, and her evolution as White Phoenix, that does put it into perspective a bit. LOL it might be safe to assume the title "One True Phoenix" has a loose interpretation, and... that grants the upcoming anime series a little wiggle room with how they will use that term. That is, WITHIN the series, there are two bearing the title "One True Phoenix" and for two very different reasons.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

To the extent that future writers may see the term as negotiable, it wouldn't shock me if other "One True Phoenix" hosts are identified in years to come. Its just branding to them.

But early myths and quasi-religious lore do make more than one phoenix plausible. I believe it was the Gnostics who conceived of three paradisaical phoenixes. While their life cycles varied, there was never an attempt to further differentiate the birds. They were all true phoenix.

Personally, I wish Marvel would at least try to incorporate more of the mythos into the Phoenix Force. Whether one phoenix or multiple, these were rare birds given to exist for a period of at least 500 years before perishing. And they didn't always resurrect right away. It could take tens of thousands of years for the phoenix to rise from its ashes. Marvel handing out the Phoenix Force to a new host every other year is beyond ridiculous. The Phoenix Force is not a Green Lantern ring. They need to seriously get a grip before they do any more damage to fan appreciation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    I'm sorry but... I don't think that's true. Feron the Magician was actually the one who influenced the cosmic entity to take on the firebird form, and he existed long before Jean Grey. I believe he was the first human host, and used the Phoenix to build cosmic beacons throughout the multiverse (that's a story I'd love to see!). However, him being first was retconned when the cavewoman was introduced as the first human host.
    Sorry, but I don't buy anything that was added to her backstory after the Claremont/Byrne story.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Personally, I wish Marvel would at least try to incorporate more of the mythos into the Phoenix Force. Whether one phoenix or multiple, these were rare birds given to exist for a period of at least 500 years before perishing. And they didn't always resurrect right away. It could take tens of thousands of years for the phoenix to rise from its ashes. Marvel handing out the Phoenix Force to a new host every other year is beyond ridiculous. The Phoenix Force is not a Green Lantern ring. They need to seriously get a grip before they do any more damage to fan appreciation.
    The series' "executive producer" said what she really wants to do, is totally reinvent the Phoenix's story, introduce new powers and abilities, explore its relationship with a certain select few hosts, and... give definition to what it means for a host to become, "The One True Phoenix".

However, due to her ideas potentially being too radical, and different, she doesn't want to estrange (aka piss off) Marvel fans from this new story, soooo... her approach is to reinvent certain aspects of the Phoenix Force, change its relationship with Jean Grey for a fresh take, THEN... introduce a new cosmic counterpart to the Phoenix, who's One True Host is one of the other X-Men (his new cosmic costume is badass btw), and create a storyline revolving around this cosmic level rivalry, and why their rivalry exists.

This she said, would give her the opportunity to tell her unique story, involving some mythos and mysticism of the Phoenix, yet maintain Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force for fans that favor the traditional story.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Sorry, but I don't buy anything that was added to her backstory after the Claremont/Byrne story.
    That I feel is why the series' executive producer is introducing a rival for the Phoenix Force. She has some very intriguing ideas, and came up with innovative elements to bring to the Phoenix's story, and I love her redefining of what it means for a host to become "The One True Phoenix". However, she fears upsetting fans with something too unorthodox, hence, the new Phoenix Saga will revolve around the Phoenix Force vs its new Cosmic Rival. This way as per her opinion, traditionalists would still have Jean Grey as the Phoenix they know with minimal changes; meanwhile, all her new innovations, character development, use of mysticism and other elements, can be explored through this Cosmic Rival, and it's One True Host, who is one of the other X-Men.

I must say, from what I know of the plot, I think it would be pretty epic (yet kinda sad) to see Jean Grey having to face off one of her teammates, possessed by a rogue Cosmic Entity.

But her "innovative" ideas is also the REASON I'm here asking... the questions I'm asking lol
    Last edited by GMikey; 05-17-2020 at 06:26 PM.

That I feel is why the series' executive producer is introducing a rival for the Phoenix Force. She has some very intriguing ideas, and came up with innovative elements to bring to the Phoenix's story, and I love her redefining of what it means for a host to become "The One True Phoenix". However, she fears upsetting fans with something too unorthodox, hence, the new Phoenix Saga will revolve around the Phoenix Force vs its new Cosmic Rival. This way as per her opinion, traditionalists would still have Jean Grey as the Phoenix they know with minimal changes; meanwhile, all her new innovations, character development, use of mysticism and other elements, can be explored through this Cosmic Rival, and it's One True Host, who is one of the other X-Men.

I must say, from what I know of the plot, I think it would be pretty epic (yet kinda sad) to see Jean Grey having to face off one of her teammates, possessed by a rogue Cosmic Entity.

But her "innovative" ideas is also the REASON I'm here asking... the questions I'm asking lol
    Who is that executive producer and which comic???

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Who is that executive producer and which comic???
    It's not a comic (yet) but an upcoming Marvel Anime webseries, in which a lot of fans are collaborating in "production". There was a private sneak peek we got, and I'll say it's promising, but only time will tell LOL

The Phoenix Force already has a known cosmic rival, it has been featured in a few stories already.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

The goblin force was kinda nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    The Phoenix Force already has a known cosmic rival, it has been featured in a few stories already.
    Yeah I'll be honest, I like this new idea way better lol

To me, this is a better story and character concept; I like the character design, the name of the new entity, and the story of how it came to be. Its also a very NON-traditional cosmic entity, featuring powers and abilities I don't recall ever associated with cosmic forces in such way. And because of how its powers and abilities work, it virtually knows no equal, making it impossible to fight using power alone. This forces the Phoenix Force to get really creative in combat, and I love this challenge in power and even cosmic authority. Also, this new Cosmic Entity is being introduced as a cosmic antihero, adding complexity to its relationship with the Phoenix Force, making it not a true villain, nor a complete hero. Its antiheroic, rogue nature is also a very good suit for the X-Man chosen to be its host (and his new cosmic costume is bad ass, it's gonna be interesting seeing him as a cosmic antihero).

The best part of this story, is the fact this being has a "One True Host" of its own, which now pits two X-Men (Jean Grey and the other) against each other, yet they themselves do not wish to fight each other, but somewhat have no choice due two this cosmic rivalry. So... that alone I like far more than the Goblin force thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    The goblin force was kinda nonsense.
    Yes, that's why I like the new idea coming from this Marvel Anime series so much more.

This new cosmic being has a really unique origin story (esp. as a Cosmic Being) which involves its One True Host, an intriguing and innovative power set, I like what becomes its motives, and I'm really digging its relationship with its host, being one of the other X-Men (which will be really interesting to see him as a cosmic antihero. and I LOVE his new cosmic costume!)

And I love the rivalry and conflict between this new Cosmic Being and the Phoenix Force, how them being at odds, forces Jean Grey as the Phoenix and her own teammate, who has now become a virtually invincible Cosmic Being in his own right, to unwillingly fight each other. I'm really looking forward to how this X-Man is gonna have to deal with the very thing he runs from LOL

BANNED

I I think the thing about cosmic entities is that they have to remain in balance and get along somwlewhat realising their roles in the order. Of course you had lord order and chaos who would bicker but would still get along.

I think if you want an anathema to the phoenix force it should be something that represents stagnation or freezing things (like the concept of the big freeze or heat death) to contrast with the fiery nature of the bird and the concept of death and rebirth and evolution

The ideas sound interesting though I guess you can't share it?
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 05-18-2020 at 02:09 AM.

I I think the thing about cosmic entities is that they have to remain in balance and get along somwlewhat realising their roles in the order. Of course you had lord order and chaos who would bicker but would still get along.

I think if you want an anathema to the phoenix force it should be something that represents stagnation or freezing things (like the concept of the big freeze or heat death) to contrast with the fiery nature of the bird and the concept of death and rebirth and evolution

The ideas sound interesting though I guess you can't share it?
    That's what makes this new Cosmic Entity so cool to me. It doesn't know its role in cosmic order, and its misadventures places in finding its place causes a ton of butting of heads, and therefore, it's as the animator described it, a "cosmic outcast". Which is a perfect fit for the X-Man that becomes its or his "One True Host". And so, it has a hard time trying to "get along" with anyone, due to its sense of rebellion, lack of cosmic understanding, and its somewhat lack of control of its powers, which potentially can turn the very fabric of existence inside out, simply put (cuz I don't remember all that scieince and math explanation for its powers and abilities).

Bion it was proposed to the writer to make this being like a "cosmic ice" being, to serve as a true antithesis to the Phoenix. However she said according to mysticism doctrine (which she employs a lot into the story) the greatest opposite to something is actually near identical in nature. The conflicted origins of this new Cosmic Entity, makes it a disturbing reflection of the Phoenix, and so they have extreme enmity towards each other, over how and why it was born in the first place. That along with these Cosmic giants forcing their way through two X-Men (Jean as Phoenix, the other as "Cosmic Entity") who are unwillingly battling each other... it's very interesting. I don't recall a story like that.

Better than relaying the msg, I'll bring her here. She would love to get insight and input from fans of her ideas.

BANNED

That's what makes this new Cosmic Entity so cool to me. It doesn't know its role in cosmic order, and its misadventures places in finding its place causes a ton of butting of heads, and therefore, it's as the animator described it, a "cosmic outcast". Which is a perfect fit for the X-Man that becomes its or his "One True Host". And so, it has a hard time trying to "get along" with anyone, due to its sense of rebellion, lack of cosmic understanding, and its somewhat lack of control of its powers, which potentially can turn the very fabric of existence inside out, simply put (cuz I don't remember all that scieince and math explanation for its powers and abilities).

Bion it was proposed to the writer to make this being like a "cosmic ice" being, to serve as a true antithesis to the Phoenix. However she said according to mysticism doctrine (which she employs a lot into the story) the greatest opposite to something is actually near identical in nature. The conflicted origins of this new Cosmic Entity, makes it a disturbing reflection of the Phoenix, and so they have extreme enmity towards each other, over how and why it was born in the first place. That along with these Cosmic giants forcing their way through two X-Men (Jean as Phoenix, the other as "Cosmic Entity") who are unwillingly battling each other... it's very interesting. I don't recall a story like that.

Better than relaying the msg, I'll bring her here. She would love to get insight and input from fans of her ideas.
    Cosmic rebellion, sort of reminds me of phoenix itself, like when it occupied rachel and was experiencing the human experience, but was set straight by galactus
    And near identical to the phoenix reminds me of dark phoenix too when it was corrupted.

Hmm still it sounds interesting

Cosmic rebellion, sort of reminds me of phoenix itself, like when it occupied rachel and was experiencing the human experience, but was set straight by galactus
    And near identical to the phoenix reminds me of dark phoenix too when it was corrupted.

Hmm still it sounds interesting
    I remember reading about that story, and yes, while the Phoenix is kind of a rebel at times, and goes off the tangent as Dark Phoenix... it's much different from the new Cosmic Entity being introduced. The new Cosmic Entity is defined as a "young, but metapotent, and unnaturally powerful" entity, who's mere, mysterious existence posses a challenge (and threat) to cosmic order, but particularly the Phoenix Force itself (due to its origins). Because of, the Cosmic Entity is then made an outcast, which drives the being to pursue its mysterious mission/destiny and place (at all costs), and serves as a catalyst for its enmity towards the cosmic collective.

Its funny you mention Dark Phoenix, as it plays a significant role as to why the Phoenix Force fears and deeply loathes the new Cosmic Entity, and their animosity holds them both back.