Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: August Solicits

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Well let’s see I’m probably getting the following, but this list is subject to change based on a whim

DCeased: Dead Planet #2-I was already a huge fan of this series, no way I’m skipping the sequel.
    Dark Nights: Death Metal #3-I’m already in on Snyder’s stories
    Death Metal Guidebook- I’m interested in both the stories being told but also Zdarksy writing for DC on Death Metal
    Legion of Superheroes #8- I’m already reading Legion
    Young Justice #17- Again, I’m already reading

I am wondering where Shazam is at though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Batman: Three Jokers #1
    Action Comics #1024
    The Batman’s Grave #9
    Hawkman #26
    The Question: The Deaths Of Vic Sage #4
    Superman #24

Justice League Dark #25
    Wonder Woman: Dead Earth #4
    Green Lantern: Earth One Vol. 2
    The Green Lantern Season 2 #6

I should probably wait for the trade for 3 Jokers, but I might not be able to wait...
    otherwise:
    - The Green Lantern
    - Green Lantern: Earth One #2
    - The Question
    - The Legion of Superheroes

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Batman and the Outsiders #15
    Young Justice #17
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Kinda interested in giving the new JL team a try. Its something different, at least.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

It does look like a bad month, so much of this stuff come off as "grim dark" as the worst of the New 52. Batman events featuring an unbeatable Joker (TWO at the same time), evil Supermen, apocalyptic alt-takes, DC really hasn't changed its mindset all that much, despite trying to distance themselves from the New 52.

There are some gems though.

I guess my list is short enough to post, but between coronavirus and my own apathy, who knows if I'll stick with them?
    1) Batman and the outsiders#15; the ras al ghul storyline has gone on for too long.
    2) Batman/ Superman #11; resolicit.
    3)passing on joker war But the detective comics solicit sounds interesting.
    4) legion of super heroes; have no clue when issues 4-7 are supposed to come out; what's the holdup?
    5) Superman 24
    6) teen titans 44 and annual 2; again, wasn't the annual supposed to kick off this story? I hope Damian is grounded for life after this.
    Last edited by protege; 05-15-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Nothing for me.

Supergirl and the Terrifics are now digital exclusive for their remaining issues. They're both also ending soon.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50238-supe...-issue-42.html
    https://www.newsarama.com/50237-dc-s...mber-s-30.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    It does look like a bad month, so much of this stuff come off as "grim dark" as the worst of the New 52. Batman events featuring an unbeatable Joker (TWO at the same time), evil Supermen, apocalyptic alt-takes, DC really hasn't changed its mindset all that much, despite trying to distance themselves from the New 52.

There are some gems though.

I don't disagree.

DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL #3
    BATMAN BEYOND #46
    HAWKMAN #26
    THE QUESTION: THE DEATHS OF VIC SAGE #4

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    4) legion of super heroes; have no clue when issues 4-7 are supposed to come out; what's the holdup?
    issue 4 is already out, and I think 5 comes out June 6 ? So 6 should be out in July, possibly with 7 ?

Batman, Superman, Action, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Young Justice, JL, Teen Titans, Legion, Death Metal for me. And would have picked up Shazam.

Much shorter list than I used to have. After a 2 month forced break, I am definitely editing down my list. No more picking up titles out of habit, especially if the main characters are being mistreated or the title is perpetually treading water. I'm also done with revolving doors of writers...when I see a writer committed for the long haul I'm going to be far more interested, since that's where great series emerge.
    Rereading my older favorites during the shutdown has reminded me of this hard! (Morrison JLA, Johns JSA, Robinson's Starman, Wolfman's TT).

Can't help but notice how many titles are ending (or ending the run of the writer): Final writer's arc for Flash, final issues for Harley Quinn, Supergirl, The Terrifics.
    Wonder how much of this was positioning for the now ill-fated 5G?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    legion of super heroes; have no clue when issues 4-7 are supposed to come out; what's the holdup?
    Issues 4 and 5 are out already. You can buy them now. Issue 6 is coming out in the second week of June (the 9th) and issue 7 is coming out July the 28th.

Hope that helps.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.