Default Recolored classics

Hi,

I only got back into collecting comics a few years ago, so I'm still discovering lots of stuff. One thing I stumbled across recently was Mutant Genesis 2.0, containing some of my favorite X-Men stories, with an absolutely stunning recoloring of Jim Lee's fantastic art. Now sadly, this edition is nowhere to find unless I pay absurd prices to scalpers - but are there any other classic collections out there that got a similar treatment?

Reading classic stories, the dated coloring is my biggest gripe compared to newer comics - and I would absolutely love to see more of this (although I imagine, to collectors, that it's as controversial as the Star Wars special editions).

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Hi,

I only got back into collecting comics a few years ago, so I'm still discovering lots of stuff. One thing I stumbled across recently was Mutant Genesis 2.0, containing some of my favorite X-Men stories, with an absolutely stunning recoloring of Jim Lee's fantastic art. Now sadly, this edition is nowhere to find unless I pay absurd prices to scalpers - but are there any other classic collections out there that got a similar treatment?

Reading classic stories, the dated coloring is my biggest gripe compared to newer comics - and I would absolutely love to see more of this (although I imagine, to collectors, that it's as controversial as the Star Wars special editions).
    It's more of a colloring than a recolloring, but I fount it astonishing, it's Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtules Collored Classics:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Hi,

Two that come to mind are the Absolute Edition of Alan Moore's "Swamp Thing," and the Marvel Omnibus of Walt Simonson's "Thor." Both have been recolored by Steve Oliff.

I dislike recoloring because I think it doesn't match the art - '80s art should have '80s colors to match - but that's personal taste. (Except for Brian Bolland recoloring "The Killing Joke" to change the logo on Batman's chest, that's just evil.)

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I am usually against recoloring, but I actually liked the job done in the Simonson Thor Omnibus.