Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Started watching the Web series Critical Role. I'm a life long tabletop gamer, and have gotten into similar shows before but the sheer length of the average episode was always an obstacle. It definitely takes up more time than I'd like it to, but I'm glad I finally gave it a fair shake. After fifty episodes I'm taking a break for a while.

I've watched quite a bit to be honest, but at the moment I started re-watching Rocket Robin Hood. It's not exactly high art, and it is more often than not as stupid as you'd expect a 50+ years old cartoon to be. But there's actually a lot to like when you put some thought into the question "Why is this happening?" The characters have no origins, you're just expected to believe their all the 30th century descendants of Robin Hood characters. In trying to make sense of it, an interesting world can be created in your mindscape.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I've mostly been re-watching various incarnations of Power Rangers on Netflix. Also got into Denji Sentai Megaranger on Tubi, although mostly for the sake of comparing and contrasting between the Psycho Rangers arc of Power Rangers in Space and the Nejiranger arc in Megaranger. (I am still disappointed that Gokaiger never had the Nejirangers make a comeback, and the less said about Power Rangers Super Megaforce, the better.) I've even caught up on the entire first season of Harley Quinn through the SyFy Network on my cable's On Demand service, and am looking forward to the second season when it's completed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Retired

I was already watching many things before quarantine. But since quarantine I discovered the Office Ladies podcast. So every Monday and Thursday evening, I watch an episode of THE OFFICE (US), then watch the deleted scenes for that episode on youtube, then listen to the Office Ladies talking about that episode. Very satisfying

Ultimate Member

I watched an episode of SWAT, hoping that it would be like Flashpoint.

Biiiiiiiiig mistake.

Niffleheim

I revisited things that i looked down on or stopped watching within 10 minutes of the first episode like Umbrella Academy, Letter to the King and The Shadow Hunters and more mediocre netflix bottom of the barrel scraps -- mildly enjoyed all but i know i would have never watched them if i wasn't cooped up in the house. Next I will be attempting to watch The Witcher again.

Astonishing Member

I watched a fair bit of tokusatsu early on. The Kamen Rider stuff from Shout! Factory on Tubi and Juspion on blu-ray. I watched some anime on Crunchyroll (at least until they stopped in the case of a couple of them). I've continued doing "Disney Deep Dives" on Disney+.

Recently I watched the movie Scoob!, which was meant to be Warner Animation's attempt at launching a Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe. Not sure how that's going to work out but that did put me in a Hanna-Barbera mood, so I subscribed to Boomerang. And . . . why is this such a rinky-dink service? It's the Warner cartoon service, right? Between their access to the old MGM and Fleischer cartoons as well as the Warner and Hanna-Barbera cartoon libraries, they have one of the biggest wells to draw from. But the service doesn't have Animaniacs or Tiny Toon Adventures or Swat Kats or Pirates of Dark Water or any of the '60s H-B superhero shows (Space Ghost, Herculoids, Mightor, etc). Or even all the H-B animal characters.

So, anyway, at this moment I'm watching Yo, Yogi!. It's one of H-B's more infamous attempts at modernizing their characters. Mainly for being corny and dated. It doesn't seem all that bad to me, though. Mainly because H-B cartoons have always been corny and full of stuff that becomes dated quick. They weren't built to have a long shelf life. That's why the early ones riffed on stuff like the Honeymooners and the Phil Silvers Show.

Retired

Also, never miss an episode of S.G.N. and have a good cry.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Also, never miss an episode of S.G.N. and have a good cry.
    What's this?

I recently started watching Modern Family on Netflix. It's pretty funny.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Incredible Member

I watched Bloodshot. It's nice to see a movie based on a comic that isn't from Marvel or DC.

That said, the next two movies I plan to stream are Candyman and Morbius.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What's this?
    "Some Good News," on youtube, hosted by John Krasinski.

I finished Amc's Preacher, I thought it was good and often pretty funny even though I thought Cassidy went from being the best character, to the worst and most annoying one. I've also checked out Altered Carbon, really enjoying it so far.