Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

War World's obvious resemblance to the Death Star didn't irk me. You know, sometimes when you make a nod that's so obvious, it actually puts a smile on my face instead of making me rage, "WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!" It's like the artist says, "I'm a fan, I know you're a fan, so enjoy the reference!" An example when I think an obvious nod works well is the video game Revenge of Shinobi.

I think I only get annoyed when the artist claims any resemblance is purely coincidentally.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Initially, I had the same thought, until I remembered she could simply use the lasso to learn all she needs to know about Warworld.
    If we begin counting the times New52 WW would have been smarter to use the lasso we will need another thread
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
    His freedom. Not that she would be willing, but what choice will she have?
    He already passed up on an opportunity for freedom earlier in the issue and he didn't have to give up War World to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    He already passed up on an opportunity for freedom earlier in the issue and he didn't have to give up War World to do it.
    Not quite, it was my understanding that he realize he was outclassed by Branniac and chose to retreat. What Wonder Woman would offer is freedom to somewhere else.
    Last edited by SofNascimento; 08-14-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

BANNED

Not quite, it was my understanding that he realize he was outclassed by Branniac and chose to retreat. What Wonder Woman would offer is freedom to somewhere else.
    That sounds good but where would that be? Mongul's a conqueror, he'd want a place to conquer. If he were interested in minding his own business he wouldn't be who he is.

I can't see Wonder Woman letting Mongul loose on some unsuspecting world, but I don't see why Mongul would just accept losing War World for some uninhabited planet either.

Other than that, there isn't anything she can offer.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    War World's obvious resemblance to the Death Star didn't irk me. You know, sometimes when you make a nod that's so obvious, it actually puts a smile on my face instead of making me rage, "WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!" It's like the artist says, "I'm a fan, I know you're a fan, so enjoy the reference!" An example when I think an obvious nod works well is the video game Revenge of Shinobi.

I think I only get annoyed when the artist claims any resemblance is purely coincidentally.
    sometimes I think I can be also a comic writer, specially when it's just use old concepts again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If we begin counting the times New52 WW would have been smarter to use the lasso we will need another thread
    hahahhaha she could use the lasso to free superman and lois. Superman/batman when she merge the bad supergirl and the good supergirl. Jeph Loeb

Other than that, there isn't anything she can offer.
    this is what i wanna find out in issue 12: diana's bargaining chip or sacrificial lamb. (btw, issue 10, 11 plus the annual are quite underwhelming for a ww fan like me.)

Quote Originally Posted by technosprite1981 View Post
    this is what i wanna find out in issue 12: diana's bargaining chip or sacrificial lamb. (btw, issue 10, 11 plus the annual are quite underwhelming for a ww fan like me.)
    You will find out in Superman Doomed #2. Comes out not this week but next week.

Quote Originally Posted by YoureStrongIKnow View Post
    You will find out in Superman Doomed #2. Comes out not this week but next week.
    thanks, will look forward to it.

Completely average read. Diana voluntarily going solo to face Mongul is props to her. Superman with no pupils looks TERRIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Completely average read. Diana voluntarily going solo to face Mongul is props to her. Superman with no pupils looks TERRIBLE.
    superman reminds me of the villain "medula," in a superfriends epi...and yeah, cool to see wonder woman inside the dreaded phantom zone (is this the first time for her?) and with mongul at that.

solid issue. Can't wait to find out what Wondy and Mongul are up to.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by technosprite1981 View Post
    superman reminds me of the villain "medula," in a superfriends epi...and yeah, cool to see wonder woman inside the dreaded phantom zone (is this the first time for her?) and with mongul at that.
    She was in the Phantom Zone in BM/SM a couple of Doomed crossover issues ago. Faced off with Mogul and Non then too