Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I wonder which artist is doing which Legionnaire. Shanner seems like a lock for Jon/Superboy, I'd imagine. Or maybe Sook for Jon/Superboy if he's not doing just the overall framing device? Jones maybe for Dream Girl or Saturn Girl? Hmm, gonna have to give it some thought. Might be fun to guess.
    I'd assume Joelle Jones and Bliquis Everly are probably doing at least one female Legionnaire...Alex Maleev might do Shadow Lass since I think her new look would fit well with his art.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd assume Joelle Jones and Bliquis Everly are probably doing at least one female Legionnaire...Alex Maleev might do Shadow Lass since I think her new look would fit well with his art.
    I almost want to say Meleev will do Dawnstar, and Nguyen with his swirly and wispy style will take on Shadow Lass.

I just realized Jurgens was on this too. I had the thought that he may be doing Jon's section, but I really think it's more likely its Shaner or Sook. Jurgens might get Mon-El. Mon's design by Sook seems to evoke a very classic look that I feel would fit Jurgens. Lemire seems like a lock for Monster Boy, and I'll bet you pretty much anything that Darick Robertson is doing Timber Wolf. Bendis has said multiple times that his version of Timber Wolf is inspired directly from Robertson's Logan, so this would be the perfect time to see that realized completely.

Still blows my mind that this is happening. Putting a specific artist to each and every character of the Legion will go a really long way with communicating the feel of the character to the reader. Like saying "if they had a solo all to themselves, this is what it would feel like." Takes a good bit of weight off Bendis' shoulders for a bit when it comes to screen time or general confusion as to who all of these people even are, but then adds on the new weight of "well, now I want you to get to so-n-so's story more", and I imagine that's far better trade off.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I almost want to say Meleev will do Dawnstar, and Nguyen with his swirly and wispy style will take on Shadow Lass.

I just realized Jurgens was on this too. I had the thought that he may be doing Jon's section, but I really think it's more likely its Shaner or Sook. Jurgens might get Mon-El. Mon's design by Sook seems to evoke a very classic look that I feel would fit Jurgens. Lemire seems like a lock for Monster Boy, and I'll bet you pretty much anything that Darick Robertson is doing Timber Wolf. Bendis has said multiple times that his version of Timber Wolf is inspired directly from Robertson's Logan, so this would be the perfect time to see that realized completely.

Still blows my mind that this is happening. Putting a specific artist to each and every character of the Legion will go a really long way with communicating the feel of the character to the reader. Like saying "if they had a solo all to themselves, this is what it would feel like." Takes a good bit of weight off Bendis' shoulders for a bit when it comes to screen time or general confusion as to who all of these people even are, but then adds on the new weight of "well, now I want you to get to so-n-so's story more", and I imagine that's far better trade off.
    Yeah, I think multiple artists for a spotlight issue is a good move, it's more just how it'll all come together in the actual issue that should be interesting to see .

Plus, Bendis love his artist montages .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm excited for METAL 2. The first one had such a soundtrack to it.

Might check out those JL issues, too.

Maybe a bit overdone in recent years, I like stuff featuring the Black Mercy, and I'm interested in a new talent on JL. I might try that out, first main line book I've considered the whole year.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Maybe a bit overdone in recent years, I like stuff featuring the Black Mercy, and I'm interested in a new talent on JL. I might try that out, first main line book I've considered the whole year.
    I initially groaned at seeing the Black Mercy again, but it’s last appearance was in Trinity Rebirth so it has been a couple years and it’s Loveness, so I’m going to give him a shot.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Just be aware, Scott Snyder already said that book will go into crossover mode and tie into Death Metal so that current JL run is fill in.

Ahh I see thanks for the heads up. That's fine though, just a small run will be good enough, when it comes to team books I find that I rarely stay on for long periods of time anyway. I tend to jump on and off as it is.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just be aware, Scott Snyder already said that book will go into crossover mode and tie into Death Metal so that current JL run is fill in.
    If it wasn't for the fact Superman outing himself has been mentioned, I'd have thought maybe they were like the Walmart books. But those use classic status quos (Superman is married but doesn't have a son), not mainline continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman