Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: August Solicits

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Supergirl and the Terrifics are now digital exclusive for their remaining issues. They're both also ending soon.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50238-supe...-issue-42.html
    https://www.newsarama.com/50237-dc-s...mber-s-30.html
    While this would normally be super-annoying, Supergirl has been so bad for so long, it's hard to care.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Did Lucifer get stealth-axed?
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Red Hood Outlaw 48 - Definitely sounds like its ending at 50 by the solicit.
    Question Many Deaths of Vic Sage 4 - When does issue 3 come out?
    Green Lantern Earth One Volume 2 - Volume One was one of the best of the Earth One Line.

BANNED

Whoa I’m very tempted to preorder that Batman Demon trilogy hc

Thoughts:

- I'm dubiously curious what Johns' final statement on Batman will be with Three Jokers. Will it be worth the hype? Who can say...

- Everything about Death Metal sounds so...Snyder. Like all the craziness, post-apocalyptic, randomness of it all. Yeah, how much edgier can the Batman Who Laughs get? "Wanna be Robin" is probably Jarro. And Harley finds love that's not Ivy?

- I enjoyed Kami Garcia's Raven GN, so I'm interested to see what her take on Beast Boy is.

- A Swamp Thing Young Adult GN? Featuring Alec Holland's original twin brother? Okay.

- I thought the first Green Lantern: Earth One book was solid, so I'll probably check out the second installment. It feels like the Earth One books are kind of finished though.

- Joker War sounds like a rehash of Endgame, except now Batman has to reunite the Batfamily, needs Catwoman to come in for the clutch (again), and more Harley.

- Sounds like something happens to Barbarba's chip that puts her back in the hospital. Is this to knock out Batgirl for 5G?

- Batwoman back in 'Tec feels like a nice nod to her history with the title.

- I'm kind of happy to see Harley's title finally ending...but I'm sure it'll get relaunched.

- I know this building up to bringing Dick back, but having "Ric" get brainwashed into fighting the Batfamily just feels like more derailing of the Nightwing title.

- Jackson in Xebel? I wonder if he'll meet Siren and Nereus.

- That Outsiders cover with Black Lightning reminds me of his role in the live action Crisis on Infinite Earths.

- I'm hyped for "Finish Line" and the return of the Flash Family...but Barry possessed by Thawne and needing to be saved by the Flash Family again? At least Bart finally shows up.

- With Kendra in limbo, I guess that leaves Shayera as the only Hawk-lady. And she's in the actual Hawkman book too. Huh.

- That JLD cover reminds me of the Brave and the Bold episode with vampire Batman and the JLI.

- Justice League continues to be playing musical chairs with its creative team, just sticking with the same five Leaguers, but I'm kind of curious what Jeff Loveness' take is. Although I feel like I've seen enough Black Mercy stories.

- Jessica Cruz and time travel? Again?

Just the Flash for me and that teaser Williamson posted has me excited.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

More Earth-One is great. Surprised they're adding Jon so early.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- I'm dubiously curious what Johns' final statement on Batman will be with Three Jokers. Will it be worth the hype? Who can say...
    Lmao what even was his “statement” on Batman before? “Bruce is a dick and needs a good punch in the face”? Not really a groundbreaking statement. I am curious about Johns Joker though, I don’t think he’s ever written the Joker before.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I guess my list is short enough to post, but between coronavirus and my own apathy, who knows if I'll stick with them?
    1) Batman and the outsiders#15; the ras al ghul storyline has gone on for too long.
    2) Batman/ Superman #11; resolicit.
    3)passing on joker war But the detective comics solicit sounds interesting.
    4) legion of super heroes; have no clue when issues 4-7 are supposed to come out; what's the holdup?
    5) Superman 24
    6) teen titans 44 and annual 2; again, wasn't the annual supposed to kick off this story? I hope Damian is grounded for life after this.
    Batman does need to deal with Robin but grounded for life? I don't recall the JL retiring after mind wiping villains and heroes.
    I don't see Batman retiring or even getting rid of his 2 illegal secret jails.

No they realised [some of them anyway] the errors they made, changed and tried to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao what even was his “statement” on Batman before? “Bruce is a dick and needs a good punch in the face”? Not really a groundbreaking statement. I am curious about Johns Joker though, I don’t think he’s ever written the Joker before.
    Joker was in Infinite Crisis. I think he was in one scene with the Royal Flush Gang and another where Luthor sicks him on Alexander because he didn't invite Joker into the Secret Society.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Solicits are back!

batgirl #48
    amethyst #5
    aquaman #62
    the green lantern season two #6
    wonder woman: dead earth #4

Trade waiting: dark nights: death metal #3

Astonishing Member

Excited for GL Earth One.

Volume 1 was great, I actually just finihed re reading it last night.

Some thoughts and ponderings:

No listing for Event Leviathan: Checkmate. In fact, I can't find anything on it other than the rescheduled #1 for June 3rd.
    Could this be going digital-only as well?

Still nothing for the last two issues of Batman Vs. R'as Al Ghul....I have a feeling DC will dump these out at the end of the year in the digital-only format as well.

Another fill-in story arc for Justice League? Is this because the book was going to end for 5G, but now isn't, and they're (sort of) scrambling to find a new ongoing team? (I gotta say, I'm already tired of the Big 5/6....I want a larger team!).

Bummed to see that, just like Hawkman, Justice League Dark isn't getting an Anniversary issue...they've earned it!

Glad to see Dexter Soy back on Batman & the Outsiders!

Is this REALLY what Legion of Super-Heroes needs right now??

Wonder Woman already has a fill-in artist?? Don't know much about Janin....does he have a deadline problem?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Three Jokers
    Beast Boy OGN
    Swamp Thing OGN
    Super Sons Omnibus
    Clay Mann's portfolio

Walker Holland's a new character?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Batman: Three Jokers #1
    Red Hood: Outlaw #48
    The Dreaming: Waking Hours #1
    Batman and the Outsiders #15

I'm really not looking forward to RH:O #48. I hate tie-ins - and since the run is supposed to end with #50, this is especially annoying.