Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Colt didn't appear on Discovery because she would have been redundant. Essentially, Colt served the same purpose, character-wise, that Tilly serves, that of the young nervous officer, eager to prove herself.
    Watching television is not an activity.

1.Good Lord they must have zero faith in the show if they are looking for more memberberries this early. They already have Pike, Number One and Spock. If they are already bringing up T'Pring, at this rate they will probably have Kirk make an appearance at the end of the second season finale.

2. Every relationship of the Kurtzman era feels like it was written by a writer that thinks Trek is a CW show.

::Looks at Discovery::

Sigh. Discovery is basically CW show, but that doesn't mean that this has to be a CW show as well.

3. Just because they lucked out on the casting doesn't mean we are okay with you playing in the past. Let's just try to be happy with the memberberries we have and go out in space and do some exploring for now.

4.If a tree falls in the forrest does it make a sound? If Lower Decks had a session premier does anyone notice?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious about other TOS characters as well. I'm not sure if it's ever been established if any of the TOS regulars apart from Spock obviously (and probably Gary) might've actually been on the Enterprise under Pike as well. non-canon wise There's an old DC comic I think that has Scotty, for example, under Spock, No.1 & Pike. A lot of the "Expanded Universe" Trek stuff also seems to have McCoy, Uhura etc as part of Kirk's early crew, they were just off-screen or on a different shift or station during the events of WNMHGB. That's also the 'fanon' explanation as to how Khan recognizes Chekhov, he was simply assigned to some other part of Enterprise during SPACE SEED and somehow made an impression on Khan off-screen.

Also be interesting to have a new take on Colt, who is one CAGE character who didn't show up in Discovery.
    I'm making the assumption that SNW is set after DISC S2, which itself was set after "The Cage." I noticed that they didn't bring in either Colt or Jose Tyler during the DISC appearances. I'm curious if there will be some mention of it in the new series or if they'll just leave the more informed members of their audience to headcanon it away with something like "service people get transferred some times."

So anybody think that Mount will get to do the whole "Space...the final frontier" thing for the opening?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

So anybody think that Mount will get to do the whole "Space...the final frontier" thing for the opening?
    I really hope so, I bet he'd kill that.

Boisterously Confused

A bit torn about that. Mount would do it well, but it's such a TOS and TNG thing, I'd kind of like to see SNW have it's own thing.

All three series however feature an Enterprise, that's why it would fit. Although it's unclear about the length of Pike's mission/tenure (We know Enterprise skipped the Klingon "one year war" because it was out exploring) so I don't know what they'll do for the "mission" part; maybe ongoing or continuing like TWOK and TNG.

They don't necessarily have to use the TOS or TNG theme (apart from maybe the fanfare, which of course DSC still uses), maybe do something like the Animated series which had a unique theme that was still kind of Trekkish.

Also I think DSC makes a reference to Captain April, the original Enterprise captain, that Pike served under. So maybe we can finally get a live-action April.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-16-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Also I think DSC makes a reference to Captain April, the original Enterprise captain, that Pike served under. So maybe we can finally get a live-action April.
    Well, his command of the Enterprise was transferred to Pike in 2250. And he was later promoted to commodore that year. He could show up. Wasn't Robert voiced by James Doohan in TAS? And isn't one of his children an actor? Hmmm ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-16-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

I’d like to see Captain April make a brief appearance in a flash back scene of the Change of Command between him and Pike.

Incredible Member

Pretty sure there's no canon that says these three came onboard at the same time as Kirk so this works out I think. In fact I think Gary Mitchell is probably the only crew member that was specifically mentioned as being chosen by Kirk for his first command.

Kirk also brought McCoy onto the Enterprise. That's why there's a different doctor in Where No Man Has Gone Before.
    Watching television is not an activity.

So Number One has a name now, and we are getting younger versions of Uhura and Nurse Chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Kirk also brought McCoy onto the Enterprise. That's why there's a different doctor in Where No Man Has Gone Before.
    How McCoy got on the Enterprise was never established, with tie-ins making stuff up. Heck, some of the older books had McCoy come onboard before "Where No Man..." and explained the other doctor as a temp while McCoy was on a brief leave.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)