Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
I've been reading the kid since he showed up in Morrison and Kubert's time on Batman and him admitting he wasn't as good as in an alternate future where Bruce and Dick were long dead. In the present he lacks the perspective or emotional maturity to realize his flaws and grow as a person.

Yes, he cares about the people in his life, but the way he carries himself is toxic for long term relationships. Jon and Dick bring the best out in Damian, but even then he's an insufferable brat.

I get it, you like Damian and that's perfectly cool. I for one think he's awful and was at his best using his chest to polish his clone's sword. We'll have to agree to disagree. It's been, what, 15 years and I've only ever seen Damian be a complete bastard to mask his insecurities. He only gets so many chances.

Jon deserves better than Damian. Hell, everyone does. Lots of people can make anyone very happy, but justifying being with someone who is abusive just because they have issues and need love too is essentially enabling abuse. They're friends, but more than that, Damian needs to grow before he deserves anyone's time. I don't and will never believe that love entitles abuse. Love can be unconditional, but relationships never should be. You can be there for someone when they need you without subjecting yourself to a romantic entanglement with them. Damian, as he is characterized in the present (and has been since inception) is a jackass and not deserving.

We're derailing the thread, so let's agree to disagree.
I'm not asking you to date Damian and his behaviour doesn't matter if Jon is cool with it and likes him.

Damian is Jon's best friend. If they can have a bromance they can have a romance.