Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Can Nyota Uhura return. orignal character who never got much development in TOS but can have one now.

I don’t really want any other main characters from Trek to show up in this besides Spock. We know we’re moving towards TOS, we don’t need to beat the audience over the head with it.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I don’t really want any other main characters from Trek to show up in this besides Spock. We know we’re moving towards TOS, we don’t need to beat the audience over the head with it.
    If Spock weren't in the cast, I'd say Mudd. But they should respect those two being strangers in their first TOS meeting.

What if the show ended with Kirk assuming command?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

This is Howard Kurtzman you will be beat over the head, repeatedly. Get ready to see Scotty and Uhura.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-10-2021 at 09:14 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That would be a logical end to the series. Of course, this is Hollywood we're talking about.

Ultimate Member

This is kinda the problem with going back in time instead of moving forward. While I always like to see the characters again, I don't know if they'll be done correctly under the new regime.

That's fine, because it fits with the narrative. I suppose I wouldn't mind Scotty showing up once or twice either to establish his relationship with the Enterprise, but that's it.

BANNED

What if they really make Kirk Bisexual.

I see people flaunting this theory on twitter and William Shtaner even had to respond.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

I see people flaunting this theory on twitter and William Shtaner even had to respond.
    Maybe not respond to every crazy theory.

So what if they do?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't think (hope) that Kirk isn't in it enough to have that matter.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I want to actually see "Strange New Worlds"

Although it's an odd title for a series based in an era we already know so much about

BANNED

So what if they do?
    Kindly elaborate the point.

I think they would in the end, Discovery has it very bold with their diversity and inclusion pledge even if they are not doing it as good as the older star wars shows, Kirk is a big character and maybe a top 3 iconic trek character, so making him bisexual or having him, bi when he was a young man still finding his way, I see Star Trek Strange New World doing. They have already done so with another very iconic character, who I will not say if you have not seen Picard.

Astonishing Member

I think they would in the end, Discovery has it very bold with their diversity and inclusion pledge even if they are not doing it as good as the older star wars shows, Kirk is a big character and maybe a top 3 iconic trek character, so making him bisexual or having him, bi when he was a young man still finding his way, I see Star Trek Strange New World doing. They have already done so with another very iconic character, who I will not say if you have not seen Picard.
    When you think about it, who knows if our definitition of genders would map evenly across aliens anyway. Even in the animal kingdom, women are bigger and stronger and men are weaker and "prettier".

It wouldn't necessarily be a story that needed to be told. They also clearly have crazy plastic surgery abilities in the future, that universe is probably a lot easier if you were trans for example.