Default Master and Apprentice novel

Anybody read this? It was the latest by Claudia Gray, and it details a turning point in Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's master/padawan relationship.

It also deals a bit in some flashback chapters with Dooku and Qui-Gon, something we didn't get a lot of in the old EU either.

What's most interesting for me was that the plot deliberately I think, echoes The Phantom Menace (Well, the Naboo crisis at least, but without Gungans) but with quite a few interesting twists and turns.

The character of Rael is also interesting. He's kind of a "maverick" Jedi like Qui-Gon himself (and also a former apprentice of Dooku's), but comes across with a sort of Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark kind of attitude (Although Gray says he's based a bit more on Benjamin Bratt). There's also a possibility Aveross could show up in another work down the line. Ditto with the two freighter pilots from very different backgrounds, one of whom comes off as a human C-3PO (For reasons that become sort of obvious).

The novel also sheds some light on Obi-Wan's hatred of flying, but his working well with Veracytyls (the giant lizards from ROTS).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Read the book, really good, IMHO.

Aveross is also in the Jedi Lost audio drama/published script project.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Kind of like the story's main twist, kind of like if Padme wound up becoming like Palpatine.

I really enjoyed the novel. Every Claudia Gray SW book has been a winner for me .

One thing I found interesting was that apparently the Order isn't against romantic liaisons like they are romantic attachments and that Qui-Gonn might have had a lost love in his life that Rael alludes to (is that were Obi-Wan gets it from?).

Also some interesting insight into how the Jedi perceive the Force and the different perspectives on it. And some interesting insight into Dooku.

I think it's something that Lucas actually clarified in an interview-while the Jedi are not supposed to form attachments, they are not necessarily celibate.