Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nubia 2020 Appreciation

NUBIA 1.jpgHaven't seen any post of the Nubian Amazon called Nubia so I started one.i would love to see her as representation for Themysicra in a new Justice League International title.

NUBIA 4.jpganother nice piece of art of Nubia.

NUBIA 5.jpgMore Fabulous art of the Amazon Nubia.

NUBIA 6.jpgand another.

Love Nubia!

I don't see why it was an issue for Nubia to be Diana's twin sister. I think many thought it was racist. I mean it would easily be explained if Philippus and Hippolyta made them. That Nubia wasn't had dark but has she aged she looked more like Philippus

I Hope that from 2020 going forward, we get to see more of Nubia!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don't see why it was an issue for Nubia to be Diana's twin sister. I think many thought it was racist. I mean it would easily be explained if Philippus and Hippolyta made them. That Nubia wasn't had dark but has she aged she looked more like Philippus
    My head canon is that Phillipus made Nubia the same night Hippolyta made Diana. Just like Diana resembles Hippolyta, Nubia resembles Phillipus. They're both fruits of the same relationship and were created on the same day, so they'd technically be twins.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    NUBIA 6.jpgand another.
    OMG...she reminds me of Florence Kasumba, who played Senator Acantha in Wonder Woman and a Dora Milaje in Black Panther.
    Goddess gracious, I would LOVE if Nubia were introduced in Wonder Woman 3 (played by Kasumba)!!!

So, Queen Hippolyta creates a clay daughter for Nubia, imagining the child will bring her the same joy that Diana brought herself. Ares steals the kid and makes the Queen forget she ever did it, ..leaving her in the Venus temple, with a half-empty wine bottle.

That's how Philippis finds her, the next morning, never knowing what Queenie was up to, in there.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-21-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Prior to the show moving to CBS, for Season Two, I understand that producers of ABC's Wonder Woman TV show (1975) once considered Teresa Graves to play a 'black Wonder Woman' [Nubia?] on the show, ..after Graves's show Get Christie Love was cancelled. I also recall that actress/sportscaster Jayne Kennedy Overton played a private detective (Carolyn) on WW, who was not Nubia, ..but, an entirely different character.

Here's where I get lost and a little curious...

Could the WW show producers, after considering Graves, Joan Pringle and other actresses, ..have finally settled on Jayne? The Mego company made dolls, modeled after the WW show characters. Jayne didn't do WW, until after the Nubia doll's release, but, it sure LOOKS like Jayne - the chin, the forehead, the lips, etc. Every time I look at a pic of the Mego Nubia doll, ..I can't help, but wonder.

Was Jayne, and not Teresa Graves, the final pick for Nubia?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Prior to the show moving to CBS, for Season Two, I understand that producers of ABC's Wonder Woman TV show (1975) once considered Teresa Graves to play a 'black Wonder Woman' [Nubia?] on the show, ..after Graves's show Get Christie Love was cancelled. I also recall that actress/sportscaster Jayne Kennedy Overton played a private detective (Carolyn) on WW, who was not Nubia, ..but, an entirely different character.

Here's where I get lost and a little curious...

Could the WW show producers, after considering Graves, Joan Pringle and other actresses, ..have finally settled on Jayne? The Mego company made dolls, modeled after the WW show characters. Jayne didn't do WW, until after the Nubia doll's release, but, it sure LOOKS like Jayne - the chin, the forehead, the lips, etc. Every time I look at a pic of the Mego Nubia doll, ..I can't help, but wonder.

Was Jayne, and not Teresa Graves, the final pick for Nubia?
    I mentioned this a while back, but yes, I only heard of Jayne Kennedy as being considered as Nubia,. The episode with Jayne as a former cop-gone-bad which I believe was named "Knockout" (if I remember correctly) was a test for that opportunity, which, if the series had been extended a 4th year, Jayne would have been seen as Nubia in silver armor and that the doll was indeed patterned after Jayne as Nubia.