Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Spock and pretty much any Vulcan makes sense for them to be bi. I am surprised it is not already a thing.

I see ZERO problems with that.

And if Gene was onboard back in the day ... by all means, go for it!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Spock and pretty much any Vulcan makes sense for them to be bi. I am surprised it is not already a thing.

How's that make sense?

BANNED

It will make the least sense for Vulcans to be BI because Vulcan experience Pon Farr every 7 years and they are required a mate of the opposite sex to make sure they reproduce.

Also of all the Star Trek races, Vulcans have the most reputation for been very conservative in values and thought, which again makes them the least candidate race for them to be Bi

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    It will make the least sense for Vulcans to be BI because Vulcan experience Pon Farr every 7 years and they are required a mate of the opposite sex to make sure they reproduce.

Also of all the Star Trek races, Vulcans have the most reputation for been very conservative in values and thought, which again makes them the least candidate race for them to be Bi
    Bisexuality doesn't interfere with Pon Farr at all. Because it means you also are attracted to the opposite sex.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Sex and intimacy are two very different things, so it's not difficult to imagine a Vulcan having sex with a member of the opposite gender because it's a biological necessity while having romantic feelings for another of the same gender.

And sex and procreation are separate things as well, and the latter is not stated to be a necessity for Pon Farr or else Spock would have had dozens of brothers or sisters and sired dozens of children himself...and so far as we know he doesn't.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-15-2021 at 07:16 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Again, I see Vulcans as being 'attracted' to the mind and logic of others, not their gonads.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    How's that make sense?
    Well ...

This vvv
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Bisexuality doesn't interfere with Pon Farr at all. Because it means you also are attracted to the opposite sex.
    And this vvvv
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Sex and intimacy are two very different things, so it's not difficult to imagine a Vulcan having sex with a member of the opposite gender because it's a biological necessity while having romantic feelings for another of the same gender.

And sex and procreation are separate things as well, and the latter is not stated to be a necessity for Pon Farr or else Spock would have had dozens of brothers or sisters and sired dozens of children himself...and so far as we know he doesn't.
    And this VVV
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Again, I see Vulcans as being 'attracted' to the mind and logic of others, not their gonads.
    I think are a good summary of my opinion.

To me, if Spock and pretty much any Vulcan were bisexual, it would be logical to me because of the cultural norms and values they have as a race.

They aren't human and don't have human systems clogging up their ethos. Makes sense that it would be applied to sexuality.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And to take it further, the more I think about it the more I realize that being polyamorous is actually very logical/pragmatic, too. So in addition to being bisexual, Vulcans are probably good with polyamory as well.

Wow, this is a discussion I never thought I'd be having.

Vulcans like Sarek and (Vulcan-Romulan hybrids like) T'Pol have chosen to form life bonds with humans. If they're willing to go outside their species, I'm sure they're willing to be interested in Vulcans of the same sex. Now having said that, we've seen so many humans and aliens going outside their races for flirtations or relations, but that doesn't mean they're all bisexual... just more open to different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    And to take it further, the more I think about it the more I realize that being polyamorous is actually very logical/pragmatic, too. So in addition to being bisexual, Vulcans are probably good with polyamory as well.
    Not as good as Denobulans.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Not as good as Denobulans.
    Having not seen Enterprise (I've only watched a few episodes of the first season), I had to Google that lol but yes, you'd be correct!

ENT gets a bad wrap. S1 and 2 had some stinkers but it also had some great episodes, and s3 and 4 were a vast improvement. I genuinely recommend ENT.

Ultimate Member

I'd actually like to see a species not care about sex at all aside from reproductive purposes

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I'd actually like to see a species not care about sex at all aside from reproductive purposes
    Wasn't there a TNG episode with an androgynous race? A Riker dives right in?

Ultimate Member

Wasn't there a TNG episode with an androgynous race? A Riker dives right in?
    I think they were androgynous, but Idk if they didn't care about anything sexy

Probably won't happen, but with the series probably ending with Pike passing the torch to Kirk, it would be kind of cool if they had Chris Hemsworth as "Prime" George Kirk watch his son become Captain.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth