Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Strike "only" from that sentence and I was wondering the same thing. If the very concept behind the construct in the first place will give her some enhanced control of it.
    it shouldn't because it doesn't make any sense. Earth is a warworld. probably there is more war on earth than warworld

Superman books for sure like to recycle plots, warworld (deathstar will sue) and phantom zone again. I laughed hard at this comic, specially the 5th grade sexism. what a way to trigger some bad memories.
    WTH Superman did? WTH...

Earth isn't a manmade machine though, either. Warworld is. Comparing it to an actual planet doesn't work. Doesn't mean my idea is anywhere close to what's going to happen, but your comparison doesn't even come close to debunking it, either.

And I thought the shout-out to Death Star II was cool. There's always been varying degrees of reminiscence anyway. The concept itself was probably taken directly from Star Wars in the first place. If they didn't sue over thirty years ago, I think DC is fine. Silly complaint.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-13-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Have to admit this is not as bad as I feared - Diana gets very little show time but at least she is DOING some proactive. Not just standing around. And she takes down Non with ease.

Better than the annual, at least.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Oh, and of course one panel stood out to me.

"The world comes first - always...We've never had to say it out loud, but we KNOW. I think the moment that stops, so do we."

Sounds like prophecy.

Edit - oh, and does Grand Moff Tarkin know Mongul stole his battle-station?
    Last edited by brettc1; 08-14-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Amazing Member

This was another poor issue, Doomed has gone on far too long and my interest has waned significantly. In my 29 years of reading comics long crossover stories rarely hit the hype that they are launched upon.

I did not mind the artwork but it is not compatible with the type of book that this title is about. Doomed is a rehash of the Doomsday storyline from the 90s and a 90s story where Supermans power began to grow and mutate his body to the point that he had to get the parasite to absorb some of his power.

I was enjoying this book and the initial doomed tie ins but it's too long.

BANNED

I wish she did not bother bargining with Mongul, just beat him up and take his stuff.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    I wish she did not bother bargining with Mongul, just beat him up and take his stuff.

That wouldn't be like Diana not to try a peaceful resolution first.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    No it wouldn't. But in this case I think its more to do with not knowing which button to push to turn it on.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    No it wouldn't. But in this case I think its more to do with not knowing which button to push to turn it on.
    Initially, I had the same thought, until I remembered she could simply use the lasso to learn all she needs to know about Warworld.

But a fight would take time and it could have an unknowing outcome, and even if she wins, she may be wounded, and after that she would have another war to fight in not ideal conditions. Of course Mongul could refuse what she proposes and a fight could still be necessary, but at least we can't say she didn't try in another way. Plus, she is Wonder Woman and she should always try in a peaceful way first. I have to say that I found her 100% in character in this issue, while in the previous ones it hadn't been always the case. This bergain she is going to make remembers me of the one she made with Artemis in her solo book in some way. Of course Artemis is not Mongul...but they had been enemies before she asked for her help.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

BANNED

I don't see the point when she needs War World in a timely fashion whether Mongul likes it or not.

We strip people of their property all the time when they go to prison, Mongul is essentially in super-prison. If she feels guilty she can give it back afterward.

Unless she's uncertain she will win, or thinks beating him would take too long.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I don't see the point when she needs War World in a timely fashion whether Mongul likes it or not.

We strip people of their property all the time when they go to prison, Mongul is essentially in super-prison. If she feels guilty she can give it back afterward.

Unless she's uncertain she will win, or thinks beating him would take too long.

Oh, I agree that Mongul doesn't have many rights with being a prisoner but I don't think Diana would just walk up to him, start beating him, and then take War World without trying a non-violent solution first.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Oh, I agree that Mongul doesn't have many rights with being a prisoner but I don't think Diana would just walk up to him, start beating him, and then take War World without trying a non-violent solution first.
    If she wants to say something like, "I need to use War World for a bit, we can do this the easy way or the hard way, your choice.", then fine.

But bargaining with the guy... I can't imagine anything that Mongul would want in exchange for War World that Wondy would be willing to give.
    Last edited by Lax; 08-14-2014 at 11:50 AM.

If she wants to say something like, "I need to use War World for a bit, we can do this the easy way or the hard way, your choice.", then fine.

But bargaining with the guy... I can't imagine anything that Mongul would want in exchange for War World that Wondy would be willing to give.
    His freedom. Not that she would be willing, but what choice will she have?
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Earth isn't a manmade machine though, either. Warworld is. Comparing it to an actual planet doesn't work. Doesn't mean my idea is anywhere close to what's going to happen, but your comparison doesn't even come close to debunking it, either.

And I thought the shout-out to Death Star II was cool. There's always been varying degrees of reminiscence anyway. The concept itself was probably taken directly from Star Wars in the first place. If they didn't sue over thirty years ago, I think DC is fine. Silly complaint.
    what matter isn't the guns, it's the emotions of a conflict. it's war. now bing build to be a warworld doesn't matter

Mongul needing WW to conquer Warworld is weird, he killed his own son? on bat/superman annual. I'm not fan of gladiator WW =/
    Last edited by Blacksun; 08-14-2014 at 02:18 PM.