Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    August solicits are out. Unfortunately I won't be moving much out of the no date list...

MIA comics: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...to-dr-strange/
    The lack of Empyre #6 is frustrating. They did all five issues weekly, except for the last one? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Marvel seems quite chaotic right now with what is being released physical, digital, tpb or just titles that have apparently vanished into the Bermuda Triangle.(what have you done with Captain America, Marvel?!?) There used to be a time when they held the championship title for communicating with fans, but now it seems as if they've gone radio silent.
    Thats the thing that bugs me the most about this right now. I understand that some books are going to be late, or going to go digital. But give us a clear statement on what the plans are to getting back on track. That is not too much to ask.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    As a collector, having (say) 4 physical copies of a series and then the last issue or two solely as a file on my Hard Drive is… irritating.
    Yeah, seems Marvel is just assuming an overwhelming majority of their readers won't care and will simply jump on digital to finish out a series or story arc, OR buy a trade later when they already have nearly all the single issues. I've dropped comics altogether two previous times in my life, and, with all but one title I've been following in limbo beyond July (with no real guarantee of those June and July titles being shipped if we see a second, worse wave of the virus) and likely cancelled or going digital only, it will be a good time for me to drop them again.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thats the thing that bugs me the most about this right now. I understand that some books are going to be late, or going to go digital. But give us a clear statement on what the plans are to getting back on track. That is not too much to ask.
    I'm guessing we haven't heard more because it is an evolving situation and they simply don't have concrete plans. I know it's frustrating, but this is a very unusual situation and I think we have to make some allowances and accept that things will be chaotic, and that, though it is not an ideal situation, going digital on some books is the least bad option they had.

I do think though, that with this they have to do a better job going forward of giving some info on digital books, they've always been poor with that. I remember when the Jessica Jones digital first was announced, it was announced literally the day before it was released, which is frustrating. I know solicits are not needed for ordering purposes with digital, which is technically the reason we have solicits, but there is a reason readers anticipate the Diamond solicits as well, so... I think if they are going to have more digital only or digital first books, they need something like the monthly solicits to help promote them.

Maybe on the last Wednesday of the month, they could announce everything they'll be releasing digital exclusive in the following month? That'd be much shorter notice than the print titles (1-4 weeks instead of three months) but we'd still have advance warning, unlike what they've done in the past.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    Yeah, seems Marvel is just assuming an overwhelming majority of their readers won't care and will simply jump on digital to finish out a series or story arc, OR buy a trade later when they already have nearly all the single issues. I've dropped comics altogether two previous times in my life, and, with all but one title I've been following in limbo beyond July (with no real guarantee of those June and July titles being shipped if we see a second, worse wave of the virus) and likely cancelled or going digital only, it will be a good time for me to drop them again.
    Or, more accurately, their customer are the sales shops hoping to figure things out for their customers. Marvel doesn't care as long as the local shop buys the issues they have for sale in the hopes of re-selling later.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?