Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    If and when (and I pray) Nubia comes back into Diana's mythos how would you prefer her updated look to be:

Have a blue and gold schemeAttachment 97111

Have a silver heavily armored with lion scheme Attachment 97112

Or the her gold and green, more Greco-Roman armor with cape Attachment 97113

I think I would like the blue and gold with the lion added in somehow. I just don't like the breastplate and thigh split in her post crisis Nu'bia look. But I do like the locks, just have them longer and thinner.
    Mashup of all three preferably. The silver armor as the basis but with a blue/yellow color-scheme and a cape add-on like WW usually sports nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do and always have loved her silver armor but I also really like the gold and green costume, which might be better "suited" for everyday adventures, while the silver armor could be worn on special "wonder-dangerous" missions, much the way WW wears hers.
    I like the sound of this. I also like the idea of Nubia having her own spirit animal the way Diana has eagles. With the post-crisis dreads a lion makes perfect sense. I'd put her in variations of all these outfits like a black Barbie and base her primary look on 1970's Jayne Kennedy, but keep the white streak in her hair.

WW NUBIA JAYNE KENNEDY 6.jpg

WW NUBIA 13.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I like the sound of this. I also like the idea of Nubia having her own spirit animal the way Diana has eagles. With the post-crisis dreads a lion makes perfect sense. I'd put her in variations of all these outfits like a black Barbie and base her primary look on 1970's Jayne Kennedy, but keep the white streak in her hair.

WW NUBIA JAYNE KENNEDY 6.jpg

WW NUBIA 13.jpg
    Thanks! I really like your ideas as well and agree with them.

Love, love, love Jayne Kennedy! She would have BEEN 1970's Nubia! Such a shame it never happened. But, we can imagine....

Would anyone be against Nubia being Diana's twin sister again?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Would anyone be against Nubia being Diana's twin sister again?
    Absolutely not.

I hope they bring her back in a more definitive manner, regardless of them being sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is beautiful!

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 06-20-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Stunning. I would kill for a Nubia solo series.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Since WB wont let Diana have a live action series...Nubia would be perfect to take that one.

So, Queen Hippolyta creates a clay daughter for Nubia, imagining the child will bring her the same joy that Diana brought herself. Ares steals the kid and makes the Queen forget she ever did it, ..leaving her in the Venus temple, with a half-empty wine bottle.

That's how Philippis finds her, the next morning, never knowing what Queenie was up to, in there.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-21-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Stunning. I would kill for a Nubia solo series.
    I absolutely want one so badly.

Terrific! Yes, this should be a series.

As I've said before, my ideal origin is for her to be made from clay by Phillipus on the same night of Diana's creation.
    Oh, and in this canon, Phillipus and Hyppolita are a couple, so Nubia and Diana would be sisters created by different mothers on the same night.
    Ares would have kidnapped Nubia as a baby, erasing her memory from the Amazons' minds and raising her on Man's world.
    The sisters would reunite many years later, after Nubia freed herself from Ares' influence.

Teresa Graves was the highest paid black actor, at ABC, when she was considered for Nubia. Her show, Get Christie Love, has just been cancelled, in 1975, freeing her up for new work in movies and TV. Joan Pringle was ABC's secondmost highest paid black actress, at the time, ..and I've always wondered, if she was also considered.

I still think the Nubia doll looks, more like Joan.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-22-2020 at 03:34 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!