Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Default Make a DND cast!

You are putting together a group of adventurers to combat the various evils through a DnD world(s), be it Faerun, Greyhawk, etc.....

The catch?

You must pick characters from established fiction to fill the Class roles of the group. Nothing but true God Tier is off limits, however you do need to keep a reasonable power level that won’t just walk all over the world they get teleported to.

So, who’s your chosen:

-Paladin
    -Fighter
    -Rogue
    -Ranger
    -Barbarian
    -Druid
    -Sorcerer
    -Bard
    -Wizard
    -Warlock
    -Cleric
    -Monk
    -Artificer

What particular path or sub-class does each follow? Do they get along? What world would you put them in?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    You are putting together a group of adventurers to combat the various evils through a DnD world(s), be it Faerun, Greyhawk, etc.....

The catch?

You must pick characters from established fiction to fill the Class roles of the group. Nothing but true God Tier is off limits, however you do need to keep a reasonable power level that won’t just walk all over the world they get teleported to.
    Seems pretty easy to me...

So, who’s your chosen:

-Paladin
    Cecil!

-Fighter
    Kain? Since I don't think "Dragoon" would translate that well and apparently he has a -1 on his Will saves.

-Rogue
    Locke! But you better call him TREASURE HUNTER.

-Ranger
    Gau? Under Pathfinder rules at least they have an archetype for a "Wild Child" that is raised by beasts. Same basic concept here.

-Barbarian
    Umaro! The True Berserker of Final Fantasy himself!

-Druid
    Ugh. the "get power from Nature" thing is a bit under represented. Maybe a Geomancer from Tactics. Or one of the V guys with the Beastmaster and Geomancer Jobs mastered.

-Sorcerer
    Terra. Good ol' "Power from within because of my Bloodline".

-Bard
    The Spooniest of bards himself! Edward!

-Wizard
    Tellah strikes me as the master of book-learning Magic. Him or Fu-So-Ya.

-Warlock
    I thought Faerun and Greyhawk were < 3.5, and thus didn't have a separate Warlock class??

Anyway from what I know, it's a mix of magic and fighting skills, so we'll pick either of the V people we didn't pick earlier and give them the Mystic Knight Job Class. And maybe some Red mage.

-Cleric
    Well for "Holy Person" and "Healer/Defense archetype" together, Yuna seems like a pretty good pick. Spoils my record of using only SNES era FF, but still.

-Monk
    Sabin > Yang, fight me anyone who disagrees.

Alya would be another fun pick though. As would Tifa.

-Artificer
    Definitely SOMEONE named Cid. You could pick pretty much any of them. Edgar Figaro would work too, and he's got a better track record with fighting, but still.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

For Warlock you gain magic by pact with a supernatural force. Easiest class from there is Hex Blade, in which your source of power is a magic weapon.

-Druid
    Liam Neeson.

Ra's-al-Ghul_Purging-Fire.jpg

Hmmm... I did stat an Incinaroar out as a Brawler (basically a Monk without the cool Ki stuff) in Pathfinder the other day after seeing someone suggest that for 5th ed D&D. Maybe I should see if I could do that for all of the archetypes you mentioned, and fill them all with Pokémon.

Chous. All of them, Chous. ( yes this is a pun post and yes I home brewed a Chou race. And not God tier stuff here.)

As for where we go, Ravenloft to kick Strainds ass.

Paladin:

Oath of Vengeance Chou.

Fighter: Monster Hunter.

Rogue: Thief.

Ranger: Swarm Keeper.

Barbarian: Zealot.

Druid: Circle of the Moon.

Sorcerer: Draconic Blood alone, Bronze.

Bard: Lore.

Wizard: Evocation, duh.

Warlock: Hex Blade

Cleric: Life.

Monk: Radiant Soul

Artificer: Artillerist. Now rig up some big guns.

Chou stats:

Pros:
    Cannot be charmed or put asleep
    They never sleep
    Natural armor so their flesh is medium armor
    + Strength, Con and Dex due to coming from and evolving from a death world.

Cons: They cannot wear armor. They have natural wisdom - due to not knowing much outside their culture. They live short lives ( oldest is 50s.) Healing takes longer so less heal back each time.

Lastly in the home brew works, Chous are hated. Like badly due to appearance most think they are some mutant tieflings.

Appearance: Given they come from a world with constant solar bombardament, they have shiny armored hides. They are akin to reptile folk with magical gem growths. Fire head gem, eye gems, chest, stomach and on their tail. Due to growths they do not wear armor.

Bonus feats: Chous are naturally magical and have two free spells once a day.

Misty Step
    Magic Missile.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 05-15-2020 at 06:01 PM.

-Paladin
    Ugh... maybe Brienne of Tarth? Paladin’s don’t need to be religious - it’s about their oath, so... maybe Oath of the Crown?
    -Fighter
    Mad Martigan (Champion, maybe...?)
    -Rogue
    I was so close to going the Westley / Dread Pirate Roberts (Swashbuckler sub-class) route, but it’s really got to be Carmen Sandiego (Thief), hasn’t it?
    -Ranger
    Geralt of Rivia (Monster Hunter sub-class)
    -Barbarian
    Stronger and tougher when angry? I’ll spin it up and go current She-Hulk.
    -Druid
    Radagast is much TOO obvious (c’mon... he’s a Druid, not a Wizard). Snowbird is another obvious example, or maybe Caiera the Oldstrong, but there’s already a lot of Marvel in here, so I’ll go with Bigby from Fables (Circle of the Moon). Failing that, Swamp Thing (Circle of the Land, Swamp).
    -Sorcerer
    Jonathan Strange (Chaos Sorcerer)
    -Bard
    Taliesin from Stephen Lawhead’s Pendragon series (College of Glamour, maybe?)
    -Wizard
    Mr Norrell (Conjuration, probably, or maybe Enchantment)
    -Warlock
    Elric of Melniboné (Hexblade), maybe...? The most obvious examples were things like The Hood in Marvel (The Fiend), or maybe Puck from A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Arch Fey), but they don’t tend to play well with others. Finding a caster Warlock in particular is tricky, especially one who could be part of this party. Mordo channels a lot of power from invocations, but he’s also got his own innate power. Also... scumbag. In Marvel (yet again!), Modred the Mystic would be a classic Pact of the Tome for either Fiend or Great Old One, but once again he’s a raging shitbag. Black Alice uses other beings’ magical power, but not consistently the same being(s). Oh, I guess someone like Isis from DC as Warlock of the Celestial, but then I probably need her as a Cleric, because that is a seriously difficult class.
    -Cleric
    I really, really struggled here. So yeah, I’ll go with Isis.
    -Monk
    Sunny from Into the Badlands (Way of the Kensei)
    -Artificer
    Iron Man (Armourer sub-class, which is still playtest anyway) seems way too obvious. Failing that... the Doctor, maybe...? Or Will Magnus (Battle Smith, because they’re the ones who get the Steel Defender). Yeah, let’s go with Will Magnus.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Seems pretty easy to me...

Well for "Holy Person" and "Healer/Defense archetype" together, Yuna seems like a pretty good pick. Spoils my record of using only SNES era FF, but still.
    Er…. what about Rosa, or would the bow disqualify her?

Was honestly thinking about answering "Ramza Beoulve" to all of these, but there are a few he would be hard-pressed to fill. Only FFT might be possible....

If you were going for Ayla from Chrono Trigger for Monk, wouldn't Lucca work well for Artificer?

Heh, only FF14 -

Paladin - Aymeric de Borel.
    Fighter - Raubahn Aldynn. Giott would work as well.
    Rogue - Thancred Waters.
    Ranger - Guildmaster Lucianne…. maybe G'raha Tia. Renda-Rae if we can go back in time.
    Barbarian - Curious Gorge.
    Druid - Kan-E-Senna.
    Sorcerer - Lalai Lai, perhaps?
    Bard - the Wandering Minstrel.
    Wizard - Y'shtola Rhul.
    Warlock - Emet-Selch. Honorable mention - Ysayle Dangoulain. Opposite mention - the Warrior of Light.
    Cleric - Alphinaud might work here. Surito Carito might be a nice substitute.
    Monk - Louisoix Leveilleur…. oh, alright, Lyse Hext.
    Artificer - Either Cid nan Garlond, Nero tol Scaeva, or Godbert Manderville, though the last is probably too powerful.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

I'll try a Buffyverse edition (using "good" characters only)...

- Paladin
    Angel. A champion of the Powers That Be. Swore to atone for his sins as Angelus. The "holy" thing might be problematic, but oh well...

- Fighter
    Buffy Summers. She was chosen to fight the forces of evil.

- Rogue
    Gwen Raiden. A thief. Has electricity-based powers to boot.

- Ranger
    Kennedy. Slayer with crossbow expertise. Every team needs a character people hate.

- Barbarian
    Spike. A brutal warrior whose past is as bloody and barbaric as anybody's in the franchise.

- Druid
    Willow Rosenberg. Maybe cheating a little here to get a witch, but Willow learned late on in the show to draw power from the Earth.

- Sorcerer
    Tara Maclay. There aren't many natural-born sorcerers in the Buffyverse, but Tara's bloodline is all witches. Will make a powerful combination with Willow.

- Bard
    Xander Harris. A character who charms with words, poetry and music etc? Xander literally saved the world by talking Dark Willow down.

- Wizard
    Wesley Wyndham-Pryce. As scholarly as they come and very capable of magic when called upon.

- Warlock
    Jonathan Levinson. Should never be underestimated as a warlock. Was capable of reality-warping, time manipulation, glamours and more. Definitely went "evil" for a while, but he wasn't a bad guy.

- Cleric
    Cordelia Chase. An agent of the Powers That Be. Her visions would be helpful and she's no slouch in a fight.

- Monk
    Charles Gunn. The muscle.

- Artificer
    Rupert Giles. Nothing says "magical intervention" like his arrival to stop Dark Willow.

This team would struggle massively in the D&D world - but it would be fun seeing them try!

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I'll try a Buffyverse edition (using "good" characters only)...

- Paladin
    Angel. A champion of the Powers That Be. Swore to atone for his sins as Angelus. The "holy" thing might be problematic, but oh well...

- Fighter
    Buffy Summers. She was chosen to fight the forces of evil.

- Rogue
    Gwen Raiden. A thief. Has electricity-based powers to boot.

- Ranger
    Kennedy. Slayer with crossbow expertise. Every team needs a character people hate.

- Barbarian
    Spike. A brutal warrior whose past is as bloody and barbaric as anybody's in the franchise.

- Druid
    Willow Rosenberg. Maybe cheating a little here to get a witch, but Willow learned late on in the show to draw power from the Earth.

- Sorcerer
    Tara Maclay. There aren't many natural-born sorcerers in the Buffyverse, but Tara's bloodline is all witches. Will make a powerful combination with Willow.

- Bard
    Xander Harris. A character who charms with words, poetry and music etc? Xander literally saved the world by talking Dark Willow down.

- Wizard
    Wesley Wyndham-Pryce. As scholarly as they come and very capable of magic when called upon.

- Warlock
    Jonathan Levinson. Should never be underestimated as a warlock. Was capable of reality-warping, time manipulation, glamours and more. Definitely went "evil" for a while, but he wasn't a bad guy.

- Cleric
    Cordelia Chase. An agent of the Powers That Be. Her visions would be helpful and she's no slouch in a fight.

- Monk
    Charles Gunn. The muscle.

- Artificer
    Rupert Giles. Nothing says "magical intervention" like his arrival to stop Dark Willow.

This team would struggle massively in the D&D world - but it would be fun seeing them try!
    Dude... for Barbarian, someone who goes into a rage form for combat and you didn’t go with Oz?

And no Anyanka as a Wild Magic Sorcerer? For shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Er…. what about Rosa, or would the bow disqualify her?
    Well she's not a particularly Holy Person. I mean if I was just going for "Healer/Defense archetype" then pretty much ANY of the White Mages would have done. (Although most clerics in D&D are also pretty good at fighting)

But for Cleric at least I wanted to grab a bit of the flavor too, and Yuna is one of the few FF characters that actively prays to and seeks power from a higher power.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    If you were going for Ayla from Chrono Trigger for Monk, wouldn't Lucca work well for Artificer?.
    Yes, probably quite well. But Cids are VERY prevalent in Final Fantasys and they work well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Dude... for Barbarian, someone who goes into a rage form for combat and you didn’t go with Oz?
    Spike vamps out when he fights and he kicks werewolf Oz's arse all over the shop based on feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    And no Anyanka as a Wild Magic Sorcerer? For shame!
    D&D sorcerers need to be born with magic within them. Anyanka was born completely human.

She's also inherently evil as a Vengeance Demon - and I specified good characters only.

Incredible Member

Here's the ones I could think of:

-Paladin: Captain America (like Beadle said, it's not necessarily religious; they just need an oath...does patriotism count?)

-Fighter: Black Panther

-Ranger: Hawkeye

-Barbarian: tossup between Hulk and Wolverine

-Druid: Doctor Druid?

-Sorcerer: Scarlet Witch (the minute I read that class, I just knew it was to cash in on the popularity of the X-Men movies.)

-Wizard: Doctor Strange

-Cleric: Donald Blake/Thor (a healer who gains powers from a god)

-Monk: Definitely Iron Fist

-Artificer: So Iron Man it's not funny

What world would you put them in?: Faerun

Paladin: Crusader Reynauld (Darkest Dungeon)
    The working man's holy knight. Just try to keep things stress-free
    Fighter: Black Iron Tarkus (Dark Souls)
    Silent, strong, and a bit clumsy in high places.
    Rogue: Eileen the Crow (Bloodborne)
    The murder-hobo police.
    Ranger: Prince Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke)
    Eyes unclouded by hate. Would probably be the lead hero.
    Barbarian: Aela the Huntress (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
    Ranger-like setup, werewolf-flavored rage. Proud Nord.
    Druid: Amaterasu (Ōkami)
    Lazy pooch, hidden goddess. Team "pet"
    Sorcerer: Shang Tsung (Mortal Kombat)
    Token evil teammate. Cary Tagawa
    Bard: Hitoshi Hidaka (Kamen Rider Hibiki)
    Physically beats demons with music, if that doesn't make a bard, I don't know what would.
    Wizard: Index Librorum Prohibitorum (A Certain Magical Index)
    Nun-flavored living grimoire. Destroyer of group rations.
    Warlock: Muhammad Avdol (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
    Fortune-teller by day, vampire hunter by night. His patron is a flaming chicken.
    Cleric: Ajani Goldmane (Magic: The Gathering)
    He doesn't need a god when he can beat you with your own spirit.
    Monk: Iroh (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
    Best mentor ever. Runs off tea.
    Artificer: Rikku (Final Fantasy X)
    Can mash items together in a pitch. Keep away from lightning.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 05-17-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Ajani, Iroh and Rikku? I want that team!!