Mighty Member

Default I am confused: Is JAY GARRICK and JSA back and known by everyone?

Hello,
    I dont understand the Timeline..

Is JSA now back and they are known by everyone?
    As far as I understood WW was now already active before and so she knows the JSA and Jay Garrick and Jay and Max are now back?

Mighty Member

Mr. Terrific is back, so I imagine so. I do not recall seeing Jay Garrick in the Flash yet, but he's on the upcoming cover for the August release.

Seems like everyone wants a new JSA series, but I guess DC's waiting for two things. 1) To find a writer who would be inspired to write it 2) To find a writer who is good enough at telling stories to keep the fans satisfied to bring in the revenue like Geoff Johns did.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Mr. Terrific is back, so I imagine so. I do not recall seeing Jay Garrick in the Flash yet, but he's on the upcoming cover for the August release.

Seems like everyone wants a new JSA series, but I guess DC's waiting for two things. 1) To find a writer who would be inspired to write it 2) To find a writer who is good enough at telling stories to keep the fans satisfied to bring in the revenue like Geoff Johns did.
    I'm not reading a lot of DC right now, but for Mr. Terrific, I recall his series making it so he was stuck on nu52 Earth 2 and unable to return to whatever DC was calling their main Earth this week. Maybe the Terrifics explained that. But Micheal Holt is a character that can stand independent of the JSA so he isn't a symbol of a JSA return. As for Terry Sloane, that's a different story and multi-dimensional versions of him were alluded to in Earth 2.

Doomsday Clock is over and that heralded a return of the JSA and the Legion. Bendis is doing a Legion, but as for the JSA, still nothing. Their appearance in Justice/Doom War seemed to be pre-DClock when Barry and John didn't know them at all. Hawkman may have something in it. I know a Kent Nelson Dr Fate appeared in Levitz's Dr. Fate series and I've heard JL Dark had a Fate in it also. There was old-school Alan Scott in Wonder Woman 750.

We know at the very least that the JSA will be facing Superboy-Prime in Shazam #14 whenever that actually gets released, and that at the very least, Jay Garrick will be in Death Metal and a Tie In called Speed Metal with Wally and Barry. Death Metal is set to address everything current including Doomsday Clock and Wally West's new status after Flash Forward, so I expect JSA answers in that
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member

If Beth Chapel and Yolanda Montez are back, I wonder where that leaves Peter Cross and Tom Bronson?

Mighty Member

Ok, BUT Diana is now active since longer time, if I understood it right...

So this makes her a part of JSA or?

I mean as far as I understood with the new timeline change (Doomsday Clock or so) she was active since longer time and she was part of JSA or?

BANNED

I’m pretty sure they were restored and inserted into our current DCU’s history, and WW is officially the first superhero, so she now has history where she encountered them and maybe was a part of the team? (I’m not really sure)

Mighty Member

I hope so, because we already have:
    -Wally West
    -Young Justice (besides Tim and Cassie)

who are unknown to the current JL...

If they have to reintroduce Conner,Bart,JSA etc. it will be very much...

So Jay Garrick first appeared in this timeline waaaaayyyy back in "The Button" Flash/Batman crossover. Jay has been trapped in the speed force and recognized Barry, but Barry didn't recognize Jay and he was sucked back into the speed force.

Then we went several years of nothing. The JSA briefly appeared in the past in Doomsday Clock and was "supposedly" restored to the timeline. More recently the JSA of the 1940s appeared in Scott Snyder's Justice League series but once again it was the past version of the team.

Jay is supposed to be in Joshua Williamson's Finish Line arc of The Flash coming up in August, maybe we will find out how he escapes the speed force.

Bottom line: who the hell knows?! I just want them back.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Dude.

How many of these threads are you planning on making in which you essentially ask the same thing?

The answer is still the same. Time in the DCU is broken, which is going to be a key plot point in Death Metal.

I know it's been a long wait, but DC's had a bumpy few years editorially. It's being sorted out now.

Personally, I would rather they not rush things. I don’t want another repeat of the New 52, which was poorly planned out and rushed into before they'd figured out all the details.

Sorting out 80+ years of contradictory continuity in a way that is going to satisfy everyone is a virtually impossible task. I am glad they're trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I hope so, because we already have:
    -Wally West
    -Young Justice (besides Tim and Cassie)

who are unknown to the current JL...

If they have to reintroduce Conner,Bart,JSA etc. it will be very much...
    There dealing with the Young Justice characters in other series
    -The entire Young Justice team will learn what happened supposedly in the next issue (issue 15)
    -Bart Allen is coming back in Flash, in fact he is on the cover's for the Finish Line arc
    -Conner has already met Superman again over in Action Comics

But I would wait and give it a couple months, supposedly Death Metal is going to deal with that kind of stuff but that remains to be seen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.