Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I remember that MIA DEARDEN was sad once, because of her being sick and he kissed her...
    Okay? Not sure when that happened in his timeline (before or after said writer did what he did to "prove" Connor wasn't gay), but that doesn't change what I was trying to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    He never seemed like either to me when I was reading him, he could just be asexual.
    Asexual or demisexual (but perhaps not aromantic) would and possibly should be the logical takeaways from Connor when the writers weren't shoehorning him into sexual acts with females to prove their own points/biases.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Okay? Not sure when that happened in his timeline (before or after said writer did what he did to "prove" Connor wasn't gay), but that doesn't change what I was trying to explain.

Asexual or demisexual (but perhaps not aromantic) would and possibly should be the logical takeaways from Connor when the writers weren't shoehorning him into sexual acts with females to prove their own points/biases.
    It'd be an interesting angle to pursue since we don't have many characters like that but I doubt we're going to see Connor anytime soon.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It'd be an interesting angle to pursue since we don't have many characters like that but I doubt we're going to see Connor anytime soon.
    An asexual or demisexual (socially functioning) hero would be interesting to see. As would someone who could develop and hold explicitly romantic attractions, affections and relationships sans sexual ones. Connor would be a cool way to explore these themes and concepts.

But yeah. Who knows when we'll see him again. Had Percy continued his run on Green Arrow, he would have reintroduced Connor. He definitely teased doing so in a flashforward splash page very close to when he left the book. Granted, we don't know if he was planning something so nuanced for Connor, but at least he would have been back. Now, unless someone else takes the initiative, we'll be waiting forever for Connor's hypothetical return. Worse still, with Green Arrow being sans his own book, the odds are even slimmer.

I've got a bi headcanon for Superman, ever since the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon spent so much time on the relationship between him and Brainiac Five. I mean, I say headcanon, but it's as overt as anything we ever got in a cartoon back then.

I've definitely transferred my understanding of Superman's sexual/romantic orientation over from my reading of that cartoon, and nobody can stop me.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Incredible Member

Lesbian is considered less offending to male readers. So nearly half of women in Gotham love women and the only non-heterosexual of the Trinity is Wonder Woman. ┑( ̄Д  ̄)┍
    DC needs to make Hal Jordan pan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    DC needs to make Hal Jordan pan.
    It would be funny to off-handed mention that Arisia is a member of *the only gender* on 'her' planet, and not technically 'female' so much as 'yes, to all.' (That is, unless they've already shown a bunch of boys from her planet. But the idea is still usable, just with some other female-presenting alien Hal dates who turns out not to be an actual 'girl' (although he knew that all along, obviously), even though they are shaped like one, like how Kal-El is shaped like a caucasian human male, but, really, not so much most of that.)

Honestly, I would love it if Jimmy Olsen was gay as a tribute to Jack Larson. I also wouldn't mind Superman being bisexual.

Extraordinary Member

Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    Honestly, I would love it if Jimmy Olsen was gay as a tribute to Jack Larson. I also wouldn't mind Superman being bisexual.
    That would be lovely to have Jimmy be gay as a tribute to Jack Larson.
    Superman/Clark is so well established as a heterosexual romantic lead that I think it would be difficult to sell him being bi. Not unrealistic, as plenty of nice guys raised in the rural midwest struggle with being gay or bi and come out later in life, but it will never, ever happen.
    Connor being gay or bi, absolutely could still happen. Jon is a blank slate sexually and could easily be gay or bi.
    After all these years it would be nice to get a queer male in the Super books.

Incredible Member

Enigma is probably the most lauded gay dc comic series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Connor being gay or bi, absolutely could still happen. Jon is a blank slate sexually and could easily be gay or bi.
    ConnOr the son of Green Arrow?

If you are talking about Superboy you mean ConnEr....and this will never happen...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    ConnOr the son of Green Arrow?

If you are talking about Superboy you mean ConnEr....and this will never happen...
    How are you so certain?

I'm not asking if you'll like it, but I'm curious why you think this instance is impossible? It can't be history because a lot of characters who were explicitly heterosexual have become bisexual or homosexual since.

Yes, I mean Conner.
    And I don't think it's likely to happen, but I don't think it's impossible. There's been a relatively big fan base for him and Tim Drake for a long time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    How are you so certain?

I'm not asking if you'll like it, but I'm curious why you think this instance is impossible? It can't be history because a lot of characters who were explicitly heterosexual have become bisexual or homosexual since.
    Kon-El’s always been about the ladies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Yes, I mean Conner.
    And I don't think it's likely to happen, but I don't think it's impossible. There's been a relatively big fan base for him and Tim Drake for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    How are you so certain?

Conner is so far the member of the Super-Family who always loved the attraction of beautiful women etc.
    Especially if you read the early stories with him in Hawaii etc.

I personally am also a HUGE fan of Cassie+Conner relationship, which is my favorite relationship in DC.

Conner has already a girlfriend, who in future Versions (ToT) is also his wife, maybe mother of his children etc.

So I personally would really DONT LIKE it and it also makes no sense given he has already a stable relationship with Cassie...

I would rather use Jon for this..