Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That makes it a prime candidate for digital exclusivity. The eight titles sent to digital so far, didn't they all have only two issues left?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That makes it a prime candidate for digital exclusivity. The eight titles sent to digital so far, didn't they all have only two issues left?
    I would be totally happy with that as I am a digital only reader anyhow, but we haven't had nary a murmur for Black Panther or Cap

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Damn, a lot of X Titles missing and for the love of god release Black Panther there is only TWO issues left in Coates run!
    Only Juggernaut and Children of the Atom are missing, every other X titles have a new release date.
    Be kind, it's FREE

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Only Juggernaut and Children of the Atom are missing, every other X titles have a new release date.
    I thought there was a bunch of X of Swords one shot preludes announced?

Also any word when the FCBD stuff is going to be released?

FCBD confirmed that they still don't have a new date, but would update everyone via social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Jesus, even with everything they've announced, that's still a LOT of stuff missing. There's no way some of that stuff ain't going digital. With Star and Ghost-Spider going digital when each of them was shipping 22k and 21k in the direct market, respectively, here's some of the titles that could potentially go digital, based on their last divulged numbers:

Conan, The Barbarian (20k)
    Revenge Of Cosmic Ghost Rider (18k)
    Morbius (17k)
    Dark Agnes (16k)
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel (16k)
    Amazing Mary Jane (16k)
    Conan: Battle For The Serpent Crow (15k)
    Falcon & Winter Soldier (14k)
    Black Panther (13k)
    Scream: Curse Of Carnage (13k)
    Amazing Spider-Man: Daily Bugle (13k)
    2020 Force Works (11k)
    Nebula (10k)
    Atlantis Attacks (10k)
    Strikeforce (9k)
    Runaways (7k)
    Aero (5k)
    Sword Master (4k)

There might be exceptions, since some books that were shipping around the same numbers as above DID get print releases (like Dr. Strange and BP & Agents Of Wakanda), but I'm almost sure we'll see a number of these going digital. And then there's the question of where the new #1 books stand. I could see some of them also going digital if Marvel feels like there isn't enough pre-orders to justify a print release for them.
    they seem to only be giving digital treatment to series that were both low selling, and planned to end in at most 3 issues, either due to naturally reaching their planned end, or they are cancelled. So, stuff like Black Panther, which I presume they intended to keep going despite low sales, (*edit- oh, i didn't realize that one was ending. ok, so yeah that one may actually go digital. But point stands for other books that are ongoing like Ms. Marvel) will probably be back in print, but greatly delayed, apparently. Minis like Nebula, yeah, they may go digital. Black Widow stuff, especially since they are #1s, (kinda lucky there in a weird way) are likely delayed until a later month so they can tie in to the movie's release. Hell, I'd expect a lot of planned #1s to be delayed, a lot less harm in doing so than pushing them out there too early. Aero and Sword Master are a weird case. they apparently make most of their sales in Asia, where they do quite well, it's just in North America that they sell so poorly. But printing the North American versions can't be economical at those numbers, so maybe the American versions will shift to digital? It seems like they may have more titles than Diamond/shops can handle at this stage, they probably have to be more careful with money and not printing/shipping low sellers at a loss, and the shops also have less money to spend on new stock after months of little to no business, so.... yah... maybe things will be better next month, but I'd expect some more cancellations and moving to digital to save costs and lighten the load for shops and Diamond.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-19-2020 at 10:49 PM.

no, we just know that there will be a few prelude issues, they haven't been announced yet. only the event itself was announced to take place in September starting with one of the prelude issue (Creation #1), but we don’t know the exact date.

no words about FCBD yet
    Last edited by DAHX; 05-24-2020 at 07:59 AM.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Fantastic Member

As a collector, having (say) 4 physical copies of a series and then the last issue or two solely as a file on my Hard Drive is… irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Juggernaut falls in line with what will come out in August, so we should find out on that when it's released. No idea on COTA.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    As a collector, having (say) 4 physical copies of a series and then the last issue or two solely as a file on my Hard Drive is… irritating.
    No mention of a release date for the Captain America monthly? I'm going through star spangled withdraw!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    No mention of a release date for the Captain America monthly? I'm going through star spangled withdraw!
    Wasn't it delayed? I could've sworn it was delayed a couple of times. Maybe that's why Marvel is holding off on it - giving Coates and his artist the time to finish their current arc.

August solicits are out. Unfortunately I won't be moving much out of the no date list...

MIA comics: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...to-dr-strange/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-21-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    August solicits are out. Unfortunately I won't be moving much out of the no date list...

MIA comics: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...to-dr-strange/
    Marvel seems quite chaotic right now with what is being released physical, digital, tpb or just titles that have apparently vanished into the Bermuda Triangle.(what have you done with Captain America, Marvel?!?) There used to be a time when they held the championship title for communicating with fans, but now it seems as if they've gone radio silent.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Marvel seems quite chaotic right now with what is being released physical, digital, tpb or just titles that have apparently vanished into the Bermuda Triangle.(what have you done with Captain America, Marvel?!?) There used to be a time when they held the championship title for communicating with fans, but now it seems as if they've gone radio silent.
    yeah, that is the dumb part of it. There should be a statement to their customers as to what the heck is going on.

Cap is one of the books I did just move from the no date list, as it happens. It's out first week of August.