Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor 2020

New year, new thread!

This thread is for the pairing of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor.

Please read the rules regarding Appreciation threads at the top of the forum and appreciate away!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Happy New Year to Diana and Steve .

That's if they will bring them back together.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That's if they will bring them back together.
    I can’t believe they broke them up right when the movie is coming out. I feel like they did this so they could send her away during 5G.

Hopefully when that mess is done, we’ll get Steve and Diana back.

I've been lacking showing my support for these two. Perfectly captures how sweet they were together in the movie thanks to Gal and Chris' chemistry in the roles. They're better in the movies than how they've been written in the comics for a very long time. Also, the art is so cute.

Why is Steve Trevor less known as WonderWoman's main love interest than say Lois Lane for Superman? or Catwoman for Batman? Is kinda odd how that kinda happened - though I suppose it is changing now with the movies and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I can’t believe they broke them up right when the movie is coming out. I feel like they did this so they could send her away during 5G.

Hopefully when that mess is done, we’ll get Steve and Diana back.
    I'm fairly convinced that Wilson's long-term plan was to show a breakup followed by coming back together for Diana and Steve. She said she wanted to explore them as an established couple, and getting back together is certainly part of a long-term relationship. The way she had Atlantiades ascend to being the new god of love being dependant on recognising Steve's and Diana's love for each other should be another huge clue.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm fairly convinced that Wilson's long-term plan was to show a breakup followed by coming back together for Diana and Steve. She said she wanted to explore them as an established couple, and getting back together is certainly part of a long-term relationship. The way she had Atlantiades ascend to being the new god of love being dependant on recognising Steve's and Diana's love for each other should be another huge clue.
    I hadn't thought of it that way, but it's all up in the air now, thanks to 5G and the new timeline.

Now it depends what Snyder and co. plan to do with Steve in Diana's new origins and timeline starting next week. I'm anxious and excited!

It's just a trash can!

by qiuomg on Tumblr

I hope Steve isn't written as whiny

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope Steve isn't written as whiny
    In the movie? I don’t think he will. From the trailer it looks like he’s all in on Diana doing what she does best.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-16-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Why is Steve Trevor less known as WonderWoman's main love interest than say Lois Lane for Superman? or Catwoman for Batman? Is kinda odd how that kinda happened - though I suppose it is changing now with the movies and stuff.
    This all goes back to one man: George Perez.

Perez was given John Byrne-like control over the Wonderverse franchise in 1987 following COIE. He did a lot of great things when he rebooted Diana. In fact, there's really only one mistake he made, but it's a dozy.

He deliberately aged up Steven Trevor into a senior citizen specifically so Steve COULDN'T be a love interest to Diana. And he also aged up Etta Candy and married her to Steve to further prevent a "Stiana" (hmmm ... not as catchy as "Clois" or "Batcat") love connection. And then Steve played virtually no role in Diana's comic book life for the next quarter-century or so (1987-2011) until the New52 rebooted Diana and rejuvenated Steve back to his youthful prime.

Steve was sidelined during the time when Lois and Selina absolutely solidified their importance to their respective franchises.

That's why Steve lags so far behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    In the movie? I don’t think he will. From the trailer it looks like he’s all in on Diana doing what she does best.
    In the comics. I feel that in the comics some writers aren't sure what to do with him. We have seen Steve throughout the years being more than able to take on strong characters. I mean if there is in a sense a magic foe if Diana isn't there maybe Steve should be the next option to ask ow to defeat than.

Thought this brief story from one of the Agent of Peace issues was nice, pretty much the only Diana/Steve stuff this year for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    This all goes back to one man: George Perez.

Perez was given John Byrne-like control over the Wonderverse franchise in 1987 following COIE. He did a lot of great things when he rebooted Diana. In fact, there's really only one mistake he made, but it's a dozy.

He deliberately aged up Steven Trevor into a senior citizen specifically so Steve COULDN'T be a love interest to Diana. And he also aged up Etta Candy and married her to Steve to further prevent a "Stiana" (hmmm ... not as catchy as "Clois" or "Batcat") love connection. And then Steve played virtually no role in Diana's comic book life for the next quarter-century or so (1987-2011) until the New52 rebooted Diana and rejuvenated Steve back to his youthful prime.

Steve was sidelined during the time when Lois and Selina absolutely solidified their importance to their respective franchises.

That's why Steve lags so far behind them.
    ...and he mainly did that because at the end of the pre Crisis continuity, Steve Trevor was pretty reviled and though of as a joke, or a helpless male Lois Lane. I think he also might have wanted to remove the " falls in love with the first man she sees" and the issues that can bring up.

I wish he had just rewritten Steve into an amazing character, but i don't know if he would have gone over very well at the time. I think absence ( and good writing) make the heart grow fonder...