Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: August Solicits

Mighty Member

So is Kelly Sue off Aquaman? Or is this just a two issue fill-in?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Some thoughts and ponderings:

No listing for Event Leviathan: Checkmate. In fact, I can't find anything on it other than the rescheduled #1 for June 3rd.
    Could this be going digital-only as well?
    I think #2 is scheduled for June 30. (What used to be called Wed, July 1. When the last day of the month is a Tuesday, Comichron is going to have a lot of fun tracking sales stats! That's probably the least of their problems.)

If they are printing Event Checkmate #2, then I think they are unlikely to switch to digital for #3. It may just be delayed.

For June, I'm going by this source from 5/6:

https://www.newsarama.com/50099-dc-s...ries-more.html

But that was "revised" - was there yet a later revision I missed? How could I possibly know?!

It's really hard to nail things down because schedules keep changing a bit... and hard to say what the latest facts are, as the info dribbles out in articles that move off the homescreens of various sites.

You can easily find solicitations at CBR as they have consistent URLs and are all aggregated if you start at https://www.cbr.com/tag/solicitations/ , or by searching Newsarama through Google; but the recent articles describing May, June and July on-sales? Good luck. That info is simply scattered in the occasional news article, and those articles are hard to find if you don't bookmark them. This info should be pinned to home pages and updated as things change, shouldn't it?!

And then you have to remember that due to a delivery problem, Diamond will be a week late with SOME of the books it was going to ship for on-sale May 20. Also from news articles. But those books MAY still be available through stores that are using the alternate distributors - I doubt anyone actually knows.

For July, I think this might be the list in an article from 5/13:

https://www.newsarama.com/50201-dc-s...-schedule.html

I don't think DC is going to "mess with" any book by Bendis, Snyder, Tynion or Williamson, and by "mess" I mean throw it to digital but make no announcement and let it die on the vine with no marketing. (Do they expect LCS to market these books for them? As in "Go to comixology.com and here let me spell that for you, and you can start buying all your back issues there too! No reason to come in here anymore.")

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I think it's just a fill in. At least I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I think the writer got KSD permission to write it, so I think it's just a fill-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Sounds like something happens to Barbara's chip that puts her back in the hospital. Is this to knock out Batgirl for 5G?
    Possibly. Not the first time Babs has damaged her chip though. Obviously it'll now end with it being repaired again - but honestly, they should just have her share the mantle. Maybe give Cassandra (Outsiders seems to be setting up her ditching the Orphan name) a book called Batgirl and the Signal, with Duke co-starring, while Babs keeps her solo book? Who would 5G Batgirl have been anyway?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- I thought the first Green Lantern: Earth One book was solid, so I'll probably check out the second installment. It feels like the Earth One books are kind of finished though.
    Still holding out hope for Batman Earth One Volume 3 sometime in 2020. Last check it was around 95% done. So who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Possibly. Not the first time Babs has damaged her chip though. Obviously it'll now end with it being repaired again - but honestly, they should just have her share the mantle. Maybe give Cassandra (Outsiders seems to be setting up her ditching the Orphan name) a book called Batgirl and the Signal, with Duke co-starring, while Babs keeps her solo book? Who would 5G Batgirl have been anyway?
    Personally I don’t like it when DC plays with recrippling Barbara. They made their bed with bringing her back as Batgirl, now they have to live with it, the idea of reversing what they’ve done would frankly be disgusting to me.

I think we need a Batgirls book, they have Barbara, Steph, and Cassandra all running around at the same time in the batfamily and each have their own fan base. Make a trio Batgirl team and you’ll probably get readers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Surprised that Harley is ending.

I would expect a quick relaunch on that one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I'd really like for Bat/Cat to come out someday. It's been over a year since they announced it!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I'd really like for Bat/Cat to come out someday. It's been over a year since they announced it!
    Yep, I know they announced the series early because of rumors about King getting fired but Mann has been working on interior art since at least October so he should be halfway done by now.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, I know they announced the series early because of rumors about King getting fired but Mann has been working on interior art since at least October so he should be halfway done by now.
    That would be my hope but Mann is a pretty slow artist.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Aquaman #62
    Flash #759
    Flash #760

Possibly Death Metal. I'm waiting to hear just how much Wally has to do with it before jumping into ANOTHER 'event'.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Batman: Three Jokers #1
    Young Justice #17 only for the love of the characters

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

Three Jokers
    DCeased Planet
    Death Metal
    Death Metal : LoTDK
    Death Metal: Guidebook
    Green Lantern: Earth One
    Batman
    Detective Comics