Amazing Member

Default Red Hood: Outlaw #45 Preview/Discussion (Spoilers)

Red Hood: Outlaw #45

Source: https://aiptcomics.com/2020/05/15/dc...ood-outlaw-45/

Summary: Red Hood, Artemis, and Bizarro have battled many threats together…but they’ve never faced a veritable army of the damned! Which is what is happening during the protests on the streets of Qurac as the Untitled prepare to strike at the heart of humanity! At the same time Artemis has to go sword-to-word with Essence. As the enemy gathers its forces, it is clear the Dark Trinity needs to expand its roster-and fast!
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Cool.

I love Jason being stubborn. Also, he was smiling there, right? When he threw himself down the cliff? That's a very Robin-esque thing to do. That's cool, too. Also, I'm kind of amused by how much Lobdell can break English when he writes Bizarro. Not even I do that when I'm so tired I'd barely count up to ten.

Mighty Member

Sorry, but who is the woman on the cover?

ARTEMIS???
    Sorry, but if that is Artemis she changed a lot...

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Sorry, but who is the woman on the cover?

ARTEMIS???
    Sorry, but if that is Artemis she changed a lot...
    That's Essence. She's part of the All-Caste and Ducra's daughter.
    She was introduced in the RHatO New52 run and recently re-appeared in the Rebirth run in RH:O #34.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    That's Essence. She's part of the All-Caste and Ducra's daughter.
    She was introduced in the RHatO New52 run and recently re-appeared in the Rebirth run in RH:O #34.
    Oh sorry....WRONG COVER....I mean Red Hood 42!!!
    Has Artemis now a new haircut and isnt so muscular anymore?

I didnt look which number is on the cover..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Oh sorry....WRONG COVER....I mean Red Hood 42!!!
    Has Artemis now a new haircut and isnt so muscular anymore?

I didnt look which number is on the cover..
    Oh, that one. Yeah, that's Artemis.
    While being away with Bizarro in the Dark Multiverse she got a a new haircut. But currently, the hair is growing back to her old look.
    And the missing muscles are just an artistic choice. Paolo Pantalena is known for this kind of female body type.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Although is obvious that things are getting rushed out, these past issues have been the most enjoyable out all the Outlaw era. Having a clear goal in mind helps to keep the story focused and avoid the meandering that plagued most of Prince of Gotham and Generation Outlaw. Pantalena keeps knocking out of the park and Lobdell continues surprising by trying to acknowledge everything in his story even if it doesn't make sense. Shame that we're getting a Joker Tie-in that I almost certain it will break the flow but even then, I still have high hopes for this final arc.

Thanks for the preview..

I see Jason alone but I hope listen about Artemis and Bizarro too here.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Thanks for the preview..

I see Jason alone but I hope listen about Artemis and Bizarro too here.
    Oh, they are.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Although is obvious that things are getting rushed out, these past issues have been the most enjoyable out all the Outlaw era. Having a clear goal in mind helps to keep the story focused and avoid the meandering that plagued most of Prince of Gotham and Generation Outlaw. Pantalena keeps knocking out of the park and Lobdell continues surprising by trying to acknowledge everything in his story even if it doesn't make sense. Shame that we're getting a Joker Tie-in that I almost certain it will break the flow but even then, I still have high hopes for this final arc.
    I agree the arc is definitely going to end up being the best of the Outlaw era & likely one of the best in the series in general. The Joker war tie-in is gonna be weird but I’m hoping Lobdell will find a way to make it work.

What is going on with the red glowing marks on Jason's arms?

I think it's the magic flowing from his body to give shape to the blades.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

All Caste Tribal/Ancient Markings.

The flashback at the beginning is one of my favorite parts of the issue.

I wish DC would do a graphic novel about Jason's time in the All-Caste (and the time after when he met Suzie Su for the first time). There have been pieces of information here and there in the two RHatO runs but never the whole story in all details. And the All-Caste, especially Ducra and Essence, play a very crucial part in Jason's story since he spent the time right after his resurrection with them. That must have been an emotional roller-coaster - and personally, I just love stories about ancient, hidden tribes.

I love the parallels between Essence and Jason In the scene on the mount of eternal despair: Essence who “failed her final trial” and Jason who “failed his last mission”. Of course Jason would try to save Essence – especially since no one else was going to.

I agree that the issue feels rushed. And considering that there are only five issues left – from which only four are relevant for the story – there isn’t much time left to sort things out. Introducing new stuff – like the Unspoken or Mistress’ “soul” – feels a little bit like doing too much at the wrong time. Both examples can be cool concepts but I’d have definitely preferred it if those would have been introduced in the middle of the run and not at the end. Throw it in now and there’s no chance that you can build something meaningful on top of it.

I liked the short part with Generation Outlaw – and I’m very happy that it was finally revealed that Caden indeed joined the group. I was a little worried that the little guy had just stormed off at the end of the Generation Outlaw arc.
    Last edited by Sergard; 05-24-2020 at 03:19 PM.