Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mini A/M Smash Tournament Finals

• You have until next Thursday to vote. The winners will make it to the semifinal round. You can discuss each match on this thread, then vote for the winners here as well. edit: Voting is open to anyone who wants to join in.
    • The stages are taken from the Smash Bros Website. Only the stages, no items or other obstacles not part of the actual stage.
    • Each contestant has 10 count to recover from falling (or being knocked off) the stage, otherwise it is a ring-out.
    • Recovery from injury, being knocked unconscious, or death is a 10 count. Again, if they can't recover by the 10 count, it's a ring-out.
    • 3 Ring-outs is a loss/3 strikes and they're out.

Final Match

Stage: Dracula's Castle

Master Roshi (Jackalope89) vs Aizen (Bleach) (Darth Drizzle)

Once again, you can discuss the matches here, as well as vote here. The winner will be announced either by next Thursday or earlier if all the votes come in before then.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I mean, I don't think there's much debate here.

Aizen crushes Roshi with impunity. He's got far too many options.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, I don't think there's much debate here.

Aizen crushes Roshi with impunity. He's got far too many options.
    Probably.

Unless one wants to start a speed debate regarding Roshi's speed post Super.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

With Roshi not having any immidiate one shot killing moves Aizen has more than enough time to draw his sword and get Roshi under his Control. Or he can use various Kidou attacks that bind his movements, block his sight, or force him to use big energy attacks that take time to charge(even with their perception to speed) to break free while Aizen gets into position for a game ending strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Probably.

Unless one wants to start a speed debate regarding Roshi's speed post Super.
    Yup, that's pretty much the point of this final round, speed, and probably power level, like has he reached the point where he can casually one hit kill Aizen before Aizen draws his sword? Otherwise, my opinion on this one is pretty much Aizen does his thing at the bell.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't there a scene in Super where Roshi escapes from and illusion.

Also, I forget: do combatants get spotted common knowledge of their opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Advanced knowledge? No. However, they do get three tries. Which means that if one loses in the first attempt, they can take what they learned into the second attempt and third attempt. Of course, they would have to win at least 2 out of 3 to win the match.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Advanced knowledge? No. However, they do get three tries. Which means that if one loses in the first attempt, they can take what they learned into the second attempt and third attempt. Of course, they would have to win at least 2 out of 3 to win the match.
    Hmm, if roshi is afflicted by Aizen's zanpakuto in the first round, does that carry over to the next, or does Aizen have to reapply it?

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Aizens "illusions" worked on High Tiered Shinigamis, some who were a Thousand+ years old, and also had knowledge of his abilities and Retsu to try and counter it.

None of it worked or made a difference in any meaningful way, so Roshi breaking out of Aizen's power would be impossible whether it's the first, second, or third time. Plus if his knowledge about stays between rounds then his ability only needs to be applied once and it stays with you forever so Roshi would get no advantage even if he knew about it.

Would Aizen's abilities screw with Ki sensing? We know it does with riatsu and what not, but Ki and riatsu are different. If its not, and Roshi realizes he's under a nasty illusion, he could, theoretically, pinpoint Aizen and Mafuba him into the rice cooker. Or take a page out of Gohan's book, and expel energy for when Aizen gets close enough to strike.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Would Aizen's abilities screw with Ki sensing? We know it does with riatsu and what not, but Ki and riatsu are different. If its not, and Roshi realizes he's under a nasty illusion, he could, theoretically, pinpoint Aizen and Mafuba him into the rice cooker. Or take a page out of Gohan's book, and expel energy for when Aizen gets close enough to strike.
    It's also possible that, if he figures out he's in an illusion, he just points a Kamehameha at the ground and AOEs the guy

Extraordinary Member

It's also possible that, if he figures out he's in an illusion, he just points a Kamehameha at the ground and AOEs the guy
    He'd have to realise he's in an illusion. Which isn't so easy with Aizen's brand of illusion. Not only is it real advanced, he's also not the type to leave clues that his target is in an illusion. So Roshi would be thinking he's fighting Aizen one way while the real Aizen attacks him with impunity.

Since I never made it past the earliest Manga/Anime of Bleach, I looked Aizen up. I assume that this Aizen, the one in the Tournament, is the one without the Hōgyoku. the one from before he fused with it. I think the Hōgyoku takes him outside the power limits of the Tournament.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Since I never made it past the earliest Manga/Anime of Bleach, I looked Aizen up. I assume that this Aizen, the one in the Tournament, is the one without the Hōgyoku. the one from before he fused with it. I think the Hōgyoku takes him outside the power limits of the Tournament.
    The power cap for the tournament was Super Saiyan Goku, wasn't it?

I don't think Aizen ever got that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The power cap for the tournament was Super Saiyan Goku, wasn't it?

I don't think Aizen ever got that powerful.
    Fair enough. I was just basing this off of what I read and saw online, so I wasn't sure.