Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Spring 2022? Cool. From what I've seen of the upcoming show it sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Spring 2022? Cool. From what I've seen of the upcoming show it sounds reasonable.
    Indeed. This is one of the most promising nuTrek projects IMHO. Let me not be a victim of hype, however!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I feel I've been waiting too long for this but 5mo out more I can bear it!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Indeed. This is one of the most promising nuTrek projects IMHO. Let me not be a victim of hype, however!
    Let's hope not

Mighty Member

SNW release date confirmed

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds boards the USS Enterprise on Thursday May 5, as streaming service Paramount Plus confirms release dates and further seasons for Trek series Picard, Lower Decks, Prodigy and Discovery.

I'll start watching it sometime in April then. My mind is blown they are trying to coax viewers back to releasing episodes one week at a time.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll start watching it sometime in April then. My mind is blown they are trying to coax viewers back to releasing episodes one week at a time.
    Netflix spoiled some people I guess, TV shows have always been weekly.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mighty Member

It's better for the show, and for the platform. Keeps people talking about it longer. Makes it appointment viewing. Generally keeps it in the cultural consciousness for a longer period. Also makes it easier to keep up and avoid spoilers.

Less convenient maybe. But I know A LOT of people that much prefer the weekly model.

I love weekly shows, especially for cliffhangers.

I think event miniseries should be binge watching... but so many shows are now only 6-13 episodes of a single storyline so they might as well be miniseries.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Netflix spoiled some people I guess, TV shows have always been weekly.
    Not always anymore cause as you note Netflix shook that model up for years and yep, folks got used to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    It's better for the show, and for the platform. Keeps people talking about it longer. Makes it appointment viewing. Generally keeps it in the cultural consciousness for a longer period. Also makes it easier to keep up and avoid spoilers.

Less convenient maybe. But I know A LOT of people that much prefer the weekly model.
    I do understand that perspective. I'm just not interested. If I have time to watch 3-4 episodes that is how I want it to go. My time. Great for folks who want to keep watching like it's 1985 and you may miss who shot J.R.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Not always anymore cause as you note Netflix shook that model up for years and yep, folks got used to that.

I do understand that perspective. I'm just not interested. If I have time to watch 3-4 episodes that is how I want it to go. My time. Great for folks who want to keep watching like it's 1985 and you may miss who shot J.R.
    Except they didn't change it as every other streaming service does weekly and so does television...which means binging is the minority.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Kind of wondering if they'll clear up some of the confusion around Colt. Discovery season 2 had a crewmember named Colt but was obviously different from the CAGE/MENAGERIE one....and I'm not talking about just a different actress.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Colt
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Wagon Train to the Stars!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

What should we expect from Strange new worlds. If it is the same people behind Picard and Discovery, low chance this series will be amazing star trek.