Default Is New 52 Earth 2 still canon?

I didn’t hate the new 52 Earth 2 series, there’s actually a lot there that I did like even though it will never fill the role of an actual JSA series. But besides the fact that like most DCyou stories and ideas that survived into the Rebirth/Post Metal era there’s certain other things that make me think that maybe the Earth 2 series still counts out there. I just want to say though before we begin, I assume that it works like the multiverse we’ve seen in JSA where they have there own version of characters so I want the main JSA back but earth 2 can have its versions of Alan, Jay, Powergirl, and others

1. Mister Terrific still refers to the fact that he’s been traveling the multiverse in Metal and Terrifics. That multiverse travel though, if you were reading the series, was mainly on Earth 2 when they were fighting Darkseid and moved to the world Telos gave them in convergence.

2. Darkseid and Steppenwolf, the ones who we saw in Darkseid War and currently in comics now, are the same ones who attacked Earth 2. It wasn’t the earth 2 version of Darkseid, it was just Darkseid.

3. Maybe it was just Jimenez referencing it in his art, but in Snyder’s Justice League run you can clearly see them when we see Brainiac is bottling future timelines from Hypertime.

What do you think, are they still out there or do you think they are gone thanks to recent multiverse/metaverse changes and madness.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

It probably still technically exists out there, right now, but with the return of the JSA its purpose is defunct.

BANNED

We have two now,

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's probably out there but I imagine they probably won't be acknowledging it from now on. With the JSA back on Earth 0 and DDC admitting the original E-2 is still out there somewhere, there's really no point to go back to that well. They might put it in the background in future crossover stories but I don't think there is any real plans to do anything with it in the future. Sort of like KC Earth. It's out there but outside of guest appearances in main books, it's not like they are going to do anything with it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I didn’t hate the new 52 Earth 2 series, there’s actually a lot there that I did like even though it will never fill the role of an actual JSA series. But besides the fact that like most DCyou stories and ideas that survived into the Rebirth/Post Metal era there’s certain other things that make me think that maybe the Earth 2 series still counts out there. I just want to say though before we begin, I assume that it works like the multiverse we’ve seen in JSA where they have there own version of characters so I want the main JSA back but earth 2 can have its versions of Alan, Jay, Powergirl, and others

1. Mister Terrific still refers to the fact that he’s been traveling the multiverse in Metal and Terrifics. That multiverse travel though, if you were reading the series, was mainly on Earth 2 when they were fighting Darkseid and moved to the world Telos gave them in convergence.

2. Darkseid and Steppenwolf, the ones who we saw in Darkseid War and currently in comics now, are the same ones who attacked Earth 2. It wasn’t the earth 2 version of Darkseid, it was just Darkseid.

3. Maybe it was just Jimenez referencing it in his art, but in Snyder’s Justice League run you can clearly see them when we see Brainiac is bottling future timelines from Hypertime.

What do you think, are they still out there or do you think they are gone thanks to recent multiverse/metaverse changes and madness.
    I for one hope that it had better be.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

New 52 is still Earth 2 in the Orrery.
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

With any luck, no.

I'm sure the world is still out there. Doesn't mean there's any incentive to utilize it, but there's every reason for it to be safe to at least imagine it to be there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Somewhere between the FirstWave Earth and the Tangent Earth...
    Just beyond Earth-Two and Earth-20.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

So since Doomsday Clock revealed the nu52 to be it's own Earth (and not a rejiggering of the main Earth) then i would guess what they called " Earth2" is another Earth out there in the Multiverse, and if revisited, would just get a new name/number assigned to it.

In the Multiverse? Sure. In a Practical Sense, will we see another New52 Earth-2 series or resurgence? I'd say No
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe