Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This is viable though the match settings raise a couple of questions.

If the fight takes place on the moon but BFR is disallowed, what happens if the moon is destroyed by Black Bolt yelling enough? Technically they've both been R-ed from the BF at that point. Do they just continue fighting space until Black Bolt asphyxiates?
    It’s somehow now my head-canon that BFR stands for Best Friend Recently.

It’s like BFF but without the long-term commitment and keeping future options open.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Assuming the Marvel moon so there's an air pocket where Attilan usually resides. Couldn't Mark just pick up Black Bolt and move him to a part of the moon without any air?
    That would definitely work. I really did not cover all my bases here at all.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Why would he die from his scream...he’s taken nukes, hits that can destroy cities, lava, and survived a planetary blast?
    Which planetary blast did Invincible survive? If you're talking about the one that blew up the Vitrumite (sp?) Homeworld, ISTR that that feat was him and his dad (along with one other guy on their approximate tier) flying down at full speed through a tunnel that they were burning through the planet using Omniman's old enemy's super-gun and flying out of the blast radius before it could hit them, with Omniman specifically cautioning Invincible to avoid touching the walls of the hole that they were digging because that would instantly kill him, or something to that extent. Of course, considering how his genes work, he should be notably stronger now than he was at that time, so maybe he got a better feat later on.

Also, putting Blackagar Boltogon (sp?) somewhere without oxygen shouldn't really prevent him from screaming since his power is not an actual scream so much as an uncontrollable and super-duper-powerful expression of his electron manipulation powers that happens to be connected to the speech center of his brain. Or was it his vocal cords? In either case, he should be able to AOE the moon before he suffocates to death, unless he got a downgrade (which I think he might have).

That said, I don't know how much credence I'd give to Blackbolt staying conscious long enough to do anything, since there's a big difference from taking one or two punches from Hulk and staying conscious and taking a thousand punches to the temple/groin/eyes/nosebone/etc...from someone in Hulk's weight class before you know that the fight has started. And that's discounting that Normal Hulk and Gladiator/Thanos are only nominally in the same strength tier, with Thanos especially treating Hulk-class opponents like garbage and winning a fist fight against a guy who can tear apart stars with his bare hands, in a battle that caused a nearby moon to explode from the backwash of their trading blows with one another, which sounds like it's comfortably in the "splatter Black Bolt or Invincible with a lovetap" tier.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-18-2020 at 08:13 AM. Reason: correcting typos

Yeah BB’s powers are him screwing up electrons. The voice thing is due to him exposed to mists while developing in the womb ( jacked with power to point it’s a curse!)

Really though he has crazy feats, him speaking for Silver Surfer’s attention.

As for fight, Mark is quick enough to grab him and get him into vacuum of space. Note that NASA has derrières with a king full of air you’ll last 15 or so seconds in space before vacuum effect yanks your fluids and air out, freeze dry mummy effect and all.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Which planetary blast did Invincible survive? If you're talking about the one that blew up the Vitrumite (sp?) Homeworld, ISTR that that feat was him and his dad (along with one other guy on their approximate tier) flying down at full speed through a tunnel that they were burning through the planet up Omniman's old enemy's super-gun and flying out of the blast radius before it could hit them, with Omniman specifically cautioning Invincible to avoid touching the walls of the home they were digging because that would instantly kill him, or to that extent. Of course, considering how his genes with, he should be notably stronger now than he was at that time, so maybe he got a better feat later on.

Also, putting Blackagar Boltogon (sp?) somewhere without oxygen shouldn't really prevent him from screaming since his power is not an actual scream so much as an uncontrollable and super-duper-powerful expression of his election manipulation powers that happens to be connected to the speech center of his brain. Or was it his vocal cords? In either case, he should be able to AOE the moon before he suffocates to death, unless he got a downgrade (which I think he might have).

That said, I don't know how much credence I'd give to Blackbolt staying conscious long enough to do anything, since there's a big difference from taking one or two punches from Hulk and staying conscious and taking a thousand punches to the temple/groin/eyes/nosebone/etc...from someone in Hulk's weight class before you know that the fight has started. And that's discounting that Normal Hulk and Gladiator/Thanos are only nominally in the same strength tier, with Thanos especially treating Hulk-class opponents like garbage and winning a fist fight against a guy can tear apart stars, in a battle that caused a nearby moon to explode from the backwash of their trading blows with one another, which sounds like it's comfortably in the "splatter Black Bolt or Invincible with a lovetap" tier.
    This. Bolt is significantly hurt by those beings punching him, and even if Mark isn't quite as strong he is much much faster. Well, not than Gladiator, but Gladiator didn't bother blitzing Bolt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Whispers KO legit Class 100's like Hulk and Gladiator. Both of those guys can survive being on an exploding planet (perhaps not at the epicenter of whatever exploded it).

Barely audible whispers. A suppressed grunt from behind gritted teeth caused volcanic activity on the far side of the planet.

Reed Richards once used his voice to tear open a small hole in space/time.

He should be comfortably beyond planet busting. Probably supernova level?
    The hills durability varies on his story

When he opened a year in reality he was using technology not just his voice.

When has hulk or gladiator survived an exploding planet, as I said one comic hulk gets KOd by a class 100 the next he's taking an explosion that destroys part of the moon so context counts

BANNED

Which planetary blast did Invincible survive? If you're talking about the one that blew up the Vitrumite (sp?) Homeworld, ISTR that that feat was him and his dad (along with one other guy on their approximate tier) flying down at full speed through a tunnel that they were burning through the planet using Omniman's old enemy's super-gun and flying out of the blast radius before it could hit them, with Omniman specifically cautioning Invincible to avoid touching the walls of the hole that they were digging because that would instantly kill him, or something to that extent. Of course, considering how his genes work, he should be notably stronger now than he was at that time, so maybe he got a better feat later on.

Also, putting Blackagar Boltogon (sp?) somewhere without oxygen shouldn't really prevent him from screaming since his power is not an actual scream so much as an uncontrollable and super-duper-powerful expression of his electron manipulation powers that happens to be connected to the speech center of his brain. Or was it his vocal cords? In either case, he should be able to AOE the moon before he suffocates to death, unless he got a downgrade (which I think he might have).

That said, I don't know how much credence I'd give to Blackbolt staying conscious long enough to do anything, since there's a big difference from taking one or two punches from Hulk and staying conscious and taking a thousand punches to the temple/groin/eyes/nosebone/etc...from someone in Hulk's weight class before you know that the fight has started. And that's discounting that Normal Hulk and Gladiator/Thanos are only nominally in the same strength tier, with Thanos especially treating Hulk-class opponents like garbage and winning a fist fight against a guy who can tear apart stars with his bare hands, in a battle that caused a nearby moon to explode from the backwash of their trading blows with one another, which sounds like it's comfortably in the "splatter Black Bolt or Invincible with a lovetap" tier.
    What? How can he scream with no air

And yes that's the feat I thought they survived the planet blowing up

Second I've never heard of BB destroying a planet third why can't invincible just blitz his head off

What? How can he scream with no air

And yes that's the feat I thought they survived the planet blowing up

Second I've never heard of BB destroying a planet third why can't invincible just blitz his head off
    Because his power isn't actually a scream, it's a massive blast of electron manipulation that is powerful enough to cause cosmic beings to notice being hit by it, and can be used to fuel a weapon that can rip holes in reality that are bigger than a solar system which just happens to be triggered by the same part of his brain that controls his voice. He has trained his entire life so that he wouldn't accidentally make any noise and generally restrains himself to just light whispers when he *does* use that aspect of his powers.

And if you reread the last paragraph of my post, I was arguing that Invincible should be fast and strong enough to *at least* KO Black Bolt before he knows what's going on.

When has hulk or gladiator survived an exploding planet, as I said one comic hulk gets KOd by a class 100 the next he's taking an explosion that destroys part of the moon so context counts
    Gladiator is portrayed as a guy who can blow up planets with a few punches in and of himself (to say nothing of Kid Gladiator claim to have seen him tear apart a black hole off screen) and has tanked an explosion that Reed Richards said contained enough power to destroy most of the solar system.

Also, while I have some problem with how it depicted Black Bolt's voice as a unidirectional wave rather than an uncontrollable omnidirectional explosion, BB recently gave Thanos a decent superficial shredding from a sustained blast of his voice at point blank range, which is a pretty decent feat considering Thanos pretty much completely ignored a direct blast from a pissed off Silver Surfer (to the point where Surfer'd rage basically transformed into slackjawed gaping immediately) several massive power ups back.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-18-2020 at 01:44 PM.

BANNED

It's suppose to say the hills not the hills. Stupid auto correct

It's suppose to say the hills not the hills. Stupid auto correct
    ......seems legit!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

We've established the Hulk's durability on the basis of consistent high end showings. He has enough of them that I could buy him surviving (certainly not enjoying) being on an exploding planet.

As stated, Gladiator survived a solar system leveling blast and can destroy a planet in three punches.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

We've established the Hulk's durability on the basis of consistent high end showings. He has enough of them that I could buy him surviving (certainly not enjoying) being on an exploding planet.

As stated, Gladiator survived a solar system leveling blast and can destroy a planet in three punches.
    I’m well aware of the hulks showings and I know they change a lot thanks

BANNED

I haven’t read invincible yet I’ve read respect threads bios etc

I'd argue that his durability is kinda ****, but his regen allows him to power through.

Not seriously argue, cuz I'm lazy... but you can't change my mind!

*hisses and skitters through a hole in the wall*
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan