Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Did Nubia ever appear anywhere wearing the costume that she had when she appeared in The Super Friends?

Nope. She had basically three appearances. Her original two parter in WW, a horrible barely there Supergirl story, and this in Superfriends...

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    My head canon is that Phillipus made Nubia the same night Hippolyta made Diana. Just like Diana resembles Hippolyta, Nubia resembles Phillipus.

I thought Diana looked like Antiope, or at least New Earth Diana was.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorkrypton View Post
    I get the impression Hyppolita is usually drawn as a slightly older Diana.
    The versions of Antiope that I've seen weren't as close to Diana as her own mother.

I think it's revealed in WW#0 (1994) if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorkrypton View Post
    Yeah, Perez brought it up and Messner-Loebs expanded on their resemblance.

Nubia's armor resembles that, worn in the Crusades.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I enjoyed Nubia’s Post-Crisis origin as a former champion of the Contest of Grace and Wonder and her role as an explorer and the protector of Doom’s Doorway. I’d adapt and expound on that origin, if I were to bring her back to continuity.

So are there any collections or readings for Nubia? I really only know of her from Injustice 2 and the newly announced book today, though I think it may have been her in Doomsday Clock #12.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So are there any collections or readings for Nubia? I really only know of her from Injustice 2 and the newly announced book today, though I think it may have been her in Doomsday Clock #12.
    Good question! Sadly, I do not know. But would also be interested in picking this up!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not really.

However next year

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/wond...d-robyn-smith/

L.L. McKinney is a novelist and poet, best known for writing A Blade So Black, A Dream So Dark, and A Crown So Cursed. An active member of the kidlit community, she's an advocate for equality and inclusion in publishing and the creator of the hashtag #WhatWOCWritersHear. She also looked through submission piles for publishers, serving as a reader for agents and by participating as a judge in various online writing contests.

Robyn Smith is a Jamaican cartoonist, currently based in New York City. She is best known for her minicomic The Saddest Angriest Black Girl in Town and for illustrating Jamila Rowser's comic Wash Day.

Together they are creating an original graphic novel, Nubia Real One, featuring Wonder Woman's sister, to be published by DC Comics at the beginning of February, 2021, in time for Black History Month. This is their first project for DC. Nubia: Real One will be coloured by Brie Henderson, cover colours by Bex Glendining and the book will be lettered by Ariana Maher.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I’m excited for this.

If and when (and I pray) Nubia comes back into Diana's mythos how would you prefer her updated look to be:

Have a blue and gold schemeNubia1.jpg

Have a silver heavily armored with lion scheme Nubia2.jpg

Or the her gold and green, more Greco-Roman armor with cape Nubia3.jpg

I think I would like the blue and gold with the lion added in somehow. I just don't like the breastplate and thigh split in her post crisis Nu'bia look. But I do like the locks, just have them longer and thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    If and when (and I pray) Nubia comes back into Diana's mythos how would you prefer her updated look to be:

I think I would like the blue and gold with the lion added in somehow. I just don't like the breastplate and thigh split in her post crisis Nu'bia look. But I do like the locks, just have them longer and thinner.
    I do and always have loved her silver armor but I also really like the gold and green costume, which might be better "suited" for everyday adventures, while the silver armor could be worn on special "wonder-dangerous" missions, much the way WW wears hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post

The silver armor but without the lion scheme.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Attachment 96731and another.
    OMG...she reminds me of Florence Kasumba, who played Senator Acantha in Wonder Woman and a Dora Milaje in Black Panther.
    Goddess gracious, I would LOVE if Nubia were introduced in Wonder Woman 3 (played by Kasumba)!!!