Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Only problem with Lost Stars is that it is a bit "small universe" in a few ways, with the characters pretty much involved in almost *everything* that happens in the OT, and as noted, a bit of the ST too.
    Yeah, I can see that, but that’s rarely been a problem for me.

I mean, my other favorite Star Wars series*, the excellent Knights of the Old Republic comic series featuring Zayne Carrick, has a far more egregious case of the “small universe syndrome”... but that actually makes me love it even more, since figuring out how the comic ties into pretty much every part of the era’s lore is a nice bit of spice on the story.

*(I also love the Young Jedi Knights through New Jedi Order series, but the first one is very much a young adult series, and there’s a bunch of skippable stuff in NJO. On the other hand, even the Legacy of the Force stuff afterword is something I’d argue is easily superior to the Sequel Trilogy, even as inconsistent as it is - Jacen Solo kicks Ben Solo’s ass as a tragic fallen hero, Darth Caedus is a better villain than Kylo Ren because they don’t chicken out, and Jaina ends up being a better main hero than Rey even though she only assumes the role in the last two books.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

So I finally finished Shadow of Mindor a few days ago and I have to say I enjoyed it quite a lot. I didn't care for all the stuff about holo thrillers as it seemed kind of pointless to the story but the rest was great!. I thought that Luke, Leia and Han all had great characterization, Lando was pretty spot on as well but there were a few instances were his voice seemed off for lack of a better term. I honestly would have rather had an adaptation of this over any of the 3 ST. I really enjoy confident Jedi Knight Luke, and I really wish we would've got more of that on screen especially after reading this. I'm really glad I read it so thank you again for the recommendation! Currently I'm reading Dark Empire from Marvel comics, I believe it was released in 94/95ish and the story has a lot of similarities but it's also been a great read so far, I'm on issue 5 of 6 so I'll let you know if the finale holds up.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    So I finally finished Shadow of Mindor a few days ago and I have to say I enjoyed it quite a lot. I didn't care for all the stuff about holo thrillers as it seemed kind of pointless to the story but the rest was great!. I thought that Luke, Leia and Han all had great characterization, Lando was pretty spot on as well but there were a few instances were his voice seemed off for lack of a better term. I honestly would have rather had an adaptation of this over any of the 3 ST. I really enjoy confident Jedi Knight Luke, and I really wish we would've got more of that on screen especially after reading this. I'm really glad I read it so thank you again for the recommendation! Currently I'm reading Dark Empire from Marvel comics, I believe it was released in 94/95ish and the story has a lot of similarities but it's also been a great read so far, I'm on issue 5 of 6 so I'll let you know if the finale holds up.
    Great to know!

Dark Empire, honestly, was a story I wasn’t big on before the ST... but now is rather hilariously one I consider clearly superior to the final ST product!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP